PDA

View Full Version : Missing Prednisone

laurid8967
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone -
Well, I feel lousy, and Im really aggravated as its not my fault that I feel lousy. My prednisone was due for a refill, and I noticed there were no refills on it (why, I dont know..). Anyway, I called the automated line at my doctor's office, and told them I needed more. This was on Monday, the 21st. I called on Tuesday to see if it was ready, and the pharmacy said they never received a refill request. I called my docs office again, spoke to the receptionist this time, and she said she would tell the nurse to send it right away. I went Tues night to pick it up, and they said they still hadnt received it. I called Wednesday AM (docs office), and they said that they HAD sent it on Monday. I told them they didnt rec. it, so she said they would send another one. Wed afternoon - still nothing. I asked the pharmacist (who is a RIPPIN' b-i!#@) if she could give me one pill until she received the request and she said NO. (They do this all the time for me with other meds). I called docs office again, and they were gone for the day. Now its been THREE days without my medicine - started to feel really lousy. Called pharm. this AM - nothing. Called docs office - they said they sent it. I said, "I want someone to CALL THEM and tell them that. I dont know whats going on with the system, but Im getting sick without my meds and youre not supposed to stop it suddenly.." They were like "Ooohh, I know....OK, let me see if a doctor can do that for you"
Anyway, I JUST GOT THEM...Ive missed three doses and I feel like junk. I have pain in my back in my lungs, everything is swollen and sore, and my brain feels funny...almost like swollen. You know, its hard enough to feel well when we HAVE our medication! We work hard at doing the right things for us so we dont have a flare, and then something like this happens and BAM! Im in a flare!! Im having a huge party on Sat!! Like, I dont have time for this....Sorry, I just have to vent. I have a headache too. uugghhhhh! Must relax.....breathe.....
Lauri

Pretti in Pink
07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Lauri,

I'm glad you FINALLY got your meds and vented about your experience to get it off of your chest, now rest up for your party! We want you to be ready.

laurid8967
07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks PIP =
I wish you all could come!! Isnt that funny? I feel like I know you all like that!! lolol
Lauri

Pretti in Pink
07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
I feel like too, I wish we could all meet up someplace and have a WHL party- wouldn't that be fun!

Jax812
07-24-2008, 05:09 PM
That stinks! How irresponsible of your doctors and the pharmacy!

I go on and off prednisone a lot. If you don't taper it properly, you can get VERY sore, it's like withdrawal. That happened to me once and I felt absolutely awful. My very skin hurt so bad to the touch.

Hopefully it's just that and not a flare!

Kimmy
07-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Lauri,
I'm so sorry to hear about that. There is nothing worse than being in pain and not having something to stop it.
I'm glad you finally got your meds and I hope you feel better very soon!
Hugs,
Kimmy

lornak
07-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Lauri,

that only happened to me one time and from then on, when the bottle states one refill remaining, I call right then. even if I just got the script filled. then I am ready and never run out of anything. just a thought. I have not had any problems with any of my dr. writing them for me like that. hope you feel better in time for your party.

laurid8967
07-25-2008, 07:05 PM
You guys are great...Im still a little off today, but better than yesterday. I was sooo tempted to take 2 prednisones (Im pretty complulsive) but I didnt, nor would I ever mess with my meds like that. Im feeling REAL brain foggy, having a hard time focusing, lots of floaters..
Its now 10PM here, and I am ashamed to say that I havent really sat down at all today. Obviously, I felt well enough to do it, so meds are back on board, but Im SORE NOW...I really just did alot of cooking, cleaning, laundry and went to the market. Im going to bed now though, I hope thats enough to help me tomorrow. I do have a great group around me though, I could call any family member or freind, and they would run the whole party for me if I wanted!! Im very lucky, for sure. And my husband did ALL the yard work, so I wasnt outside TOO much at all. I should be fine.
I cant believe my baby girl is having her graduation party!!! It just goes so fast sometimes. I want her to have a nice day..
Well, I havent read any posts yet, so I dont know how everyone is doing, but I hope everyone had a good, flare-free day!!
Talk to you all soon - enjoy your Saturday!!
Love and friendship,
Lauri

Saysusie
07-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Laur;
I hope that your daughter's party is a smashing success and that you are able to thoroughly enjoy it! I'm glad that you are being diligent with your meds and that they are working! Keep at it!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

laurid8967
07-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi everyone -
Well, the party was awesome!!! My hubby and my sister and her partner went down early and got the tables and set them all up. The yard looked BEAUTIFUL!! All blue and white, TONS of flowers and the kids in the pool...Though so many are on vacation this week, we had a great turnout. I stayed inside in the kitchen mostly and took care of the food (my forte!) and everything was excellent. I veered away from "ccokout" food (you all probably say BB-Q) as then someone has to stand in front of the grill all day, and instead had homemade Italian buffet with lazyman lasagna, chiken cacciatore, homemade meatballs (I made about 100 meatballs and they were gone!), and cold food as well. So, I had to stay in the kitchen, which worked great for me...Perfect weather...Im so happy today.
Im a little tired, a little swollen, but Thank God my prednisone was on board full time - it saved the day!! I go to docs tomorrow to find out about Imuran...really nervous to be honest...I would really rather stay on the steroids believe it or not...
Anyway, hope eveyone enjoys their Sunday...have a good day!
Love Lauri

Saysusie
07-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Lauri;
I am so happy that the day went well, both for you and for your daughter and her friends! Sounded like a lot of fun and the menu made me a bit hungry :lol: I'm with you, sometimes Prednisone can be a life saver huh?
Let us know how your doctor appointment goes tomorrow!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie