PDA

View Full Version : I am new to Lupus. Need Advice.

machelleraper
07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey.
I am new to this whole lupus thing. I found out a few weeks ago that I have it. I also have Rhuematoid Arthritis and carpal tunnel sydrome. I don't really know much about all of this stuff. It's a very terrifying thing to get all of this at once. I've been sick for a while, and went to the doctor a few months ago for a different reason, and discovered all of this. If somebody would please give me some advice on this, it would be greatly appriciated.

<3

KathyW1958
07-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Hi Machelle,
Welcome to the forum. My name is Kathy. I have SLE, Lupus and have had it for years. I can certainly understand your fear. We all are very afraid when we first get diagnosed, because there is no cure. They have really good medications now and most people are able to live to a normal life expenctancy. I will be 50 in December and they believe that I have had lupus since the age of 5. Have they put you on any medications for your Lupus. You will learn in time what your limitations are and things like that. As far as the carpal tunnel, I don't know much about that. There will be others that come on here to welcome you that have a wealth of information that will help you a lot. I am pretty new to the site and I think that this site is really great. I hope that you keep posting and reading all the posts.

God Bless,
Kathy

laurid8967
07-23-2008, 07:25 AM
Hey Machelle -
Welcome to the site - it is truly a wonderful place to learn, vent and find compassionate people who really understand.
Are you sick (in a flare) right now? What are your symptoms? Are you on any meds?
Let us know how you are doing and, again, welcome.
Love Lauri

Oluwa
07-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Machelle...

Welcoming you with open arms...

What type of advice are you looking for...general, medicine, care. To start with try here on the forum at Lauri's Lounge Stickys. Here is the link..

http://www.wehavelupus.com/message-board-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4482

http://www.wehavelupus.com/message-board-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4484

http://www.wehavelupus.com/message-board-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4483

There are many books out there also, such as...
The Lupus Book by Daniel Wallace...
Living with Lupus by Sheldon Paul Blau...
New Hope for People with Lupus by Theresa Fox DiGeronimo

There are many, many informative sites..such as www.lupus.org.

And for experience, you are in the right place. Many of us, all of us can help you. Chat about, read on...ask..

Again welcome to a warm, loving and safe place in space...here.

Keeping looking for your wellness..
Hugs,
Oluwa

Saysusie
07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi Machelle;
I know how daunting this must be, to have so many diagnoses at the same time. You've done the right thing by reaching out for support and information. I can say that one of the most important things that you can do is to learn as much as you can about each of your illnesses. Knowledge will help you to be pro-active in your health care, it will help you to disarm some of your fears, and it will help you to take the necessary steps in order to manage your illnesses.
There is a wealth of information and experience here amongst our members. You can always come to us when you have questions, concerns, or just need to talk.
Oluwa has guided you to some beginning places to find some information and answers. Please know that if you need anything else, there will always be someone here to help you.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie