PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Activities

DrinkofWtr
07-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Everybody:

Felt pretty good this weekend. Went on a train ride to Santa Paula on the Fillmore and Western Railroad. It was quite scenic with a beautiful view of the mountains and an excursion through the avocado, and citrus groves. Got to much sun though and suffered with a sunburn Monday. Not good for Lupus.
That willl teach me to wear dresses that expose the chest area. Had an authentic Mexican Shrimp Dinner in Santa Paula at a quaint little downown restaurant a few blocks from the train station.

Sunday was a fun day too! Went to Ventura Harbor for Pirate Days. The characters from the movie "Pirates of the Carribean" were there with fire swallowing, sword demonstrations, axe throwing, etc. There were lots of photo opportunities. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. Bought some little trinkets though and had a great time. It was a nice escape from all the stress I have been going through lately.

Oluwa
07-22-2008, 10:00 AM
DrinkofWater..Hey...

Oh, I am jealous....what a lovely way to spend the weekend. Did you get to stop and get a few avocados and a bit of citruses too?

Many more weekends like that to come...

RandR..fun, does a body good...
Oluwa

Saysusie
07-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Drinkofwater;
I am so glad that you were able to get away from the stress and that you had a wonderful weekend. Sounds like something from a movie :lol:
Don't forget to try to do something like this as often as you can! You can already see/feel how good it is for you

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie :lol:

mnjodette
07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
DrinkofWtr, that sounds just idyllic...how nice for you! Glad you had a real 'stress-buster' weekend.

Jody

DrinkofWtr
07-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Dear Oluwa:

I tried to grab some citrus and avocados from the train, but they were a bit to far away.

Drink of Wtr

Oluwa
07-23-2008, 09:08 AM
While it was moving DrinkofWtr?

L.,
O.

DrinkofWtr
07-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Dear Oluwa:

Yes, while it was moving. We were in an open type coach. It's kind of hard to explain.

Drink of Wtr.