PDA

View Full Version : Severe Sensitivity to the Sun!

KathyW1958
07-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone has ever had this experience. I went to a cookout on the 4th and everyone was outside under the shade trees during the afternoon. Well I was out there and I suddenly started getting very dizzy big time. I tried to ignore it and that turned out to be a huge mistake. I ended up getting so dizzy that I decided that I had better get into the house right quick. I stood up and that is all I remember until I was in the trailer and my brother-in-law was holding the tv remote control in front of me and trying to explain how to use it. They all told me that I passed out and landed face first in the grass. I suddenly felt better in the house like nothing happened to me. This really scares me. Has this happened to anyone else. My husband decided that we had to go home when that happened, so basically I ruined his day too. I am just so upset about this.

Kathy

mnjodette
07-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Boy, I've had similar experiences. I'm not what would be considered traditionally photosensivity (I don't get sores or exteme rashes from the sun.) But I absolutely do have symptoms from too much sun. Recently, I took a long walk with my hubby; forgot my hat, forgot my sunscreen (we hadn't planned on being gone long.) When I got back I got very dizzy, drenched in sweat, sick to my stomach, heart was pounding and I got a terrible headache. I had to lay down for several hours, but it eventually went away. I actually have more problem with the sun now than I did when I was first diagnosed. Be careful, Kathy. Hat, sunglasses, long sleeves, sunblock....you know the drill! Sorry the sun put a 'cloud' over your 4th of July! :(

KathyW1958
07-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi
Yes I do unfortunately know the drill about the sunscreen, hat and longsleeved shirts etc. It was totally my fault that this happened to me. I forgot everything that day and boy did I pay for it big time. You can be sure that I will not make that mistake again. I feel bad that you go through the same thing. Oh and yes I ended up with a killer headache and nausea. It was bad. This illness really stinks big time.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
07-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Kathy;
I posted, somewhere in these forums, my reaction to being in the sun (even after taking ALL precautions - including sitting under a shade tree) where I ended up in bed for almost two entire days - throwing up (I mean, serious hurling and heaving), body aches like a terrible case of the flu, a horrible headache, sore muscles (as if I had lifted weights with each muscle in my body), extreme dizziness, and just all around feeling like @#!!.
So, you are not alone and YES it happens to many of us! So, even when we take all of the precautions, we still my limit our time in the sun (even if it is under a shade tree!)
I'm glad that you are better and I hope that it never happens to either one of us again (you too Mnjodette!).

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

NoodleMom
07-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I get that too. Headache, weak feeling, nausea, itching red raised bumps. Sometimes really, really bad others not so. Even when I lotion up and cover up. Never know how it will affect me from one day to the next.

Yeah it stinks. Sorry you all have to deal with it too.

K

laurid8967
07-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I remember in my younger years that if we were on vacation somewhere hot/beach...I would have to make a choice to either 1) Go to the beach during the day, and stay in that night, or 2) Stay out of the sun during the day, so I could party that night. I would get really faint as well (have fainted MANY times) and sick, tired. I could NEVER do both.
I always attributed it to having too much sun. And FORGET it if I was having drinks while I was in the sun...I would sleep for DAYS afterward! Now, I dont drink OR go out in the sun!! lol...aahhh the wisdom that comes with age....
I gotta say, though, theres nothing like a cold beer on a hot summer day...Too bad I never knew how to have "A" beer - there were always several in my wild youth!!! lol