PDA

View Full Version : Trying to conceive...

Ghina
07-16-2008, 04:32 AM
hi there,
just wanted to know from ur experience ladies if there are any precautions I have to take while trying to conceive as I am trying lately. I have a 2 year old daughter whom I had from the first pregnancy. I was 4 months pregnant with her when I knew I got lupus. I failed two other pregnancies afterwards. During my first pregnancy I was only on 81mg baby aspirin and 5000IU fragmin(low moleculat heparin) once daily starting the 4th month plus the vitamins, and the pregnancy went smoothly. I was put on the same and its not working. I know I am not having a flare now so its my chance to try again.
I would appreciate if lupie ladies who had babies share with me the meds they've been on with the dose while pregnant. The problem is that I cant find a really good obgyn and rheuma here in sadi arabia. I had to ask my doctor to put me on 400mg plaquenil instead of 200mg after talking to the ladies here! SO basically I tell the docs what I should take and they prescribe it for me, scary huh?
gin

Saysusie
07-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Ghina;
There have been many discussions, throughout these forums, about conceiving while having Lupus. If you click on "Search" (above) and then type in the word "conceive" or "pregnant", it will bring up all of the posts that have those words in them. You can then read all of the discussions (which includes advice, information and support) about conceiving and pregnancy while having Lupus.
If, after that, you still need help or information, we will be more than happy to give you both. :D

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Ghina
07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
thans saus, sure I will since now I finished school and have more time to educate myself more about my disease.
gin