PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day

Tohaveornot
07-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Hey guys,

Today I feel terrible, my head feels heavy but I am lightheaded. My entire body aches and I am so tired.

I think I have another ovarian cyst coming on, but they have never made me feel this terrible.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Thanks and hope everyone is doing well.

-Hil

Oluwa
07-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Hil....

Not the cyst correlation and heavy, light headiness ring a bell together for me.

But..I do get the light head while feeling heavy head. Me I contribute mine to my medicines, and or Lupus fog.

On any pain relievers?

Eating properly? Not fasting?

Sleeping enough?

Too many carbs?

Constipated?

So many things can be a possibility.

Symptoms of ovarian cysts..
If you have an ovarian cyst, you may experience the following signs and symptoms:

* Menstrual irregularities
* Pelvic pain a constant or intermittent dull ache that may radiate to your lower back and thighs
* Pelvic pain shortly before your period begins or just before it ends
* Pelvic pain during intercourse (dyspareunia)
* Pain during bowel movements or pressure on your bowels
* Nausea, vomiting or breast tenderness similar to that experienced during pregnancy
* Fullness or heaviness in your abdomen
* Pressure on your rectum or bladder difficulty emptying your bladder completely

The signs and symptoms that signal the need for immediate medical attention include:

* Sudden, severe abdominal or pelvic pain
* Pain accompanied by fever or vomiting

Hugs,
OLuwa

Tohaveornot
07-13-2008, 11:37 AM
I've had cysts before, so now I can diagnose it on my own.

the pain is the big clue, haha.

I am just on synthroid for my hypo, but It's never made me feel this bad.
I am getting as much sleep as I ever had, and I am eating as well as the next teenager, haha.

Thanks so much for your help!

My joints all hurt six ways from sunday.

-Hil

laurid8967
07-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Have,
This sounds like a flare...I am very sick today too...Keep falling asleep, sweats, pain and REALLY bad lightheadedness/dizziness.
I was in the sun yesterday - not for long-it was overcast all day - but obviously enough to be in a bad flare today.
I feel drunk/hungover...arms and fingers tired/swollen.
Hope you feel better...going back to sleep
Lauri

Tohaveornot
07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Ok, I hope you feel better...
if it is a flare how long do you thin kit will last?

laurid8967
07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh, there is really no way of knowing. Some flares last a day, a week, month or year. Thats why its so important to avoid a flare to begin with, though sometimes they come no matter how good we take care of ourselves.
The best thing you can do is take your medication, stay out of the sun and get some rest. Listen to your body. Every time Ive come to read this post, I am just waking up again....I HATE when I feel like this, but Ive learned not to try and fight against it, but work with it.
Anti-inflammatories can help with pain and swelling - Ibuprofen, Naprosyn (which are Motrin and Aleve). Are you on any lupus meds, too? Make sure you take them exactly as prescribed too.
I hope you feel better soon!! Please take care of yourself and listen to your body!
Love Lauri

Oluwa
07-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Hil..

I was just mentioning the symptoms to show no light headiness or heavy was apart of the list of ovarian cysts....

With joint pain, and heavy but light headed does appear to be the symptoms of a flair without Tommy Hilfiger Jeans. Or also just the Lupus fog.

They can be mild, moderate or severe...tolerable to bed ridden. Each flair without Dior Cologne is different for each. Me, mild joint pain, intermittent headaches, Da fog, moderate muscle pain are my norms but could be a flair without OPI Not Really a Waitress Red Polish for another...

They can even last as short as a minute...a wave. So worry not about the duration, just continue to take care of yourself..perhaps go over the things you had or hadn't done to trigger this flair without a Gucci bag and avoid them.

Such as...

Too much sugar in eats? Junk...Can ignite a flair.
Exertion? Exercise too much yesterday?
Sun?
Fluorescent lights?
Alcohol?
Stress?
Or maybe IT just decided it wanted to make itself known to you...

It is crazy..to me IT is IT's own entity...I just nurse mine for the most part and lately he is content.

Do you follow a daily prevention regime? Management is key.

Review your medicines for hypothyroidism and see if it maybe one of the side effects, possible.

I hope by nights end it will have dissipated and tomorrow will be filled with great things...

Sometimes rest with waiting it out will lift the IT fog.

Be well..hugs,
Oluwa

laurid8967
07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh boy -
Oluwa, do you think my flair without Lucky Brand Jeans could be from all the ice cream Ive been eating? I mean, Ive been EATING ice cream....like two pints a NIGHT!! OK - the thought of not having my ice cream tonight makes me sad...honest to God!! It brings me so much pleasure!! Ive really been overdoing it, though.
OK - no ice cream tonight....Ill see what happens..
THank you,
Lauri

Oluwa
07-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Lauri..

Humm, do I think..humm...Yessssssss....smile.

My RheumBA wrote out a prescription for me, it literally said.

No stress.
Exercise.
No sugar or sugar substitutes. Splenda okay.

A quart of ice cream, oh gurl you are so crazy, but enjoying life's offering even from a carton...

I would suggest tapering off the ice cream like scaryoids...

Moderation, moderation with IT in everything is key. Indulge now and then but not everyday.

How has your sleep been? IT fog with that rush of sugar?

Do one pint, then a half, then a spoon full and then maybe every Monday night....

Enjoy ice cream a little less...hugs.
Oluwa

laurid8967
07-13-2008, 06:02 PM
OK, been asleep since last post...Oluwa, you crack me up. Soooo, I had a piece of ice cream cake left over from the party. Thats all...but, I dont feel well to begin with so it wasnt that hard. Actually, most everything hurts going down right now - even ice cream - so I didnt enjoy as much.
I did this ice cream thing LAST summer, and then gave it up for the winter again. Im SO BAD at moderation, Oluwa! Its truly not my forte.
Ahh, something I NEED to do, though, thats different.
Im hoping youre feeling OK today...Im going back to sleep and hopefully wake up feeling better.
Thanks, as always, for your help everyone...Im sure Ill have more questions to bug you with tomorrow!
Love and prayers -
Lauri

Tohaveornot
07-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Okay, today I feel a LITTLE better, but not great.
My joints still ache, but I think the cyst has ruptured so i am (Hopefully) free from that pain.

I was in the sun on Friday for a LONG time. Do you think that could have triggered it?
my shoulders ache from typing. It's pathetic.

I think my mom is bugging out, but I can't be sure. Does anyone have any tips on easing her fears/anxiety?
She feels guilty because if I do have lupus I got it from her, and she knows that that's illogical, but she still feels it.

Oluwa
07-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi Hil...

Yessss...The sun is a big flare trigger..please follow the link...

http://wehavelupus.com/message-board-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4483

If your mother had known would she have had you? Of course, without her you would not be you.

If Mum's didn't have children because of what they may get, become, who we would marry, what college we would go to.....there wouldn't be children born.

We are of our parent's but we are individual, even with an illness...

So, tell your Mum to worry not, guilt not...you can both learn from your illnesses together...and understand what each other is going through. Be there for her, she can be there for you...how fortunate it is that. Most of us know no one except here in cyberspace with our illness..

Be thankful you have one another, to know what it is like through this journey...a mixed blessing if you will, but indeed a blessing.

Hugs,
Love,
Oluwa

laurid8967
07-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Oluwa - As usual, said so eloquently and gracefully.....your writing is soooo soooothing......
You should write a book. Maybe a "How to Relax Your Lupus" book...
With meditaitons, breathing and your easy words...
Sounds good, huh? You could help others and make some dough!!

Tohave -
I am in AWE on a daily basis now, on how much the sun affects my well being. I never knew this before, and it is so apparent now - its ridicuolous I never noticed before. Yes, yes, yes - the sun is probably what got you sick. I agree with Oluwa - you and your Mom can help each other! It could be worse - My Mom doesnt GET IT AT ALL! And I deal all the time with - Oh, youre tired AGAIN? Didnt you just TAKE a nap? Shes getting better, but I did just order Dr. Wallace's book on Lupus so she cant play the "Well, I didnt know!!!" - card with me anymore - lol
Lovce lauri