PDA

View Full Version : I'm not doing so well!!

dede96
07-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been around much lately and I am sorry for that. Just when I thought everything was going in the right direction, I have been knocked down again. After working for only 8 weeks and doing great, I suddenly became very sick. I started running high fevers, I could hardly move my arms and legs and just generally felt horrible. At first with the arms and legs I just attributed it to the Lupus, but then with the fevers went to the dr. He knew immediately that I had a couple of things going on and put me in the hospital. I have pneumonia and am having a hard time recovering. My husband brought me my laptop, so at least now I can communicate with everyone who understands this horrible disease. The only thing that the dr is saying at this point is that my immune system is non existant because of the methotrexate, but I am so afraid that if I don't continue it my crohn's disease will take over my already weak body. I'm due to take it again on Monday and at this point, I'm not going to get it. I would love to leave here, but I do not even have the energy to get out of this bed. Thanks for listening...

KathyW1958
07-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Hi Dede,
I am sorry to hear that this is happening with you. I hope that you get to feeling better and get on the mend and fast. I understand what it is like to be in the hospital and have your immune system crash. That happened to me in 2000 when I caught Salmonella food poisoning. I ended up in the hospital for a week on IV antibiotics. I was on reverse isolation for most of the time there. I take Plaquenil, Imuran and Sulindac. I too had to come off of the Imuran until I got better from that. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Kathy

hatlady
07-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Oh Dede, I am sending many gentle hugs of support! I hope each day finds you a bit stronger and closer to walking out of there feeling WELL.

My thoughts are with you -

hatlady

laurid8967
07-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi Dede -
So sorry to hear of your problems...I know you must feel so lonely being in a hospital for so long...I can empathize. Try your best to get as much rest as possible. Sleep heals our bodies..
You are in my prayers and sending warm thoughts your way
Love Lauri

NoodleMom
07-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi DeDe, I dont think we have met yet. Im fairly new here. But I couldnt read and not reply. Im so sorry that you are going thru this.I have not been hospitalized for lupus. Hoping that I dont have to.

Praying that you feel better real soon.

Kasey

Rastagirl
07-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Dede

So sorry you're stuck in the hospital. That's never a fun place to be. And pneumonia is a really tough one to fight.

I'm sending healing hugs your way and prayers that your body will begin to gain some strength to fight this off. I will pray for a boost for your immune system.

Hang in there, keep your thoughts focused on feeling better and getting back home. I'm glad you have your husband to encourage you and bring in the laptop to keep you in touch with us.

Get well soon! :D

Fondly,

Lori

Oluwa
07-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Dede...head hugs..close your eyes and feel all of our hugs...squeeze.

How are things today? A day can make a difference....

In my prayers you are, Dede.

We always here for you, so don't apologize for time length in between posts. Usually time inbetween means good times, healthier times, we understand...we like that..that is what we all hope for, wish for...believe in when we don't hear from someone. Enjoy the time when it is here, so don't apologize for it..okay?

Big hugs full of love...
Oluwa

rob
07-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Hello Dede,

I wish you felt better. This thing called lupus can invade your life and sucker punch you when you least expectt it. I hope you are ok.

mnjodette
07-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Hi, Dede....I'm so sorry you're having trouble. When your immune system is 'asleep' it's so hard to fight off things like pneumonia. But, without the immune-suppressing drugs, other things really can get the best of you. That's really being between a rock and a hard place, isn't it? I hope today finds you a bit better. Listen to your docs, rest, and try to keep your spirits up. Prayers and hugs to you, Dede.

Jody

dede96
07-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. I had a feeding tube placed today as I just don't feel like eating. My lungs are so full and my chest feels so heavy. I am receiving breathing treatments every 2 hrs, and by the time I need another one my breathing is really bad. My labs were no better today so please keep praying that tomorrows will be better. Thanks to all of you...

laurid8967
07-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Oooh...Deede -
Sorry to hear your recovery is taking so long...Hang in there...This Too Shall Pass....
I am sending soft hugs and warm, healing thoughts your way...
Love and prayers,
Lauri

rob
07-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi Dede,

Breathing problems can be downright scary. I know it's much easier said than done, but have faith in treatment you are getting, and know that you can beat this. Hang in there, and like Lauri said, This too Shall Pass. You are in the thoughts and prayer of many people. Let us know how things are going when you can, and know that we are all in your corner.

Rob

tsears
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi dede,

Lots of hugs, and prayers coming your way. You just concentrate on getting better. I have had Lupus/Fibromyalgia, and for the time being it has really kicked my behind. Everyone here are great. they have all made me feel good about alot of things. Things that I feel I can come to grips with. But you will start feeling better, God is on our side and I strongly believe in PRAYER... Take care, get well and we are all praying for you.

Love Ya,
Tsears