PDA

View Full Version : New member

Phyllis
07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Hello, my name is Phyllis and I have had Lupus for 6 years. I am 33, married and have 4 kids. Three boys and one girl. I do not know anyone else who has lupus, and think it would be good to have someone to talk to who knows about lupus.

NoodleMom
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
welcome phyllis, :smilecolros:

Kasey

KathyW1958
07-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi Phyllis,
Welcome to the site. There are a lot of us who come here that have Lupus and other auto-immune disorders. You will learn a lot here as a lot of the members are very knowledgeable and very very understanding. I am pretty new here too. I have had Lupus, Sjogrens, Cileacs Spru for years and now I have PA (Pernicious Anemia) to add to the lot. I will be 50 in December. Well welcome to the forum.

Hugs,
Kathy

sits_inthe_corner
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Phyllis and welcome

This is a great site. Lots of information and friendly support.

I'm not fully diagnosed...long struggle to get proper tests done. My mother had lupus and my sister has it. I've had symptoms since I was 19 but for some reason I cant bet my rhuemy to move on it.

Any way. I'm on medications that help and I manage.

How about yourself?

laurid8967
07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey Phyllis!
Welcome to the site...its truly a great place to be around people who REALLY understand what you are going through. A lot of us here have little ones too!
Im glad you found us, and feel free to ask any questions you may have...the people here are so knowledgable and wonderful...We love to hear from you!
Lauri

mela
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi Phyllis,

WELCOME!
I joined not too long ago myself. Funny, I am 34 have had lupus for 7 years, married but no children. There are some wonderful people in this site that have made me feel welcomed so now it is my turn to welcome you!

You will surely find support in this site :o)

Saysusie
07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Hello and Welcome to our family.
I'm glad that you are here and that you decided to join us!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

kimmyb45
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Hello. My name is Kimberlee. Im 20 years old and I have had lupus for 6 years now. Its been a very hard struggle for me the past years but i have managed to cope with it. My mother and grandmother also have lupus but my mother passed away from it back in 1988.

Saysusie
07-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi Kimmy45 :D

Welcome to our family. You developed your lupus at a very young age. This, actually, is quite common. Many of us were not diagnosed until years later. However, when we look back over our lives, we found that we suffered with symptoms of Lupus for many, many years before we were diagnosed.
I am so sorry to hear about your mother, I know that must be difficult for you. I lost my daughter to Lupus in 1999.
I'm glad to hear that you are managing your Lupus. Are you taking any medications to help you do this? Is your lupus currently active?
There are a lot of people here who are extremely helpful and more than willing to provide you with answers, support, understanding and to make sure that you know that you are not alone.

Again....Welcome
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

kimmyb45
07-30-2008, 10:38 AM
hiiiii saysusie!!!

Thank you for welcoming me. Its nice to know that there are other people out there who r just like me. Im am also sorry to hear about ypur daughter. I can just imagine how that might have been. Yes I am on medication for it now ummm there r so many i just cant even remember all the names. Umm ..... prednisone, 2 forms of diuretics, norvasc,atenolol (both for blood pressure), calcium, baby asprin, and 2 other meds that i cant even pronounce lol..... as of right now my lupus is active but the meds are keeping it under control thankfully..... but aonce again thanks for you welcome and support.

Kimmyb!!!!