PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fourth of July.....bang, snap..baaaboom

Oluwa
07-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Pop, crackle...

Happy Fourth of July…..a day to celebrate our country’s independence but we can also make it a day to celebrate our independence from our old selves. Not being dependent on what was. …Accept our changes and love that we have, who we are becoming. Different in body, different in mind and different in spirit.

Sometimes we lived with one or two of mind, body and/or spirit in balance. Maybe we need to live with all of them, shuffle them about, change their importance in our lives and be more conscientious of what we fill them up with so IT isn't the focal point.

I'm living my life, with spirit , mind and body so IT lives around my life and not the other way around..

It occurred with me when I gained independence from who I was before in body.

Happy Fourth Everyone…Be safe…

Love,
Oluwa

KathyW1958
07-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Hi Oluwa,
I hope that you have a very good 4th of July. May we say a prayer for all of the folks and their families that are serving in the armed forces. God Bless everyone of them.

Kathy

hatlady
07-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Happy Independence Day to all of us "in the States." I know we're an international community on this board, and I suspect some of the bits of history are international as well.

This day celebrates the day in 1776 that the Founders of our country signed the Declaration of Independence - stating that "We the People of these United States" deserved the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" without interference from good King George in Britain.

We didn't have a Constitution until 1787, but we mark our beginning with the Declaration. It is when our forefathers took a stand.

It has been an interesting history since then. Plenty of good, plenty of not so good. We're an independent people by nature, irascible, united, divided, opinionated, and proud of our heritage as immigrants (mostly).

May our country come together in the coming years to face the next challenges - and may we see peace.

Saysusie
07-04-2008, 08:35 AM
...........Immigrants and slaves. And, only in America, can the statement, "You can be whatever you want to be if you work hard at it" be proven to be the absolute truth. A woman and an African American ran viable campaigns for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!

What A Country!!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

cheryl_v
07-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Happy 4th everyone :D .

rob
07-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Happy 4th everyone!

sits_inthe_corner
07-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Happy and safe 4th of July :)