PDA

View Full Version : Did too much yesterday...

laurid8967
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey all..
uuugghhh...Im sooo tired today...Just cant get my groove on, you know? Woke up, had tea, more tea - it was a no go on the energy. So, I laid down again and slept on an off until 5PM...yucky feeling. I had an appt yesterday, which took a couple of hours, then went food shopping from there. It wasnt TOO big of an order, but, obviously, that was enough, because I feel like junk today. Wicked brain fog, floaters, double vision, lots of burning and zappies (those electric current thingies like putting your finger in a socket) and Im pretty puffy. A little bummed about it, but, still in process of accepting the disease process, you know? I have to say that it is good to know , FINALLY, why Im tired one day and not the next. I learn from all of you what can trigger a day like this and no more - is it what I ate? Is it this? that? Nope! you have lupus and you overdid it yesterday - thats all, folks!!
IDK, just venting...really aggravating, too, because my Mom is on vacation this week (lives next door), so shes like "Do you want to do this? Do you want to go here?" She still does not respond well to : "I dont feel that good today, Mum." I REALLY wish she did, but, oh well...maybe some day...
Thanks for letting me vent - just annoyed I guess, and tring to take my limitations in stride.
Love and prayers to all...
Lauri

cheryl_v
07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi Lauri. Vent as much as you like, I've been there. With FMS and CTD, you follow a similar guide-line of not over doing it. I feel like you today, exhausted. Mondays are hard already with extra work from weekend. Also went grocery shopping with 3 kids and my sitter that drives me. He means well when he tries to help, but has no experience with kids in town. You'd think I'd learn my lesson by now, but no. I still over do it almost every week. Feeling any better? Hope so :D .

laurid8967
07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
THank you Cheryl,
We dont learn our lessons well, do we? I have FMS too, THAT, at least was agreed upon by about 5 differend docs over the years. Though a couple def thought more was going on too (symptoms that didnt really fit the fibro). This was years ago, and at that time, for me anyway, I think alot of docs were saying "fibro" to anyone who they couldnt figure out. Not that it wasnt true for me - it definately is - but, even if it wasnt, they would have said fibro, you know? Im glad docs are coming around about that disease as well.
As far as my feeling better - uumm, thats a BIG NO!! And heres why (i think - and am looking for any answers/advice anyone may have). I was a bad girl and missed my Plaquenil yesterday AM, yest. PM, this AM and by late tonight (I went to go get it and go to a meeting), I was SICK AS anything....bad pain, chills, tired, dizzy, etc. Now, I was in CVS shopping for a while as I waited for my scripts - maybe the lights? Or does plaquenil wear off that quickly to cause such intense symptoms so fast? I know it was foolish of me to let them run out before I got a refill - THAT wont happen again...But Im really curious if I felt that sick from missing the pills, or something else? Any ideas? I appreciate, in advance, any ideas you all may have..
Thank you and love and friendship to all -
Lauri
Even though Ive been sick for so long, its SO new to me to try and attribute symptoms, etc to things to do with lupus...I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out triggers, because nothing made sense. Now - knowing what this is - it ALL makes sense.. Im just trying to listen and learn from my body so I can avoid things in the future. Thianks again...

cheryl_v
07-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi Lauri, sorry your not feeling better. The meds may have something to do with it. As far as I hear, you should not miss a dose. I'm really forgetful, so use to take steroid shots or the 6 day pack. That way forgeting wouldn't be a problem. Funny they take a while to kick in, but wear off so fast and bring back pain. My pain is back, I stopped taking anything for the dental work. Now I've pulled a muscle in my back and having a hard time dealing with that.

Hope you feel better soon. Take your meds on time and be careful when you go out.