PDA

View Full Version : nose bleeds???

rere7896
06-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I was just wondering if anyone with SLE experience nose bleeds that come out of nowhere and last 4-5 days. I'm on lots of meds, including cytoxan, but this is something that has just started happening this last year. I've been fighting this LOVELY disease for 6 years or so and would just like to ask anyone?
Thanks

KathyW1958
06-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi Rere
I am wondering if the doctor has done a CBC to check for decreased platelet count? I don't get continuous nose bleeds but from time to time I do from serious nasal congestion and nasal sores. I have SLE and Sjogrens Syndrome. I am just wondering.

Kathy

rere7896
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah - he does CBC and Lupus panels when I go to see him. I have Sjogrens as well and RA with the beginning of Fibromyalgia.....Thanks for your input.... I appreciate your time...

laurid8967
06-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi Rere-
I get nose bleeds - not TOO often - but more than occasionally. usually when Im in a flare up. I never knew they could be related, but I believe they are. Im sure someone with greater knowledge than me will be along soon to give you some more info.
Welcom to the site - its truly wonderful here..
Lauri

rob
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
During flares, like right now, I get never-ending nosebleeds. With all the different symptoms I've been dealing with lately, nosebleeds have been lower on my priority list when I see my rheumo, so I don't have an answer as to nosebleeds being related to SLE. But, I rarely get them when I'm not in a flare, so I would imagine these a link somewhere. Anyone else here have this problem?

Jennyfoo
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
I have chronic sinus problems and have nose bleeds all the time- rarely a major bleed, but minor ones simply from rubbing my nose when it itches are common. I have no idea if it's related to the bigger picture.

cheryl_v
06-30-2008, 08:07 PM
I have FMS and CTD, and get mild nose bleeds often. Funny, when I think back on it, I've been having them as long as I've had joint problems. Also, sorry if to personal, I always get them a day before my period and not sure why. So much can be due to lupus, so wouldn't doubt if connected. I too forget to mention to doc by the time I see him.

Saysusie
07-01-2008, 02:34 AM
I have Lupus and FMS and get nosebleeds too often! I, too, have chronic sinus problems and was told that my nose bleeds were due to those problems more than to my Lupus and FMS. Who Knows???

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

laurid8967
07-01-2008, 08:37 AM
LOLOL - OMG - Saysusie, if YOU dont know, than NO ONE knows!! I read your post and almost fell over because you are SOOOO knowledgable about SOOOO many symptoms that it really caught me off guard to read you say "Who knows?"....lolol
I, for one, thank God everyday, that you know what you do....Your info has kept many of my symptoms at bay...Thank you Saysusie!!
Love Lauri

Saysusie
07-01-2008, 12:05 PM
:lol:
Thank you Lauri..that gave me a good laugh this morning!! Just stick around, you'll be surprised at what "I DON'T KNOW" :rofl:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rere7896
07-02-2008, 09:15 AM
I have always had sinus problems but these nosebleeds have just been within this last year.... I haven't really changed anything treatment wise with the exception of getting OFF of my plaquenil (toxicity). I've been on all of the other drugs for a while and nothing else changed. They just keep getting more and more frequent..... Thanks for your help