PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Ghina
06-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi there,
my name is ghina, I recently realised that I have to admit having lupus and need to talk to people about it. I was told I have the mild lupus, but it could develop anytime. I have one 2 year old baby girl and want to try to conceive again. My doctor put me on plaquenil, but I am not complying with the treatment as I am still in denial. I had two abortions after my daughter, the latest was in March. One thing I noticed since I got the disease is that how one feels affects the disease a lot. I hope someone does research about that topic. Hope all is feeling well!

Saysusie
06-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi Ghina;
Welcome to our family here. I hate to hear that you are not taking your medication, especially when you know that your mild Lupus could possibly escalate. Also, especially given the fact that you'd like to have another child.
The best way to keep your mild lupus from escalating is to take your medication, follow your doctor's advice, and make the appropriate lifestyle changes.
If your Lupus escalates, you will probably not be able to conceive and, if you do conceive, you may find that you cannot carry to term. This could be due to the disease as well as to some of the medications you may have to take because the disease escalated.
In short, you are doing yourself a grave disservice by not taking your medications. If you read many of the posts in these forums, you will find that many of us have done tons of research. Perhaps educating yourself about this disease (rather than denying it) will help you to take steps to ensure that it does not escalate and to ensure that you can have another child.
Please do not continue as you are.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

KathyW1958
06-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi Ghina,

Welcome to this site. There are a lot of us with Lupus in here. I hope and I pray ernestly that you take your medicatioin and follow your doctors instructions. It is dire that you do this. You see through not fault of mine, the Lupus done escalated to the point where it nearly killed me. I am telling you that you definitely need to take your medication and get out of the denial. Pleas do take your medication. Like Saysusie said that you could end up not being able to have anymore children. I can also attest to this as well. I have two children and that was all I could have and it had a lot to do with the Lupus, unfortunately. I wish you luck and God Bless you.

Kathy

sits_inthe_corner
06-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Welcome Ghina

As the others have said ... please take your medication. With your doctor's guidance there's no reason why you can not have more children. Make your doctor aware that you wish to have more children and follow their direction.

You can be feeling so much better and more in control of your health than you are right now. But you must co operate.

scarednewmom
06-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Hello there miss.... You are extremely lucky to be diagnosed with mild lupus... I would give anything to be in your place right now... I am really new to lupus and really new to the site so right now all I have to offfer is my warm welcome and comfort to you.... I completely understand how scary finding out you have lupus can be so I am sorry you are feeling the way you are. Also I do know how serious lupus can get if not managed correctly. I hope you find the courage to start taking your medication and grabbing the wheel and overpower this lupus.....before it gets to the point where it is over powering you.

Ghina
06-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Thank you ladies for ur replies, reading those words make me more determined to go on. I looked for ur group online and joined it bcz I wanted this motivation and support. I donno if it makes sense, but I used to work as a laboratory technologist and used to do the ana, lupus anticoagulant and all the serological tests, and getting such a chronic disease seemed to be smth far. I feel sometimes I am dreaming and soon will wake up to be the totally healthy ghina! But then I do some self talking and know that I am in much better shape than a lot of people in the world, and just being able to have a baby is a big blessing. Will stay in contact and "assalamu alaykum wa rahmatu allah" meaning in arabic God's peace and blessings!

laurid8967
06-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Ghina -
Wecome, fellow lupie..
Im so glad you found us. There is no other site like this around...WONDERFUL people who are so non-jusgemental, accepting, informative and encouraging.
I have made this a daily part of my routine - I get such relief from everyone's posts and insights.
As many have already said, taking your medicine is essential. This disease CAN get very serious if you dont take care of yourself. Once on your medications, you have a much greater chance of staying healthy and feeling better. You do not want to find out what this disease can do if untreated - ask the many here who have been seriously ill.
Thanks for the lesson in Arabic - Ill have to write that down so I can memorize it!!
Again, welcome
Lauri