PDA

View Full Version : Computer issues

sits_inthe_corner
06-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi all

I'm having computer issues and have to take it in for servicing. heehee

Any way...that will probably take two to three days. So you all stay out of trouble till I get back on line :lol:

Pretti in Pink
06-25-2008, 03:08 PM
SITC,

Can't they give you a loaner, what will we do without you????? You remember what happened the last time Saysusie left, these kids really get to partying. We'll miss you!

cheryl_v
06-25-2008, 07:20 PM
We'll "TRY" to behave :lol: . Is that possible? :D Come back soon, we don't bite (hard :lol: ).

Saysusie
06-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh My...I have to behave??? I need guidance on that one!!

See You When You Return :P

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
06-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey, SITC - we'll miss you! Don't stay away too long.....

Jody

Oluwa
06-30-2008, 05:16 AM
Picking up the PC today...having withdrawals?

I am missing you..Thinking of you SITC...hugs.

Love,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
06-30-2008, 09:39 AM
:lol:

Actually I am picking it up today. I'm at work right now, but I got a call saying precious was ready :D

So I should be all geared up by tonight.

I've missed you all and obvious have ALOT of catching up to do.

Pretti in Pink
06-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Welcome Back

Saysusie
07-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Great to have you back! Hope precious is working with lightning speed and pop-ups are annihilated and viruses are sent back to the sender!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
07-04-2008, 05:51 PM
precious is working well...how ever, I am not.

It's been brutal at work. I'm tired and sore with very little left over by the end of the day.

I get my eye's tested on Monday. Seems the tests they did on me a few weeks ago where not the ones my rhuemy wanted so I've taken Monday off to get the proper ones done.

She wants field of vision tested and she wants a dilasion (spelling) test done.

I'm swollen and sick to my stomack, my head is pounding my eye has had a twitch in for over a week. It's very wearing and hard to see. That's why I haven't been in much. The computer screen seems to make it worse. I could go on but I think you get the picture.

Fella's cover your eyes for this next part (just kidding but read at your own risk)

I saw my family doctor on Wednesday. She's the one that i like :)

I told her that I have been having wild mood swings. Crying like a baby one minute then down right giddy the next. She said hmmm Menopause.

I said ya big surprise..this has been going on for years, but I've really just had all I can take of it. She doesn't like the drugs or the hormon therapies she's asked me to tough it out.

Sigh....I just don't feel very tough right now. I'm tired of toughing it out...I'm just plain tired.

Today at work I was given a promotion of sorts. I'm now Accounting Admin Assistant. So I'll be getting (say it with me) more duties...and...no mention of a raise.

I figure I'll take on the duties and once I'm comfortable with them I'll ask for more money. If they say no then I'll take my new skills and go work someplace else.

I need sleep right now...

Hugss all stay safe and enjoy your July 4rth :)

Saysusie
07-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Sits;
I am so sorry to hear that you are having these problems. I can't understand how those doctors could have given you the wrong eye test!!! Makes you wanna scream doesn't it? Do you have to pay for that test? I hope not.

I was on HRT for years until they discovered that they do more harm than good. I was immediately taken off of them. Now, they won't even start you on them (as you've witnessed). I know what you mean by being tired of the mood swings - BTDT :lol: I'm not sure what can be done while your hormones are all out of kilter right now. But, it will eventually sort itself out, but it seems as though they could offer you some help or suggestions as to how to help them re-balance, in the meantime! I know that there are a lot of OTC medications that claim to help with this particular issue of Menopause, but I cannot vouch for any of their effectiveness.

I hope that you can start to feel better soon. In the meantime, we are here for you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks Saysusie

I've heard alot of negative things about HRT, so I'm not disappointed at about her lack of interest in it. Truely I do believe she has my best interest at heart.

I think I just feel worn down, drug through the mud, beaten up. The moods swings are the hardest of it all. I feel like nut job sitting there in traffic bawling my eyes out then laughing my face off cause I'm bawling my eyes out.

I'll be alright, this too shall pass. In the mean time I'll keep buying all the crap that oil of oley puts out. If I use all this stuff, by next week I should look 3 yrs old :lol:

Oluwa
07-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Hey SITC...

Head hug...

Hormones, lack of sleep...no wonder the bouts of tears then laughter. To have both emotions in one minute can make a girl go crazy. Least you are laughing about it.

When I was doing INVITRO, injecting mass hormones I was a babbling, laughing mess....

They do have natural homeopathic remedies out there for moods...herbs, chastel berry, Siberian Ginseng.....supplements, B complex, flax oil....reduce caffeine, stop smoking, limit aclochol intake. All the fun stuff.

Try black cohosh, primrose, licorice root. I've read when I was researching about my thick lining and fibroids..

Or for the body try deep stretches, massage once or twice a month...to release the stress and increase endorphins...increase energy...

Love..hugs,
Oluwa

mnjodette
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
SITC, that just stinks! The wrong eye tests? Amazing - and dumb. You certainly don't need an extra trip to a doctor...any kind of doctor.

Menopause is like some kind of very bad joke. Let's see....first we survive years of monthly pain, mess and crazies (my apologies, gentlemen)...then we get to 'celebrate' the end of those monthly wonders with hot flashes, SUPER crazies, and the always flattering facial hair. :roll: :roll: :roll: Oluwa is right - there are a lot of OTC remedies - natural things - you can do to combat some of the symptoms of menopause. I'm not sure how well they all work, but you might be able to do some research on the Internet (or ask around) to find something that works for someone you know.

Hugs, SITC...hope you're feeling better.

Jody

sits_inthe_corner
07-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry I've been on the missing list.

I got a promotion at work, lots of new duties, and no vacation time. I'm trying to squeaze three days out of next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

The eye exam went well. He said my eyes look healthy and no worries. I have to go back every six months but we all know about that already.

I wasn't the best patient he's ever had. I had a devil of a time keeping my eyes open for him to look. I could tell he was getting frustrated with me. Anyway he finally got a good look.

Now I just have the ultra sound and the Yesmamwe'regonnasquishyerboobies test :lol: then no more doctors till November.

My blood work has been reduce to once ever three months yah!

Moods swings? Yes I have bunches of those....they are free to a good home. Any takers?

I'm going to snoop around. I've missed lots in the past few days.

Hugsss all and thanks for the support, it's much appreciated. I'd say you have no idea how much, but you do know..all too well.

:) hugs

Oluwa
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi SITC...

Wondering where and how you are?

So, what's new and improved...thinking of you...

Be well..hugs,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
07-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Hugssss Oluwa

Just coming up for air....been swimming with the puffer fish. Lord you shoud see my feet :shock:

I took three days off last week and puffed up like a parade balloon. Sad when being at work is the best thing for me. The whole time with my legs elevated or soaking in cold water.

Went back to work yesterday and the swelling started to go down. Today was even alittle better.

My boss said that I should take anymore vacation as it was bad for my health. Ha Ha aint she a funny a lady :P

My arms are a mess as well. Hot itchy and bumpy. ... No I've not been out in the sun.

Any way...this is just a quick pop in. I've felt so bad about not checking in. But I've been too tired and too uncomfortable; well you know what it's like.

Hugsss ya all, I've been keeping you in my thoughts. I'll check in later.

Oluwa
07-29-2008, 02:54 PM
There you are puff ball...Hugs..

Lauri here is having the same problems..and Bunker was too..they too were wondering what is the cause. You think just the inflammation from is IT inside you guys' bodys is creating that much fluid...or an ailing kidney, or congestive heart failure..gosh, I would hope not the latters..?

I swell, but not so that I look like dough rising. I did loose my ankles once, but my doctor thought not too much of it as I deflated before seeing him. He pressed on my shin to see how much fluid was retained..no much..nothing given...

I do always have a bit of swelling throughout my body, tight fingers..sometimes like sausages, but as a whole just puffed to make my rings tight. I attribute mine to the inflammation within from IT...

Maybe it is the even tiniest amount of sodium intake. Have you thought to go sodium free? They have salt in all foods that are not fresh...even chocolate..

So, that maybe the cause...eating differently while at home than at work?

It probably alleviates at work, because you are moving and it is causing it to circulate more?

Have you been urinating lesser than the ratio of fluid?

For the itch and bumps, try Neosporin, Benadryl or a hydrocortisone. I just rid myself of an upper trunk and neck rash with a prescribed low dose steroid cream. Locoid Lipocream 0.1%. Doesn't turn the skin darker as did my other cream which was 0.5%

Wishing you wellness, hang in there..and we will always be here..

Missing you, missing you quick wit humor...hugs.

Love,
Oluwa

Pretti in Pink
07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
sitc,

glad to see you back but sad to hear about all the swollen limps. Oluwa may be right in you trying a sodium free diet. The party is not the same without you so I hope things begin to look up for you for longer than a short breath.

sits_inthe_corner
07-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I haven't got a clue why this happens.

Sometimes it's mostly weather related....humid weather or just before a big storm my legs and other body parts will puff right up.

Other times I think it's the medication. Arthrotec is in the NSAD family of drugs and that can (and does for me) cause swelling of the lower legs. But the trade off is that it cuts my pain in half.

I find that if I put diabetc compression socks on before I get up out of bed and wear them for about an hour ... I can take them off and spend most of the day swelling free.

Usually by 6 or 7 pm I'm puffing up again.

By the way I'm feeling much better now :lol:

Hugss all

mnjodette
07-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey, SITC...glad you're back! Sorry to hear about the puffer-fish problem. I've never had signficant swelling in my legs, but my hands (like Oluwa said) are sometimes like sausages - can hardly get my rings off.

I think you may be right - I get that more often when it's humid. I think you've mentioned that you keep a diary, right? You should keep track of when you swell up - what you've eaten; weather; activity. Might find a 'trigger.'

Glad you're better, SITC.

Jody