PDA

View Full Version : TO TIRED TO TALK

morning star
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Does anyone ever feel like this? I sit at my church class or at work and I'm not sure if it's the med's or the lupus but I want to talk and I don't want people to think I'm being rude but the words won't come out lke I don't have the energy and sometimes I'm at work and all I can think about it my bed, like Oh I wish I was at home sleeping in my bed :lol: , it's like I'm dreaming of sleep, gee I really must be tired... :lol: haha, I try to get enough sleep... I also take a sunday afternoon nap but still not enough, sometimes I resort to taking a pain pill just for the energy, yes they actually give me energy.... well gotta go....

cheryl_v
06-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi morning star. That was me last week. Never been so tired, the first time I was ever just to tired to talk. I don't take any prescribed meds right now, so it has to be my FMS. The way you titled it caught my attention, its exactly how I felt. Hope your feeling better. Glad to know I'm not the only one day-dreaming about sleeping :lol: . I feel as if I never get any rest.

Jennyfoo
06-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Nope, never had that problem. I don't like talking, hate chit-chat, and am antisocial to the core. :D I wear dark glasses and be sure to walk to the school just as the kids get out so I don't get stuck doing chit-chat with other moms. It's just terrible isn't it?

But I have been that way with my family. The other day I was just so tired all Iw anted to do was sleep. I didn't even realize that hubby had asked me a question, that kids were talking to me, etc until they got my attention.

hatlady
06-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh man I hear ya. There are days I feel like I have a weight on my shoulders and on my vocal cords. Can't move more than a snail's pace, and a painful snail at that. Everything comes out half speed, like a 45 rpm record played at 33 rpm. ( :lol: THAT's one the young'uns' won't get, but we old fogies will relate to!)

On those days I do what I can to just (literally or figuratively) sit in a corner and be quiet. Sometimes I can't do that, and if I do have to speak, or be more active than I'd like, but usually I try to adjust so that I can take a back seat to whatever's going on.

KathyW1958
06-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Hatlady,

I have to laugh about what you said about the 45 rpm records. I can sure relate to them as I am an oldster too, lol. That just tickles me the way you say that.

Kathy

mamashell
06-28-2008, 08:20 PM
yes, i used to talk on the phone for hours. I am a HUGE talker. THe last month I feel exactly the same way. It is so nice to read that people feel like I do. My husband is always telling me I am grumpy. He just doesnt really understand how horrible I feel.

Oluwa
10-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Morning Star..still pooped...wondering how you are. How goes life?

Sometimes I am so tired, I dread talking, fearing they might ask a question and I will have to dig through my thoughts my memory for an answer that I can't find. I usually say forget it then when I am that exhausted...

Today I am in the zone...Like a black TV screen with the white dot in the center ___________o______________.

Hoping you are having a great day..hugs.

Be well..
Love,
Oluwa

rob
10-01-2008, 01:20 PM
I have trouble with my words, and my spelling too. I struggle with simple words I've known since the 1st grade. Lupus is hard to understand, but even harder to understand are the cognitive problems caused by it. I hope you are doing OK Morning Star. Say Hi if you get the chance.

Rob