PDA

View Full Version : Going to Jamaica

Rastagirl
06-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Hello to All

I want to share some good news.......One of my dreams is coming true!!!! :D

Since my Lupus diagnosis (at age 18) 26 years ago, I have been forced to give up so many of my dreams. Not by choice, it's just that I have been so very sick for so long that one by one they disappeared, while I struggled to stay alive. I'm sure I am not the only one who has had to adjust my dreams.

Now that I've been in remission for 12 years and have been working hard to do all the right things for my body and mind, I am finally realizing a dream that I have had since I was a teenager.

I am going to JAMAICA!!!!! :multi: :D 8)

My husband surprised me with a trip to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

I am sooooo excited I can barely contain myself!! We leave day after tomorrow, June 25th. We are staying at an all-inclusive resort in Negril, where they have 7 miles of white sand beach. (Don't worry, I have my sunscreen and hat already packed.)

We are going to sleep in every day, eat lots of good food, laze by the pool, sit with our toes in the sand, take afternoon naps, eat more good food, watch the sun set, and dance the night away to live Reggae. I am a huge Bob Marley fan and I cannot wait for the dancing part. I had both of hips replaced 8 years ago, and they now work really well for dancing. :lol:

I just had to share my good news with people that can understand how much this means to me. To my heart and soul. To me, this is a slap in the face of Lupus. I am letting Lupus know that IT cannot have every one of my dreams, that I will beat IT in one small way after another.

I wanted to let you all know that I will dance on the beach, under the sun, for each of us that has had to struggle with Lupus. I am going to celebrate, with much joy, the fact that I am alive, that Lupus did not take me, and that I can get out of bed in the morning, stand up and dance and sing to my heart's content. (And then I'll go find a palm tree with shade) :D

I know so many of you are in pain and suffering and having a really rough time, and I felt a bit guilty about posting this here. But I realized that many of you share the good things that happen to you too. So I feel like now it's my turn. I, too, have had incredible suffering, and so I can truly appreciate this fully.

Thank you for this place that allows us to share with each other and be supported. It has made a wonderful difference for me each day.

I will be gone through the 4th of July holiday, but will be back to posting soon after.

I pray that your troubles will be few, and your joys numerous!! :D

Take care of yourselves.

Fondly,

Lori (Rastagirl)

p.s. Does Rastagirl make sense now? :lol:

KathyW1958
06-24-2008, 02:32 AM
Hi Lori,
I hope that you have a very wonderful trip. I am very happy for you. Let us all know how it goes when you get back. God Bless.

Kathy

livingINmyDayDreams
06-24-2008, 06:09 AM
That is so exciting!!!!! Have fun!!!! :D

Saysusie
06-24-2008, 07:11 AM
LORI :lol:

Your vacation sounds wonderful; sleeping in, laying around the pool; walking on the beach......I wanna go :D
You deserve this vacation, especially after having so many other dreams deffered. I'm glad that you are taking your sunscreen and your hat! Yes, dance on the beach for all of us, have a wonderful time with your husband and come back to tell us all about your trip!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

busymom3
06-24-2008, 08:32 AM
How exciting!

Have a wonderful time. I am so happy for you that one of your dreams is coming true!

laurid8967
06-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Oh..Rasta...Good for you! Ive been to Jamaica and everything there is sooooo sloooowwww. Its wonderful!! Also, there was always Reagae (sp) music playing and I could never figure out from where??
I LOVED it there...enjoy.....
Love Lauri

Pretti in Pink
06-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Party on Rastagirl, Party on!!!! (Just not too much) Sounds like you deserve that trip and a couple others, but one at a time is good.

Razzleberry
06-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! You kick that old Lupus butt and do what you dream of ....hooray for you!

Rastagirl
06-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Thank you, Thank you, everyone!!!!!!!!!

Your well wishes warm my heart. :D

The excitement is bubbling over. I've been rushing around with the last minute packing stuff and I cannot wipe the smile off my face. :D It's been there all day.

When you've been through the toughest of times, it makes the good times so much more special.

I am thanking God with all my heart!!!

Take care each of you

and NO WORRIES, MON!! 8)

Lori

Missy
06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Have an absolutely fabulous time! you deserve it!

Oluwa
07-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Do tell, how was Jamaica...back, eh?

Love,
Oluwa

luvwine2007
07-10-2008, 01:51 PM
What a wonderful surprise!! I hope you enjoyed your trip!

mnjodette
07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Wish I'd been paying more attention to posts - just a little late to wish you Bon Voyage! But, I hope you had a WONDERFUL trip, Rastagirl. My hubby and I went to Negril some years ago and stayed in a hotel up near the cliffs. It was heavenly....we had such a great time. The sunsets were just unreal. We've been to Jamaica twice - the Negril trip the first time, and then for a couple of days while on a cruise. It's a beautiful place. There is simply nothing like the color of the Caribbean sea! Let us hear all about it when you get back!

Jody