PDA

View Full Version : Calcium with other meds.

sits_inthe_corner
06-20-2008, 01:32 PM
:shock:

I went to pick up some more calcium pills and read that Calcium should NOT be taken with other meds.

Yikes. I've been taking it with both my arthrotec and my plaquenil for about 3 months now!

I'm thinking maybe that's why I've been feeling like cr*p. Any way I've started taking it mid morning and mid afternoon with a small snack as it's supposed to be taken with food.

Just thought I'd give yas a heads up incase you are making the same mistake I was. heehee

Saysusie
06-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the "heads-up". Fortunately, I read my medications and there are no contraindications for my meds. whew! :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Razzleberry
06-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Calcium should not be taken with what other meds? I'm confused. My doc says take it to counteract what the prednisone is doing to my bones.

sits_inthe_corner
06-30-2008, 09:34 AM
I take it twice daily, but I have to make sure I take it two hours away from any of my mediations. I take my meds at 5: 30 am so I take my first calcium pill at 9 am with a bit of food.

Then I take the second calcium at 4 pm with a bit of food, I don't take my evening pills till about 7 pm.

I think the other meds interfer with my ability to obsorb the calcium.