PDA

View Full Version : Oregon

Ercooley
06-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Is there in support groups or good rhuematoligists in the state that are reccommended. I'm having a hard time finding good docs.

scubagramplit
01-26-2009, 08:10 AM
I hope you get this. I am a little late on a reply. what part of oregon are you in? I live in Klamath Falls. send me an E-mail

RedHairAngel
03-18-2009, 12:04 PM
I live near bend oregon

Rastagirl
03-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm near Portland....

It's so good to see...hear from...others in our beautiful state.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any support groups nearby....I went to one in Portland a very long time ago when I was first diagnosed, but it was quite depressing. I think I might have seen one advertised in Seaside or Astoria at a local hospital.

Recently, when I was looking for info on support groups I saw they were advertising for someone to start a chapter in downtown Portland. I've thought about volunteering, but believe it would be pretty difficult for me to tackle alone, since I'm a pretty busy wife and Mom of 2. That takes all my focus and energy....the little I have left I save for me and my health. I know it should be the other way around...my health first...but many of our children's needs must be met on the spot.

Unfortunately, I'm not current on good rheumy's in our state....I've had my same doc for all of my 27 years with Lupus....and he's near retirement and not taking new patients. Perhaps a call to the local Physician's Association, or a check of their website, might provide some answers.

Lori

p.s. Hi Redhairangel...I love Bend...haven't been over your way in such a long time. I grew up hunting and camping with my family around the Bend and Sisters area because our family hobby was archery. And Scubagramplit...I have also been to K. Falls many times in the past for camping and Archery tournaments.

TERI A.
03-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow!!!! We are a group that is spread out far and wide. Anyone else in Oklahoma City.

cure4lupus
03-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Oregon - http://www.lupuspnw.org/testzone/services/sg.htm

Baker County
4th Saturday 1:00 - 3:30 PM
Baker County Library
2400 Resort St., Baker City
Nightwind

Eugene Call Chapter Office Patti
Lebanon
2nd Tuesday
7:00pm
Lebanon Four Square Church
470 West C Street, Lebanon
Judi

Lincoln City 1st Monday 11:00 - 1:00pm Driftwood Library - Fisher Room
801 SW Highway 101
Lincoln City, OR 97367 Jill
Newberg 3rd Thursday Church of Christ - 2503 Haworth Ave. Newberg, OR 97132 Toni
Portland (Downtown)
Looking for a New Facilitator
Interested - Call 1-877-774-2992

Roseburg 4th Wed.
5:00 pm
Mercy Community Education Center - Conference Room C
2260 Stewart Parkway Peggy
Sheridan 2nd Thursday 7:00pm Grand Sheramina Community Service
120 S. Bridge St., Sheridan OR 97378 Marcy
Vancouver, WA
3rd Wed. Every Month
Southwest Washington Medical Center
Education Room #7
600 NE 92nd Ave., Vancouver, WA 98664
Carole

scubagramplit
05-20-2009, 08:55 PM
what part of oregon are you in? I live in klamath falls and I drive over the hill to talent to see dr. Rudy Greene, I am very happy with him, he certainly seems to know this horrible diseese, if you are close to the area let me know and I will get you the contact info. good luck.

Mellie
07-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey there,

I go to NW Rheumatology. I see Dr. Gary Sultany whom I have had for 11 years. Dr. Mollie Thompson, I have heard is great and really thorough - and she is in the same office.

Their office is at Providence St Vincent- Barnes RD in Portland

Melissa