Batch007
06-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy First Day of Summer! :olympic:

I hope you all have a happy and healthy one. :smilecolros:

Cheers, Batch007

KathyW1958
06-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Thank you Batch,
I hope that you have a very good summer too and stay healthy.

Kathy

Oluwa
06-20-2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sport036.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Happy Summer too..

Thank you.
Hugs,
Oluwa

laurid8967
06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Oluwa -
LOVE the Avatar!! I love the first day of summer because that is the day my husband asked me to marry him (12 years ago). I was working a double at a restaurant, and he walked in on my break with a big bunch of flowers. I said"What are these for?" He said, "For the 1st day of summer - you love summer!....and...we are leaving right now for the Cape (Cape Cod, MA). I laughed and looked at my boss. He said "Have a good time!!" (hubby had planned ahead). I said "What about clothes?" "I have everything in the car - lets go" We got to the hotel, and he said "You need to shower and be ready by 5PM. We have somewhere to be." When I came out of the shower, he had a bunch of beautiful outfits hung up for me to choose from. We got dressed up and at 5PM, we boarded the Cape Cod Railroad (REALLY exclusive - need reservations months in advance). When the train reached the Sagamore Bridge as the sun was setting, he pulled out a diamond and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him!!! The whole train full of passengers stood and gave us a round of applause. I yelled "YES!!"
Oh gosh.....sorry, but I LOVE that story!! We were married a year and a week later. I didnt want to get married on the same day as my engagement because it was so special on its own!!
Happy First Day of Summer Everyone.....
Love Lauri
PS - He still loves surprising me with things like that - I am blessed beyond words with a hubby like him.....

Batch007
06-20-2008, 09:57 AM
What a great story :D Thanks for sharing!

Saysusie
06-20-2008, 10:35 AM
what a beautiful way to always welcome the first day of summer. Your husband sounds like a romantic, they are few, far and in between. You are, indeed, blessed.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

laurid8967
06-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Yes....a true romantic....And a wonderful Daddy as well. We have gone through a lifetime of ups and downs already (as Im sure many of you have as well)... Whether it be my illness, my subsequent problems with medication, not being able to work, serious financial issues....But he has never faulted in his love and commitment to this family.
I do thank God every single day for putting him in my life....and keeping him there, despite his temptation, Im sure, to run like the wind!! lol...

Lauri

Oluwa
06-20-2008, 12:43 PM
A hard, loving, emotionally supportive man is a good find...Happy you found yours, Lauri. And I am sure he is happy he found his good find in you...

Happy Engagement Anniversary...Happy Summer..

Hugs,
Oluwa
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sport038.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

rob
06-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I just had to laugh when I read the title of this post, as it's 50 degrees, and raining here! Actually, I love the cool weather, and the rain always puts a fresh smell in the air. It will be muggy and hot soon enough. Happy Summer!

Rastagirl
06-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I have to add my THANKS as well, Batch. Happy Summer back to you!! :D

Summer weather has finally arrived for us in Oregon.....it's 85 degrees here today and beautiful. We've had cold and rain and grey for such a long time now that this is a great way to welcome summer.

Lauri....I love your incredibly romantic story. Thanks for sharing your special memory. True LOVE is a blessing for sure!

Here's to a Happy, Healthy, and Safe Summer to everyone! 8)

Fondly,

Lori

laurid8967
06-20-2008, 09:08 PM
No need to thank me, I love to tell that story. Rob, I believe you are living in Maine, correct? The weather has been "chilly" for this time of year, yes? Usually goes directly to hot and humid from cold and wet.
I think this "spring" has been kind of nice though.
I livve in Quincy, MA, Im not sure if youve ever been down here before. Where in Maine are you? (if you dont mind me asking - but I promise I am not a stalker! lol) I LOVE Ogunquit, havent been there in a few years. We vacation up in Moultonborough, NH at different times of the year. Its amazing - everytime I go up North, my symptoms are better. Maybe its the peacefulness of it up there....
Cheers to the happy, healthy summer..I wish it for us all!
Love Lauri

rob
06-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Hi Lauri,

The closest town to me is Searsport. I live out in the boondocks away from town. I'm right next to the point where the Penobscot River meets the ocean. I've been down in your area quite a bit. My niece lives near Quincy. My parents are retired, and live in Bangor. It's been a very cool spring, but I really don't mind. By the time the 4th rolls around, it will be plenty warm, and humid. Are you the Lauri I spoke to whose Grandfather used to work with my Dad at US Customs?

mnjodette
06-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Happy summer to all! Yesterday was lovely in Minnesota; today a bit on the cool, rainy side - but everything is green, green, green!

Lauri, I thought that was one of the sweetest engagement stories I ever read! Thanks for letting us have a peek at your own personal romatic fairytale!

Jody