PDA

View Full Version : feeling better

Batch007
06-19-2008, 09:41 AM
I was off yesterday and out of communication with all, my little one was still sick :( Turns out a bought with pneumonia. A little antibiotics and she is on the mend. My older one also got the bad but "short" flu the I and DH got on the weekend, so I took the day to make sure everyone else was feeling better - and low and behold, I feel great today :D Amazing how one day off helps!

Funny story to share with you all....So it is 9:15AM yesterday and knock knock on my door...since I am never home at that time during the week I thought it odd. I am in makeup and hair done but still in my SHORT robe with nada on underneath. Oh well, gotta answer the door. Knife in hand ( I was cutting apples for my little one) I answer the door and a VERY HOT MAN was standing on my doorstep. (Good time to be all made up in next than nothing - married or not I can appreciate the finer things in life!)He was from hydro ( I do like a man working man "in uniform!) and they were cutting my power for a few hours - Bugger, I have two sick kids and now no way to play movies to entertain them - of all the days. He was funny too - noticed my knife and the kids and he says - "You are not going to be happy about this, but I need to cut your power for a few hours." I am like "now? cant you wait a few hours, like until tomorrow?"

Oh well, instead of watching TV, I sat in the window with the kids and we watch the men in the buckets working on the power poles! :lol:

Cheers, Batch007

Oluwa
06-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Sounds like you enjoyed the reality TV... :wink:

Keep well..hugs,
Oluwa

mnjodette
06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
You made lemonade from those lemons....good for you, Batch007!

Jody

Saysusie
06-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Cute story :lol: I'm sure the kids enjoyed spending the time with you much more than watching TV!! Small blessings come in strange packages.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Batch007
06-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes, we did have fun trying to guess when the power would return and just cuddling - always good for the soul :D

Batch007