PDA

View Full Version : Im Going To Experiment with the Sun Today...

laurid8967
06-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Hello all -
Well, I dont think I can stand ONE MORE DAY in this house!! I am going to venture to the "otherside" today. I have my sunscreen and hat all ready to go. It is not too hot here today in Boston - a glorious day, actually, so Im going to give it a shot. I downloaded some great music last night for my Ipod (ahh music helps everything...), so Im looking forward to "pretend dancing" in my yard - lol... (Pretend dancing is where I pretend Im 20 yrs old again, and Im on the floor of some really cool night club in the city - lol)
I plan on using all the advice Ive learned here, and bringing it with me. I love the outdoors....I want to see if covering up keeps me from getting any really bad symptoms.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Wish me luck??
Love and prayers to all -
Lauri

Saysusie
06-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Best Of Luck.....Party On.......Let us know how you feel!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
06-20-2008, 10:40 AM
And how the sun treat you...or did it instigate your symptoms?

Keep well.
Hugs,
OLuwa

laurid8967
06-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Oluwa,
Thank you for asking...Well, I bagged out. lol!! My dear friend called me yesterday in a "romantic crisis", and asked if she could come over. She brought coffee, and she and I sat on my porch off of my bedroom and looked at the ocean and had a wonderful talk. So, it was a really nice afternoon afterall. I had some company, she got some good advice (I think..lol) and I stayed out of the sun.
I feel pretty good today though. I was able to wear my walkmans in the house while I did my laundry and put away winter clothes. So, I still had my "dance party", just in the house. So funny....I had my eyes closed as I was dancing in the kitchen (usually I look at my reflection in the microwave..lol) and when I opened my eyes, my 9 year-old son was laughing his butt off at me and then mimicked me!! Too funny. He's said, "Mom, youre crazy!" Buddy, you have no idea.....
Thanks for asking... I may venture out today....gosh its absolutely BEAUTIFUL here in Boston!! A little overcast (good for me), warm, no humididty, slight breeze coming off of the ocean.....aaahhhh. Ill let you know how it goes.
OH, also...My adorable Goddaughter (3 years old) came over yesterday and, with her hands behind her back, said, "I have a surprise for you, Auntie Lauri!" and she whipped out a really nice BIG wicker hat!! She said, "Now , you and I can play in the yard together!!!" How cute is that??? She had one on her head to match mine!! Precious...her Moms a good friend of mine....life is good....
I hope everyone else is having a good day too. Oluway, it was so nice to read that you have felt good the past few days...I truly am so happy for you. I KNOW that FEELING!! Its like...Is this real???? Im so glad you are appreciating it, enjoying it and sharing it with us.....gives us hope that maybe we're next??..I'll pray it continues for you...

Love to all -
Lauri

Jennyfoo
06-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day! I envy you living near the ocean. My dream is to move to San Francisco some day and live in the city with a view of the bay.

laurid8967
06-20-2008, 09:21 PM
It was a great day Jennyfoo, thankyou.. Yes, I am in a section called Hough's Neck in Quincy, MA - smack dab between Boston and the Atlantic! Hough's Neck is an atually a penninsula with one street in, and the same street out. THis is good because it really reduces the crime rate, as its impossible to get out of there in time if the police have been called! So, we have very little crime. It used to be a vacation area for the city people. Then the innercity families (like my Dad who grew up in South Boston), moved down here permanently. A lot of the homes are refurbished cottages, though dont be fooled - some are selling for over $1million! Not MINE, unfortunately, but many others. Its just like our own little world here with our own fire staion, elementary school, health center, etc. But, thers a bus line that takes you to the trainstation, where you can be in downtown Boston in a half an hour or so.
I have tried to live other places, but I always end up back here. So today, I own my grandparents old house (my Dad grew up here) , which is directly beside my parents home (that I grew up iin)! I dont think Id live anywhere else!
Love to all -
Lauri

Saysusie
06-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Lauri;
Sounds like a perfect place to live. A small community with established homes...right out of a book!
I'm glad that you had a good day, even though you did not get your experimentation done, you did have a fruitful day!
Hope your weekend is wonderful!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
06-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Lauri -
Sounds like a great day with your friend, with the visit from your goddaughter, and a great view on top of it all! It was nice to read your post - a little positive news is SOOO welcome! I love the way you describe your neighborhood. Makes me want to pack up and move!

Hope you're doing well today, Lauri.

Jody

Razzleberry
06-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Your post made me smile ...thank you :-)