PDA

View Full Version : Pain on right side of pelvis

Numpty
06-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Not sure if anyone can advise on this but am looking for someone whoís possibly suffered the same sort of pain in the same place.

I donít have this pain as a constant, it catches me by surprise whenever it seems to feel like it and its severe. Itís on the right hand side of my pelvis and the only way I can describe it is like someone suddenly forcing a knife in between my uhhh down below and where my leg joins my body on the inside. It starts just up from there on the front and shoots upwards into my abdomen. I always stop all movement when it happens and it fades after about ten seconds or so but its enough to make me cry out or gasp with the pain and of course it then makes me cry because it hurts so damn much and Iím scared about it.

I do think Iím in a flair at the moment as Iíve had achy joints and my hair has been falling out. I know this is probably just another part of that whole rollercoaster ride weíre all on but itís still horrible.

Has anyone else suffered anything simliar?

Oluwa
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Humm..Numpty..not sure either what it maybe, or if it is IT related. Right at the "V" below...or up a bit like on the side of the "V" at the joint?

Are you taking any pain relievers at the moment to control the pain till you can have a doctor diagnose the pain?

I was going to say maybe uterine? I get a sharp pain in relation to the area I think you are talking of. I think it is because I have thickening of the endrometrium lining and a few fibroids and cysts amongst the lining.

Which I plan to resolve in July...a big ugh. But I her a D&C is simple. I guess I thought putting me to sleep, the word surgery being used. I just wasn't ready to put my body through that..and well...my ...well, was GYN doesn't give me confidence in her profession...

Pain is our body's way to say hey, there is something going on over here...hey you...

Not all pain is IT pain and All pain should be addressed..make an appointment today with your Primary...

You don't have to cry in pain or tolerate it if it is IT related either...

Pop a pill, but on the day of your appointment go without so you can feel it as they probe...

Hugs...
Love,
Oluwa

mnjodette
06-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Ouch, Numpty, I'm sorry you're going through that! So many things that could be....I hope you can get in to your doctor soon to have that checked. Oluwa makes a good point - pain is a message from your body. Gotta' figure out what it's trying to tell you. I hope you get that answer soon! ~~~~~Hugs~~~~~

Jody

luvwine2007
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I think I've had something similar as well. It comes and goes in frequency. The dr recently told me it might be related to IBS, but at this point WHO KNOWS!! :? I've doubled over when it happens, and it is over quickly when it does happen. My gyn visit is always normal and I always tell them about it. And I always get that "I must be crazy" feeling. Blah!