PDA

View Full Version : Can we post pics of the face rash?

luvpinkpeeps
06-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Just wondering if it is ok to post pics? just to get some opinions?

:)

KathyW1958
06-15-2008, 08:11 AM
I tried to put a picture on here but since I am new to the site, I have to wait 7 days and have 10 ligitimate posts from what the message said. Maybe someone can come along and help with this. Good luck.

Kathy

Numpty
06-15-2008, 08:26 AM
I'd be interested in this too and would be more than willing to compare the horrible pictures from when I first showed the facial rash that I have ~s~

luvpinkpeeps
06-15-2008, 08:57 AM
oh ok, I need a couple more posts then :)

I took some pics this morning after a shower, that is when the rash is most pronounced. I have feel pretty fatigued lately and foggy.

I think it is from that 30 minutes in the sun a couple weeks ago :roll:

Having the breakouts on my left temple under my hairline again also.

that is where my hair is thinning.
:x

KathyW1958
06-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi

I am wondering if you have been tested for Discoid lupus or have you been diagnosed with SLE. I know I am one of the ones that hung in limbo for years and years before they finally diagnosed SLE. What was weird is that I did not get the Malar Rash until right before I was diagnosed. I am also RO pos, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it I would like to see the pictures. Hopefully you will be able to post them. God Bless

Kathy

luvpinkpeeps
06-15-2008, 09:13 AM
no official diagnosis yet :( just many symptoms. I have a negative ANA thus far...but the local lupus chapter here says that is not a for sure answer.

I have fibromyalgia...and have had photosensitivity for years....

The other day I had this weird mottled look on my arms and hands when I was in an air conditioned gym.

I have broken out in hives from air conditioning before also...but that has been a while.

luvpinkpeeps
06-15-2008, 10:04 AM
just tried to post the pic, can't yet

Saysusie
06-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Sorry guys, I know it is hard to wait in order to post pictures. But, it is one of the safeguards that Conrad put up (after a horrible experience with x-rated photos being posted) in order to protect our site. :?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

luvpinkpeeps
06-15-2008, 05:41 PM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/prettypinkpeep/stuff/7fc64822.jpg

this is also on my forehead...

Numpty
06-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Is that rash lumpy luvpinkpeeps? It looks a little like the butterfly rash (no sure what the correct name is for that) although I don't know why it would be on your forehead.

I first got my rash after getting really badly sunburned.. it was the start of all my problems. Mine's appears on both cheeks and my forehead.. looks like I have some form of plague! ~l~

http://soiuser.hyperchat.com/shelbydyer/face.jpg

luvpinkpeeps
06-16-2008, 10:45 AM
It isn't all raised, just some spots.

I have read that the malar rash can appear on the forehead and the chin.

Which is the case in these pics. Always brighter after my shower.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/prettypinkpeep/stuff/d483b00c.jpg

DebbieE
06-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Was the molted look on your hands and arms something like this? http://www.londonlupuscentre.co.uk/images/graphics/ph13.jpg

If so, I have that too. Kinda narrows down what's wrong. It's unusual to be primary. It's almost always secondary to only a handfull of auto-immune disorders with IT being one of them. I took a pic of it and showed it to my doctor and of course he had no clue what it was as it is uncommon to rare. Took me over a month of searching to finally find it.

My molar rash doesn't show well in pics as it tends to be very light. It looks very similar to yours though luv, only it comes up and extends to the corner of my eyes and is also a touch on my forehead and my chin is totally covered with it. Washing my face almost always aggrivates it so maybe I can talk hubby into taking a pic of me after I do that.

Oh and if you want to know all about that nice thing happening with your arms, just send me a message and I'll tell you ALL about it and happens over time with it.

luvpinkpeeps
06-16-2008, 01:59 PM
The mottled rash I had looked similar to that link's pic, but the white areas were much smaller.

here is a pic of my forehead -
it extends up into the hairline sometimes.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/prettypinkpeep/stuff/96cbe1b8-1.jpg

mnjodette
06-17-2008, 03:48 PM
luvpinkpeeps, my rash looks (or looked....I don't get it real often now) very much like yours and also got worse with hot showers or washing my face in hot water. I had traces of this rash years ago, and it was the first thing that caused by PCP to order a test to check my ANA level. That was years before I was diagnosed, though. My rash wasn't reall bumpy either - just in spots. I've also gotten a rash on my chest in kind of a 'v' shape. It looked a bit like I had been out in the sun in a v-neck shirt, even when I hadn't.

Jody

luvpinkpeeps
06-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Thank you for replying! I wanted some opinions form those of you who have or have had the malar rash. :)

It s one of those things that isn't present like this, when I have visited a doc. :roll:

I will take these pics in when I find a rheumy.

Goldee
06-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I think the mottled skin shown in the link provided by DebbieE is called livedo reticularis. I have gotten it too but of course never when I'm at the doctor's office! I can't post a link yet but you can google Livedo Reticularis and check out the Mayo Clinic site.

I don't understand what DebbieE meant by primary / secondary or what IT stands for.

luvpinkpeeps
06-18-2008, 07:21 AM
The mottled skin thing for me, doesn't look purple like the pics I have seen, it is more pink to light red. And that ony happens in the cold a/c or cold weather.

luvpinkpeeps
06-18-2008, 07:24 AM
This is the back of my arm taken after a shower...when I took the face pics.
I hate those little bright red spots- they are everywhere on me now!
and you can kind of see the rash on my arm, like what is on the face.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/prettypinkpeep/stuff/25487669.jpg

Oluwa
06-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Luvinpeeps..

This is probably reaching but maybe try an anti-histamine just before taking a shower, a non-drowsy one or a low dose one like Chlor-Trimeton and see how that does...

I use to use Chlor-Trimeton to stop the itching from Ultracet...it worked.

The heat the moisture maybe triggering histamines to produce a rash...

Not ruling out SLE rashes...but to rule out other possibilities...

Be well.
Hugs,
Oluwa

Goldee
06-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Lupinkpeeps, I get the same "rash" after I take a shower. It is worse on my legs and stomach. It doesn't last long and it doesn't hurt or itch. I wonder if it is normal or if it is Lupus related.

and again... what is "IT"?

luvpinkpeeps
06-18-2008, 07:58 AM
I wonder also if it is sle related,

and I too want to know "IT" is....I have seen posts with that referenced. 8)

Oluwa
06-18-2008, 08:18 AM
I am the guilty one, IT started with , er, ah me. It seems to have caught on..now some of us' word for Lupus....IT has IT's own entity to me. My way of dealing with IT...IT is not who I am, nor does IT define me..IT just follows me from room to room.

Times I can ignore IT, times IT hides in the shadow lurking..but yet IT is always there...waiting for more stress to thrive on...

IT isn't a friend I like, but I accept IT as who IT is. A pain in the aszzz.

Silly...
Oluwa

Oluwa
06-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Hey...you two..

Having IT has a myriad of symptoms, some not directly related to IT, some are..the key is to rule out other possibilities and to treat the symptom...

Yep, we get rashes..I am known to have a scabby hinder..and crud above my navel on my tummy. A little dab of steroid cream will do ya...

Related to IT, I don't know...but the prescription rids it when it happens..

Is it IT? I would say so...we gets hives, lesions, pigment changes, loss of pigment, more pigment...rashes, nose ulcers, vascular rashes, black and blue marks, blisters but then there are other skin diseases and people who do not have IT can get these also...the key is to rule out the other diseases before claiming it as IT's havoc...

Hope I helped instead of confused...
Hugs,
Oluwa

Oluwa
06-18-2008, 08:47 AM
FYI...www.lupus.org...

Lupus of the Skin

10. What are the symptoms of cutaneous lupus?

The symptoms of cutaneous lupus may include a variety of different looking skin rashes, photosensitivity (where exposure to ultra-violet light triggers a rash), and sometimes ulcers on the inside of the nose or mouth.
See: Skin Disease and Lupus

What do the rashes look like?

There are a variety of ways that cutaneous lupus rashes can appear. The distinctive rash is called the "butterfly rash," which is a rash that extends across the cheeks of the face and the bridge of the nose. It can be flat or raised; it can be bright red or it can be just a mild blushing, light pink coloration to the skin. It appears on the face in a pattern that looks like a butterfly; the wings are beneath both eyes and the body of the butterfly covers the bridge of the nose. Here is one example of what a butterfly rash may look like. (Photo source: Dept. of Dermatology, University of Iowa)

Another classic rash found in cutaneous lupus is the discoid rash. This rash is coin-shaped or oval in shape, like a disk and it is seen on areas of the skin that are exposed to sunlight. Discoid lesions (sores) tend to be red and raised and become scaly. When they heal they can leave behind a scar. These rashes can also result in a change in coloring of the skin, making the area around the lesion either lighter or darker in color. These discoid lesions may appear on the scalp; on the face in a butterfly distribution; or, as mentioned earlier, in areas where the skin receives sun exposure, especially, for example, the V of the neck. Discoid lupus erythematosus (LE) lesions are usually painless and typically do not itch. Here is one example of what a discoid rash may look like. (Photo source: Dermatology Information System, Dermis.net)

Chronic cutaneous lupus may also appear in different forms including:

1. verrucous (wart-like) discoid LE
2. lupus tumidus - elevated areas of red skin with no scale or scarring
3. lupus profundus - discoid skin lesions in conjunction with panniculitis
4. palmar-plantar erosive discoid LE - discoid lesions on the hands and feet

Another type of lupus skin rash is classified as the subacute cutaneous lesions. These are lesions characterized by redness. They are also coin-shaped, very photosensitive and they get worse when exposed to ultra-violet light. These are lesions that do not leave behind scars, and can appear over large areas of the body. People who have subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE-a subset of cutaneous lupus) may experience systemic symptoms such as:

* muscle and joint pain,
* fever and
* general discomfort.

Serious kidney or nervous system problems are rare.

These are just a few examples of what cutaneous lupus rashes may look like. Because the appearance of skin rashes in lupus can be quite variable, it can be difficult to diagnose just by looking at the lesion, and therefore other tests may be necessary.

How is cutaneous lupus diagnosed?

Cutaneous lupus, because of the great deal of variability in the way that the skin rashes may appear, can be quite difficult to diagnose. However, a skin biopsy may be performed and this may be diagnostic.

That kind of Doctor specializes in cutaneous lupus?

A dermatologist specializes in diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Cutaneous lupus is one of hundreds of diseases that involve these areas.

How is cutaneous lupus treated?

Treatment of cutaneous lupus may include corticosteroid creams or ointments applied to the rash or lesions. If the lesion does not respond to cream or ointment, the doctor may prescribe injections of corticosteroids directly into the lesion. If a person has particularly widespread lesions, oral corticosteroid medications may be prescribed or the doctor may prescribe anti-malarial medications such as Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine).

In addition to these medications, sunscreens are an important part of the prevention of photosensitivity (where skin exposed to ultra-violet light reacts by developing a rash) reactions that may occur with cutaneous lupus lesions.
See: Skin Disease in Lupus.

11. How is cutaneous lupus different from systemic lupus?

Cutaneous lupus is confined to the skin, whereas systemic lupus may involve not only the skin but any of the other organ systems in the body.

Can cutaneous lupus turn into systemic lupus?

In approximately 10% of the cases of cutaneous lupus, it evolves and develops into systemic lupus. However, this can't be predicted or prevented from happening.
See: Skin Disease in Lupus

12. I have hair loss due to several scars on my scalp. All are about the size of silver dollars. Is there anything to help this kind of hair loss?

If biopsy results indicate advanced scarring on the scalp, then there is little chance of bringing back significant amounts of hair. If, on the other hand, scarring is not prevalent, then treatment with corticosteroid and/or antimalarial drugs may be successful in getting the hair to return. When the disease is inactive, and scarring is not present hair usually grows back.
See: Skin Disease in Lupus

Will the drugs used to treat baldness help the hair loss due to lupus?

Suppressing the disease with medication helps hair to re-grow.

13. Is there anything that can be done to cover the lesions (sores) that show-up on my face?

Yes. There are make-up products available commercially which may be helpful in this situation. Fallene's Total BlockŪ SPF 60 Foundation can be used as a make-up as well as a sun block.

Total Block
Fallene, Ltd.
677 West De Kalb Pike
King of Prussia, PA 19406
1-800-332-5536
http://www.totalblock.com/

Covermark Cosmetics
157 Veterans Drive, Suite D
Northvale, NJ 07647
1-800-524-1120
www.covermarkusa.com/

14. Can lupus cause either hives or a sensation of burning in the skin?

Lupus may cause hives. Itching can also occur but this is not a common finding. The sensation of itching is due to irritation of nerve fibers in the skin. If the irritation is more intense, it may cause a burning sensation.

15. What is photosensitivity and what are photosensitivity reactions?

Photosensitivity is sensitivity to the UV (ultra-violet) rays from the sunlight and other UV light sources. Photosensitivity reactions typically include a rash, but may also trigger fever, fatigue, joint pain and other symptoms of SLE. In some cases, sun exposure has resulted in the onset of kidney disease.

Oluwa
06-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Follow the link for more skin related paragraphs, issues, types and etc...

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_empty.aspx?articleid=103&zoneid=76

:D
O.

Goldee
06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Ahhhhhh!!!! Thank you for the "IT" explanation! I guess you could say IT was driving me crazy! ;)

KathyW1958
06-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Maybe I can try to post a picture of what the rash I suffer from Pompholix looks like on my hands and feet. I will try it and see. http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/KathyW1958/pompholyx2-s1.jpg. I hope that this works this time.

laurid8967
06-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow Kathy -

That rash looks almost like blisters from a burn...Does it hurt? ouch.. I hope its a painless rash. It looks alot like a viral infection I get on my face alot, but in a smaller area. I really hope that doesnt hurt.....
lauri

KathyW1958
06-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Yes I can finally post pictures. This is what the rash looks like on my hands and feet. Oluwa sent me the url for the site and it shows very clearly what the rash is like that I get on my hands and feet. I started getting this type of rash at the age of 14 and have had problems with it all the rest of my life thus far. My Rheumatologist put me on imuran and that helps a lot and slows the severity and amount of flares of this. I also have Lupus (SLE). Here is a picture of what my feet look like at times.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/KathyW1958/pom-foot-s1.jpg

Kathy

KathyW1958
06-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi Laurid,

This rash I get itch and they hurt when the blisters break opened and drain and then they crust up and the skin flakes off. It does not leave a permanent scar thank heavens. Once I got diagnosed with SLE, my Rheumatologist first put me on Dapsone along with the Lupus medications and that worked to clear it up for a long time and then for some reason my body rejected the Dapsone, so he switched me to Imuran and that helps a lot. He said that I will have this problem all of my life and that he believes that it is indirectly related to the Lupus and Sjogrens. I just wanted to let everyone see what I have had to deal with for so many years.

Hugs,
Kathy

laurid8967
06-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh my gosh, Kathy,
Thats horrible - but THank God, the meds work most of the time. I know you have a very long history with your disease, and I give you alot of credit for dealing with it on a daily basis with grace and dignity.
God Bless,
Lauri

KathyW1958
06-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Lauri

I started getting this nasty rash on my hands and feet at the age of 14. I had a lot of the other symptoms for Lupus, but had no idea of what Lupus was for many years. I came from a very poor family and unfortunately I did not get to see a doctor very often if at all. I was forced out of HS in my senior year by the Principal. He told me that the rash on my hands posed a health hazard to the staff, faculty, and the other students in the school. I had gone to the doctor, but he did nothing about it except perscribe hydrocortizone which did not even touch the rash. You can not imagine how I felt when I tried to explain to this pricipal that there is no cure and that I have tried to get the rash to go away. He acted mean and cruel to me and told me that I could no longer attend the HS and put me out. I had no other choice but to take the GED. The rejection I felt was terrible. I went into one of the worst depressions of my life and very nearly committed suicide and almost succeeded at that endeavor. I ended up having to get serious psychiatric help to deal with my anger issues and rejection issues. I often thought about suing the board of education in the state of NY for failing to allow me to have an equal, unbiased education, like that stupid, ignorant principal had. I definietly should have been allowed to complete school and graduate. Well that happened to me and there is nothing I can do about that, but believe me if I hear of a student being put out of school like I was, I will do anything in my power to help that student get right back into school. Oh well.

Kathy

jaideni
06-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Sorry you had to go through that kathy that sounds awful to be put out of school when they should have found a way to help you. I left hs in my last year because I felt like maybe something in the building was causing me to be sick. and although i got my ged I still felt depressed about leaving so I cant imagine how it felt to be forced out. Glad that your new meds help because that does look painful

KathyW1958
06-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi Jaiden

The Imuran helps a lot. I don't have as near of a bad flareup of the Pompholyx blisters as I did before I was getting any type of treatment for this problem or the Lupus. My hands and feet were in very bad shape when I first got diagnosed with SLE. My Rheumatologist told me that this condition was not related to the Lupus directly, but could be indirectly. At first he put me on Dapsone along with all of the Lupus medication and it cleared it up like a charm. When he decided to taper the dosage my body decided to totally reject the Dapsone. That was very depressing big time. He told me that he would either have to go to Methaltrexate or Imuran. I asked him to try the Imuran first and see how that worked and he agreed. It works great. I still get very small out breaks of the blisters, but that is ok. I can deal with that. You know it was not right to be forced out of HS, but I did get my GED and I scored the highest of anyone in the previous 5 years in my hometown in NY and believe it or not I got a letter from Albany State University that told me that I was qualified to take any course of study they offered and that I would not even have to take the entrance exam. I had the pleasure of taking that letter right down to that ignorant Principal and showing it to him. He did not have much to say. I don't let it get to me anymore as I have two associates degrees and I have gotten on with my life. I raised two wonderful children and now I have a beautiful little grandson named Tyler.

I hope that your medications are helping you out as well. When were you diagnosed with Lupus? I was diagnosed in 1996 and they believe that I have had it since I was 5 years old. God Bless.

Kathy

karengervais
07-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Kathy:
I have gotten blisters like you have on your hands several times over the past few years.
Just this morning I got up and my hands were itchy like crazy and I looked and I have all these small blister like bumps all in my thumb area. If you follow up from my thumb, at the top of it by my hand is where I get it all the time. I never knew what that was and would have never even thought to mention to my doctor. So is this something related to lupus?
I am still awaiting diagnosis, no positive ana, but my doctor has just started me on plaquenil a few weeks ago.
Is there anything else you can tell me about this, I always thought it was me and my weird rashes and I never want to tell my doctor because I do feel I sound like a hypochondriac.
Thanks for sharing.
Karen

sits_inthe_corner
07-05-2008, 06:23 PM
:shock:

Kathy and karen!

You two are the ONLY!!!!!!! people I have EVER met who have the same problem as me with the blisters on the hands!!!!! OMG!

I have felt like an utter freak for years cause NO one else had ever had that happen to them.

For me...I seem to break out if the acid content in my system is too high.

I have broken out like this since a was a wee small child.

Oranges lemons limes grapefruit with bust me out for sure.

But even pealing and chopping a bunch of carrots or tomatoes will do it to me.

My hands get hot and itchy and all these groups of little liquid filled blister cover my palms and in between my fingers. After a couple of days they dry out and my hands crack and bleed.

I was tested for food alergies, because my mom always figured I was allergic to citrus fruite...the test came back negative. That I was not allergic to it.

No I think it's over all acid levels. Since I've started controlling more of what I eat in a balanced way. I've had less break outs. They still happen sometimes...but not as often and not as sever.

Thank you both so much for talking about this...it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Jax812
07-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Kathy, Karen, and Sits in the Corner...

ME TOO!!

I had a horrible outbreak of this same rash all over my hands, feet, elbows, and knees last March. I saw a dermatologist who said it was dyshidrodic excema (same as Pompholyx). It cleared up on its own with a little topical cream. I've had a few patches since but nothing as bad.

I mentioned this to my cardio/rheumie at my last visit there (about 6 mos ago) and he didn't think much of it.

I had NO IDEA that this could be related to Lupus. I think I'll bring it up with my doc again. Right now, he thinks i have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease because I don't have a positive ANA.

KathyW1958
07-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Hi all,
I am posting again to let you all know that I do believe that the Pomphlyx is somehow related to an auto-immune illness. I still think it is somehow related to Lupus, but my doctor is now telling me that he thinks that since I have now been diagnosed with Celiacs Spru and Pernicious Anemia (Megaloblastic) Anemia that it may be related to that too. Shoot they do not know! I know that the Imuran is helping me a lot with this as now I have few flareups of it and yes acidy foods do tend to set if off. I do not cut up tomatoes, oranges or anything like that due to this. Have you guys asked your doctor about putting you on Imuran for it? It sure helps me a lot.

Hugs,
Kathy

Jax812
07-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks Kathy, that's interesting. They never know! I don't think I'll go on medication for it because at this point its not breaking out. But thanks!

debbie-b
04-02-2009, 09:26 AM
OMG, I just got a diagnoses, from you guys. I know this post is older, but I am new here and do alot of reading. Today, I found this site and know now for sure, I also have LIVEDO RETICULARIS. These pictures look just like my arms look all the time, purple fishnet looking skincolor. I also have Lupus, RA and fibro. My doc always looks at my arms and says, " that doesn't look right", ye think? Does this LR need to be treated?

Debbie

Saysusie
04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
As with most auto-immune conditions...once you have one, all of the atuo-immune relatives just want to jump on board. Livedo reticularis (aka:vasculitis racemosa, livedo racemosa, and livedo annularis), is an autoimmune skin disorder that causes a mottled, purple skin discoloration. Livedo reticularis is known to occur with Lupus as well as other auto-immune diseases such as: autoimmune hemolytic anemia, polyarteritis nodosa, dermatomyositis, rheumatoid arthritis cold agglutinin syndrome, cryoglobulinemia, vasculitis, and antiphospholipid syndrome.

Unfortunately, there is no treatment for livedo reticularis. Rewarming the skin may reverse the discoloration although eventually the capillaries may become permanently dilated and the condition can result in permanent discoloration. :unsure:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

debbie-b
04-02-2009, 04:37 PM
As with most auto-immune conditions...once you have one, all of the atuo-immune relatives just want to jump on board. Livedo reticularis (aka:vasculitis racemosa, livedo racemosa, and livedo annularis), is an autoimmune skin disorder that causes a mottled, purple skin discoloration. Livedo reticularis is known to occur with Lupus as well as other auto-immune diseases such as: autoimmune hemolytic anemia, polyarteritis nodosa, dermatomyositis, rheumatoid arthritis cold agglutinin syndrome, cryoglobulinemia, vasculitis, and antiphospholipid syndrome.

Unfortunately, there is no treatment for livedo reticularis. Rewarming the skin may reverse the discoloration although eventually the capillaries may become permanently dilated and the condition can result in permanent discoloration. :unsure:

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Dear Saysusie,

Thank you for your input, this explains alot. I have the discoloration 95 % of the time, but I never knew why, at least now I know. The only time my skin is not purple is when I have a hot flash:hissyfit:( I know, on top of everything else, I have those as well), any other time my skin is purple, even my knees. I don't like to wear short sleeves anymore, because people ask me why my skin is purple.

Debbie

jleigh
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Anyone have a non-itchy rash on their feet after they shower? That's a new symptom for me..

TERI A.
04-02-2009, 08:41 PM
i was reading your posts and just had to comment. jody i just went to a rhuemy who diagnosed me with ra and an auto immune . ana 1640. doing a full lupus panel now. but back to my point, when i told him i have a redness on face that looks like a malar rash and gets redder after a shower he said it was not a malar. i then told him i have had a red spot on the back of my neck for several months but is now on my chest and looks like a v neck sunburn but is not a burn. he said that has nothing to do with lupus. your description blew me away since it was exactly what i had described. i am seeing my gp tommorrow and requesting a new rhuemy. thanks teri