PDA

View Full Version : New Here

RavenWatson
06-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I found out I had Lupus in 1999. Then I was 16 1/2. I had not had much trouble with My SLE til 2 weeks ago. I started getting a huge Flare. I was Started on 80mg of Predisone on 6-3-08, then on a 14 day step down. After I finish that I start on 40mg daily. I am 26. And have been in love with my friend for 21 yrs. Yes we are child hood sweet hearts.

sits_inthe_corner
06-07-2008, 03:53 AM
Welcome RavenWatson

Sorry to hear you are flaring. Hope you find relief soon. I'm sure the others will be along soon to welcome you.

laurid8967
06-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Welcome Raven -
I am a newcomer as well, and have found much compassion and empathy from the people on this site. I hope that the Prednisone takes the edge off at least with your flare. I found that posting here is a great help. To be able to vent to people who COMPLETELY understand, and can empathize, has really helped me alot.
I hope you find some relief soon, and take care of yourself while you are not feeling good.
Stay steady -
Lauri

Saysusie
06-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi RavenWatson;
Welcome to our family. I hope that this current flare is controlled by your Prednisone. If, by any chance, you start to feel symptoms again while stepping down your dosage, be sure to let your doctor know so that your dosage can be increased until the symptoms are under control. Do not be too alarmed if this happens, it happens to us frequently.
I'm glad that you joined us and I'm sure that you will find everyone here is friendly, caring, supportive, and understanding.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie