PDA

View Full Version : Hatlady...

Oluwa
06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Just wanted to say hey..Hey...

You popped into my thoughts and wondered how you are?

I know you pop in every couple of days but I want to know how You are...

So, how are ya...

Love,
Oluwa

hatlady
06-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi Oluwa!

I'm doing fine - it was an overwhelmingly busy week for me - ending with a trip to Chicago for a "volunteer orientation" for a huge conference coming up later this month. Walked all over McCormick Place - one of the hugest converence/convention centers anywhere. The co-worker I was with, who is also volunteering, wore the wrong shoes - she got blisters. Poor thing, she was in such pain!

And learned the things I'll be doing on my three 6-hour shifts. Oh man.... I'll be wearing my most comfy shoes, carrying some snacks with me, and keeping my fingers crossed. If I get too tired, there are some volunteers who have assignments of "fill in" - so I'll just call for one of them to take over and I'll go back to the volunteer center and rest.

Work is going to be extra busy between now and then as well - not one day will all four of us be in the office at the same time because of vacations, surgeries, and what-not.

But thank heaven I'm feeling OK, wearing lots of sunscreen, long sleeves, and my hats....and trying to sleep enough and eat right in spite of the chaos.

Many hugs dear to you and everyone! I'll continue to pop in as I can, and respond when I can as well.

sits_inthe_corner
06-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Hugs hatlady,

Keep taking good care of yourself :)

Pretti in Pink
06-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Hatlady, we should change that to Busylady :lol: Volunteering- kudos to you. It's always such a good feeling (internally) I don't know about the rest of the body though :roll: take it easy and pop in and check on us when you can.

Oluwa
06-09-2008, 05:22 AM
There you are Hatlady...

Good for you. I am so glad you are busy, in the good sense and not IT being busy on you...

I am so happy you are doing something you want to do and is able to have a plan of attack in place...a tag team to fill in.

I think of doing volunteer work but I am afraid I may not be reliable. Maybe when I am able to be well enough for 30 days straight...then I will attempt something...

So many ideas swirl in my head. Soon I hope I can implement those ideas into my life.

Keep well..
Hugs,
OLuwa