PDA

View Full Version : Newly diagnosed- sick and confused

Laticia
06-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Hello, my name is Laticia and I am newly diagnosed with Systemic Lupus. I am 35 years old, have 3 kids, 13,11, and 10 and a great hubby of 16 years.
I am still grappling with the idea that I have a debilitating chronic illness that causes such fatigue that I cant get out of bed at times. I have been on pain management since september of 2007.
Today is a very bad day, I can barely type since my hands are so swollen and my joints hurt so badly, I am resorting to one finger typing. I have a great family, but I feel like such a burden to my family by asking for help. I used to be very active. Now I cant do everything I would like to. :(
Please give some input or suggestions as I am still grappling with this new life handed to me.

cheryl_v
06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Hello Laticia, welcome aboard. Best place you'll ever find :D . I'm 34 with 3 kids (14, 8 and soon to be 2), and a hubby of 15yrs. I used to be so active too, and as strong as any man. Until all this started about 5yrs ago. Now doc has dx me with connective tissue disorder and fibro a few months back. I have a new rheumy app. next month to be evaluated (sp?). Just wanted to say hi, your post sounded almost like me :lol: ., wierd. Feel free to chat anytime :) .

Saysusie
06-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Laticia;
I responded to your other post :lol: Just wanted to give you another welcome here also.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Nicoco
06-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Hello, my name is Laticia and I am newly diagnosed with Systemic Lupus. I am 35 years old, have 3 kids, 13,11, and 10 and a great hubby of 16 years.
I am still grappling with the idea that I have a debilitating chronic illness that causes such fatigue that I cant get out of bed at times. I have been on pain management since september of 2007.
Today is a very bad day, I can barely type since my hands are so swollen and my joints hurt so badly, I am resorting to one finger typing. I have a great family, but I feel like such a burden to my family by asking for help. I used to be very active. Now I cant do everything I would like to. :(
Please give some input or suggestions as I am still grappling with this new life handed to me. My chiro told me to try an enzyme Bromelain and Vit C. It's cleared up my swelling better than anything I've ever know and I used to love Aleeve before I found out it would kill me. I'm sorry you're going through so much. I have an 8 year old daughter and I was just dx last week. I feel like you. I was in a ballet company and teach 3-5 year olds in ballet tap and jazz. I run around after 4-5 year olds in a Sunday school class and I've had to relax on all of this till I figure out this illness and understand it's affect.

laurid8967
06-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey Laticia!!
How are you doing? You havent posted in a while. Just want to make sure you are feeling OK. Has the pain in your fingers gone down yet? Try and post and let us know how you are (if your're up for it of course)
Hang in there....
Lauri