PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NJ

kblackma1
06-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Hello,

I don't remember if I've introduced myself before - if I did, it was quite a while ago. I've been living with Lupus since diagnosis in 1984. For most of the last ten years, my disease has been well managed with maintenance meds and most symptoms have been mild enough to ignore. Last year, I went on meds to combat rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and, recently, I've been getting more rashes - including a completely annoying one on my lips. I have an appointment with a dermatologist this week and am hoping the rash will be deemed unrelated to my Lupus. I wanted to introduce myself here, in case my lip rash is an indication that my Lupus is acting up - last time I spiraled down, I found great strength in talking to others dealing with similar issues and hope that this forum might provide similar peer support now.

I hope today is a good day for you!

Best regards,
Karen

sits_inthe_corner
06-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi kblackma1

Sorry to hear you are flaring up. Hope it's a short flare. Good luck with your dermatologist appointment. I have one next week, I'm very nervous for several reason.

But that's another story :lol:

Hope you're feeling a bit better, I have alot of friends who have RA and I know how misserable it and the medications can be.

Welcome back to the board, I'm sure the others will be along soon to say hi :)

mnjodette
06-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Welcome, kblackma1 - or welcome back, as the case may be! I hope your rash is not related to lupus, too - or related to anything serious. But, if it is, you know where to come for some conversation and support!

Jody

Saysusie
06-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Welcome Karen;
I do hope that your lupus is not going to become active. However, if it does, there are plenty of people here who are more than willing to help you understand what is going on, to offer you advice, to give you support, and to be here when you need to talk!
Welcome Back :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie