PDA

View Full Version : sun exposure

tasha1971
06-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Hello everyone. The last two days i have been out in the sum more then usual. I keep forgetting my sunscreen. Today after getting home from church. I totally felt exausted. I slept from 12;30pm until 6;45pm. I heard pouding on my door, but i couldn't get up even if the building was on fire. Now that i am awake, i have no appetite at all. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow, but until then. Does anyone know a way to stimulate my appetite? I know i need to eat, because i have type two diabetes as well. :cry:

Oluwa
06-02-2008, 05:12 AM
Good Morning Tasha,

For me, when I am not hungry I usually drink a high protein drink. Either I make my own....dairy milk or soy milk, scoop of Weider's Protein Mix, berries, ground flax seed and crush ice and blend.

Or buy Atkins Chocolate Royal..blend with crush ice. I use equal liquids to crush ice in the blender...

And sometimes we just have to eat regardless, especially you being a diabetic..

My father and sister are diabetics. They usually eat a high protein cereal like Kashi when they lose their appetites.....

Be well,
Hugs,
Oluwa

tasha1971
06-02-2008, 08:32 AM
I have to be careful of what i eat. Physically i can't eat what i want. There's something else about me that has me depressed. I only found this out last month and i am still researching it. My doc told me that i have celiac disease. So now i have two diseases that attack my immune system. I am truly not in a good mood this morning. All i know is that i can't eat anything with wheat, barley, or rye in it because my lower intestine can't digest it. As for my last post about sun exposure. I think that i finally learned my lesson. Sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen. and cover up. By the time i came out of the sun. I was beet red and extremely tired. I slept for 6 and a half hours straight.

sits_inthe_corner
06-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Tasha

Have checked to see if there's a local Ceiliac's office near you? They can help you sort all this out and give you shopping guides that are easy to use.

tasha1971
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I didn't think of that. Thank you. How is everyone doing today?

Oluwa
06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi Tasha..

Flaxseed does not contain gluten... you should do well with the homemade smoothie. Avoid the Kashi....

Flaxseed is one of the richest sources of plant-based omega 3 fatty acids. The dietary fiber content of flaxseed is approximately 28% by weight and most people, you and I need more fiber to reduce the risk of chronic disease or help manage the ones we have....

And being a Celiac flaxseed would be an excellent source of fiber, eh?

Make sure you grind it....otherwise fiber will be nil if you decide to add it to your daily regime...

Bon Appetit'
Oluwa

tasha1971
06-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Thank you Oluwa. I will try that.