PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm new!

jessieb578
05-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here. My daughter is the one who has lupus. She is 6 and was diagnosed at the age of 5. I have yet to find anyone as young as her with this disease and I'm on the quest to find as much info as I can about this.

At this time thankfully she only has cutaneous lupus and has no other symptoms other than the sun sensitivity. She's as energetic as can be and seems to have no joint pain or anything.

My worries are what she will face being she's so young. I'm praying that it only stays this easy, but my gut tells me otherwise.

Nice to meet you all!

sits_inthe_corner
05-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi jessieb578 and welcome.

There is another mother here with a young son who has lupus. I cant remeber her nic at the moment but she posted on this newbie board. Hopefully she'll pop by to welcome you :)

jessieb578
05-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Really! That would be great if we could talk, I'm sure we could share a lot. I'll have to search around maybe I can find her!

Thanks for the heads up!

mnjodette
05-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi, jessieb578! SITC is talking about Worried Mommy. Go to the top of the forum screen, and click on search. In the 'author' field, enter *Worried* (I'm not sure exactly how many spaces there are, so that'll bring up anybody with the name worried in their nic (I'm pretty sure she's the only one.) Hope you two find a lot in common!

Jody

sits_inthe_corner
06-01-2008, 02:57 AM
Thanks Jody,

That's exactly who I was trying to think of! The beaches aren't the only thing foggy in Nova Scotia today haahhahaha

Saysusie
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Jessieb578;
I see that Mnjodette and Sits-In-The-Corner have already provided you with some guidance and friendship. I just wanted to welcome you also and I am sure that the Mommy's here will be more than happy to share with you also.

Welcome
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie