PDA

View Full Version : Cold Fx??? please help!

noseyatheart
05-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello,
I am new to this forum and also new to Lupus. I was told by my doctor that I possibly have Lupus. I was also diagnosed with a disease called ankylosing spondylitis ( my dad also has this disease) and was told by my doctor that it is not certain that I have lupus because the specific thing I tested positive for could just be showing traces of the ankylosing spondylitis (as they are in the same category) and not in fact lupus. I am waiting for now until August to see my first rheumotologist. I have had so many colds and flus in my life so far and I am only 19!! My last cold/flu was a terrible one and I made a couple trips to the hospital not knowing what was wrong. I am feeling this coming on again and made a trip to the store last night to buy some cold FX. The pharmacist said he does not recommend taking cold FX because it "boosts your immune system" and could possibly "aggrevate" lupus.

My question is if anyone has used cold FX and if you had a positive/negative response to the medicine? I am still debating whether to try it or not and am scared of whether it would work or make it worse?!?! Please help!!

All the best,
noseyatheart

sits_inthe_corner
05-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm not fully diagnosed for lupus but it runs strongly in my family. I have had a positive ANA test and another boarderline and a few negative.

My family doctor told me the only thing I can take is cold fx and if you take it as the bottle directs it works wonderfully. I came through the winter with out a single full blown cold. Usually I'm sick all winter with them. Yes it does boost your immune system but not the immune cells that cause problems for lupus.

I'm surprised your pharmasist didn't know this. If your doctor told you to take it then by all means do. I for one think it works wonderfully. It's expensive but it's worth it. It's done me no harm what so ever.

The first time I started to take it I thought this wont help. There was a very nasty cold going around. I started three pills three times for the first day and by the evening i was feeling much better. It is important to follow the direction...even though you start to feel better you must finish taking the pills as directed or the cold will swing around and bite you on the rump.

noseyatheart
05-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Thank you for your reply :D

My doctor had not told me to take it since he is fully booked and I cannot see him for atleast a week I figured I should try it. I did not understand how it could have that much of a negative effect but I figured I should ask around before I get into a world of trouble. I also do not know too much about lupus quite yet so I couldnt be sure what is wrong or right. I think I will give it a shot tomorrow if I am still really sick (which I usually am for atleast 3 weeks). I appreciate your reply as I just had a feeling of uncertainty. The pharmacist did not really go into an explanation, he just said "he does not recommend it due to the fact that it boosts your immune system" and that it could possibly "aggrevate lupus". For now I am left wondering what exactly he meant by "aggrevate"... perhaps he just meant that he would not recommend it just incase something did possibly go wrong and that I would hold him accountable. :shock: I will write again to let you know how or if it works.

All the best,
noseyatheart

sits_inthe_corner
05-31-2008, 01:22 AM
I was concerned my self when I first started to use it, so I asked around. I think I even asked on this site :lol:

It seems like alot of pills but it truely does work wonders for me. 3 pills, 3 times for the first day, 2 pills 3 times a day for the second day, and 1 pill 3 times a day for the 3 day, then 1 pill 3 times a day till you feel better.

I've always started feeling better by the evening of the first day, and much much much better by the second day. I've never had to continue after I've finished the third day.

They also say on the bottle to take it if you are around someone who is sick.

And I do that at work when someone starts barking and coughing. It's really helped me to avoid alot of colds.

I am usually quit a sicky, but this year has been great.

Suzique
05-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Hey Sits, Nosey,
I have never heard of this Cold FX. Is it a drug offered only in Canada? (Are you Canadian, too, Nosey?) I would love to hear more about it, as I already order some meds from Canada, and I would do the same with this one, if I could benefit from it. I don't have colds really often, but when I do, they are doozies. It really sounds like a good drug.

Susan

sits_inthe_corner
05-31-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure if it's in the states or not Susan....

OoOOo I just googled it and it is now available in the states.

Here's the site for more information

http://www.cold-fxusa.com/

noseyatheart
06-01-2008, 12:30 AM
I have just taken my 3rd dose for the first day. I cannot say I feel much better quite yet but I do notice a difference. We will see after some sleep... that is if my leg pain doesnt keep me up!! Yes, I am from British Columbia, also a Canadian. I hear of alot of people from the states ordering meds from here, which I dont blame you ... some of the prices I have seen in my travels were insanely high. I have been told by so many people that cold FX works great I was just unsure whether it is safe for lupus. I guess it is always worth a shot since most of us are used to trying many new meds!! I hope that you find something that works for you :D I will write again tomorrow to inform you on my hopeful progress :wink:

All the best,
noseyatheart

sits_inthe_corner
06-01-2008, 03:32 AM
For the price of it....it BETTER work well :lol:

noseyatheart
06-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Well I am happy to say that the cold FX really helped. I feel very good now and am only left with some slight pain. Its kind of funny how that works. I suggest that anypne who gets very sick with colds/flus to take it. I had to continue taking it after the 3rd day but by the 4th day I felt back to normal. I am making a trip out east at the end of htis month so I will continue taking 1 a day to try and prevent any sickness.

Hope all is well!!
noseyatheart

sits_inthe_corner
06-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey noseyatheart

Glad it worked for you as well. It's been the one thing that does what it's supposed to do.

Funny part is; My doctor told me that was the only thing I'm allowed to take with the medications I'm on. When I told her how happy I was with it..she said, "Really?!" I didn't think it worked that well. :?

Then she recommended it to her daughter to use. LOL