PDA

View Full Version : Saysusie....dermatomyositis?

Oluwa
05-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey you...Saysusie...

What is dermatomyositis like? I did a search of the forum and I think I read you posted you have it...

I was just looking through my medical records, copies from my Rheuma here in SC and he diagnosed me with dermatomyositis last year in September. I don't remember a conversation with him regarding that diagnose...maybe I was out in the corn...

Do you think he can make a diagnose by my complaints and him feeling my muscles only? Having the butterfly rash doesn't make for a diagnose does it? It isn't purple. I've read in several online aticles it refers to the rash as the butterfly, but the description isn't the same as IT's.

Seems there would be more to a diagnose than that...

I may have a few of the common symptoms such as muscle weakness, particularly in the muscles closest to the trunk, such as those in your hips, thighs, shoulders, upper arms and neck. This weakness is symmetrical, affecting both the left and right sides of your body, difficulty swallowing (dysphagia), muscle pain or tenderness, fatigue and gastrointestinal and having other autoimmune disease, IT and SS.

My symptoms could be a myriad of diseases but well in the realm of my IT and FMS I think. I think his diagnose on this is reaching, eh? I don't think I have it...

I left my copy of my past lab, blood tests at the MUSC. I lost them, somewhere...so my creatine level is unknown at this time until I obtain another copy. Is creatine the same as creatine kinase? Am I trying to mix apples and oranges?

Thank you..

Hugs..love,
Oluwa