PDA

View Full Version : i am new here ...hello everyone

tahani
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
hello everyone
am so glad that i found this web site , i feel am not alone when i see all of u here has lupus & know all about it, i dont know what to say i am overwholmed, i am 39 years old, divorced female, with a 2 year old boy, he is gorgouse, he fills my life with joy & laughter, i asked for the divorce & moved to my mom's house so family can take care of us both as my husband was selfish & didnt realize my pain& how ill i am , ofcourse he got remarried again in no time , i 'v been diagnosed a year ago after a long fight with the disease & as usual docotors took so long time to figure it out ...

Rastagirl
05-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Tahani and Welcome...... :D

You've found a great place for understanding and support. I'm sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed. This illness can definitely do that.

You've been through a tough time, sounds like. Sorry about the divorce and stress involved in the relationship. It's good that you have family close by to be supportive and share their home.

What a joy that you have your little boy. Two years old is such a fun age. I have a boy and a girl, and they, also, are my joy in this life!!

There will be many others along to welcome you soon. You will find a great group of understanding, compassionate people here with knowledge to share and support when you need it.

Just wanted to say hi and send you a cyberhug all the way to Cairo, Egypt!! :)

Fondly,

Lori :D

sits_inthe_corner
05-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome tahani

I'm glad you had a supportive family to turn to. Have the doctor's started a treatment plan for you. I hope you have some help to manage you pain.

Saysusie
05-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi Tahani;
Welcome to our family :lol: It is a blessing to have a supportive family, especially in light of the stress you've been through with divorce. Stress can be very detrimental to this disease, so I am glad to hear that you are no longer in such a stressful situation and that you have your beautiful 2yr old son to bring you joy.
This is a very supportive family here and you will always find someone here when you need help, answers, comfort or just to vent. I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to join us!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
05-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi Tahani...

Welcoming you with open arms, Tahani...

I too am happy you put your child and yourself first, and removed yourself from a stressful situation. Lupus (IT) thrives on stress...

Say it all, one paragraph at a time...it will help eliminate your overwhelmed feeling...

We're here for you..hugs.
Oluwa

mnjodette
05-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Welcome, Tahani. Your supportive family can make all the difference for you in coping with lupus...I'm so glad you have them...AND your lovely 2 year old son! What a blessing! I'm glad you found us, too, and I think you'll find lots of support here as well.

Jody

tahani
08-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Dear Lori,
i meant to write u sooner , ur kind welcome letter made me smile , tx for ur kind words & tx for ur support
hope ur kids are doing fine
how old are they ? are u sick to>? how sick ?plz write to me
Tahani

tahani
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
thank u for stopping by & take the time to write to me
my doctor is doing her best , but am still in pain , i refused to take cortison, but still the pain in my legs ,thighs, hands , dont go away , and i have this difficulty breathing , it doesnt seem to be solved
am always tired
what shall i do ?
Tahani

Welcome tahani

I'm glad you had a supportive family to turn to. Have the doctor's started a treatment plan for you. I hope you have some help to manage you pain.

tahani
08-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Dear saysusie

tx for ur supportive words , am glad that i finally found such a support group , ppl who wud understand
its a very ugly disease, its forces u to stay home in bed , very tired , u cant eat what u like any more , even walking is hard now 4 me , weak muscles

how a relief , hopw am not a burden thank u
bye
Tahani

Hi Tahani;
Welcome to our family :lol: It is a blessing to have a supportive family, especially in light of the stress you've been through with divorce. Stress can be very detrimental to this disease, so I am glad to hear that you are no longer in such a stressful situation and that you have your beautiful 2yr old son to bring you joy.
This is a very supportive family here and you will always find someone here when you need help, answers, comfort or just to vent. I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to join us!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

tahani
08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
i fdeel when am visiting this web site , as if am with family
u warmth my life
thanks for the hug
i really needed
and u r rit , i am trying to stay away from all the stressful things in life in order to survive to be able to raise my poor little child

regards

Hi Tahani...

Welcoming you with open arms, Tahani...

I too am happy you put your child and yourself first, and removed yourself from a stressful situation. Lupus (IT) thrives on stress...

Say it all, one paragraph at a time...it will help eliminate your overwhelmed feeling...

We're here for you..hugs.
Oluwa

tahani
08-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Thank u sooooooooooooo much , i really appreciate every word i recieved , thank u very much guyz for all the support , 4 emailing , 4 being there
i need all the advices & the support
and u r so true , my son is a blessing

Tahani

Welcome, Tahani. Your supportive family can make all the difference for you in coping with lupus...I'm so glad you have them...AND your lovely 2 year old son! What a blessing! I'm glad you found us, too, and I think you'll find lots of support here as well.

Jody

rob
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi tahani,

I just wanted to say hi. I'm glad you are here, and I'm glad you are finding people who undersatnt. Welcome.

is_dfaith
08-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Donna. I have Lupus plus Arthritis. The thing I hate about this disease is the pain. I have the lupus that affects my joints so I have trouble walking. I can't bend my legs to well either. I don't know about the rest of you but I will stay seated for a long time because I don't want to go through the pain of getting up. However, if I sit or stand along time I get so stiff the pain is worse. I am glad to be around others who have the same problems.

DONNA :cry:

laurid8967
08-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Welcome Donna -
Most of us here also suffer from the joint pain...it really is debilitating at times, I know. Are you on any medication for it? Plaquenil? Prednisone? Within two days of being on prednisone, my joint pain was down to a 2 from a 10...it REALLY helps as it reduces the inflammation that causes the pain. Plaquenil will also help, however, it does take some time to work...
Glad you found us...you will find nothing but accurate info here given by knowledgable and compassionate people..
Lauri

Saysusie
08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi Donna;
As Lauri mentioned, most of us also suffer from the pain and muscle weakness and (for those of us who are older) the excruciating arthritic pain on top of all of the other pains :cry: So, yes, we do understand and we know what it is like to have to make accommodations due to our pain.
I am happy that you joined us and you will find that everyone here is very open and willing to share! You are in the right place to know that you are not alone.

Tahani;
There is no such thing as being a "burden" here! All questions are equally important to us and everyone's journey, with this disease, gets equal amounts of attention and care! So, stay with us and never worry about being a burden.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Momo
08-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello Tahani;
I too have been recently diagnosed. But, unlike you, I do not have a supportive family. I am 34 years old with 2 little boys. the youngest child has autism. My husband doesn't seem to be coping with it very well. He's scared to touch me(lol)! I understand what you are dealing with and pray that things will change for the better.
:lol: