PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SC

panda651
05-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Hello, I'm Amanda from South Carolina. I just turned 29, and was first diagnosed 4 years ago, right after my 25th birthday, in the hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. I had to move back to SC to live with my mom, because I was unable to care for myself for a while. My condition improved, and I was able to live alone again. About 16 months ago, in February 2007, I was hospitalized again and there was brain swelling. I have had to overcome left-side weakness, double vision, etc. I still use a walker, but we think the lesion has healed. Currently, I take Prednisone 20 mg/day, Plaquenil 200 mg/day, Methotrexate 20mg/week, Folic Acid, Aciphex, Oscal-D, Lutein PreserVision (Bausch & Lomb), Fish Oil and Tylenol. (I just got a prescription for Mobic.)

Marcia
05-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi, Amanda,

I just wanted to say "welcome". I am pretty new here too, but this seems to be a great place for support. I know that there are others here that take similar meds. I am glad you are here.

Marcia

Rastagirl
05-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi Amanda....

Welcome!! :D Glad you joined.

What a tough time you've been through. Sorry. :( This is such a tough disease for everyone that has it, and especially challenging to face at a young age, when you're in the prime of your young adulthood.

I know. I was diagnosed at age 18! It can turn your life upside down in a minute.

There are many others here that will be along soon to welcome and support you. You've found a safe place for compassion and understanding, as well as information and sharing.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Fondly, :)

Lori

Saysusie
05-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Amanda :lol:
Welcome to our family. You've been through quite a bit, with this disease, at such a young age. I'm glad to hear that you are improving and I truly hope that the improvement continues.
You will find that everyone here is very helpful, understanding, informative and caring. I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to join us!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

NoodleMom
05-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Amanda, Welcome to our little home on the net :D
Glad you found us :D We are a close knit community and I have found this group to be very caring and supportive. Others will be along soon to welcome you.

Kasey

sits_inthe_corner
05-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Welcome Amanda,

I'm in Nova Scotia, I'm also on plaquenil, but I'm not sure for how much longer. I have an appointment with my rhuemy, we've been butting heads.

Glad to hear you are coming around. Nothing is written in stone with Lupus. It's like a box of chocolates (some of the fillings are really crumby and rather disgusting) okay so it's not like a box of chocolates :D

Welcome to the board all the same :)

Pretti in Pink
05-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Welcome Amanda. You've found a great cyber family.

mnjodette
05-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi, Amanda. Welcome to the 'club'....I know you'll be glad you found this place. I hope you'll stop by often...

Jody

panda651
05-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Marcia, Lori, Saysusie, Kasey, sits_inthe_corner, Pretti in Pink, and Jody, Thank you all for the warm welcome! :) I'm looking forward to sharing with everyone!

I went away briefly for Memorial Day and am still recovering from that little trip. ;)

Oluwa
05-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Hey Amanda...

I am Oluwa and I live in South Carolina too, Summerville. Welcoming you with open arms..

So, much for one person to go through. I hope and pray you continue to improve...and recovery from your Memorial Day excursion...

Read about...and we look forward to reading you..

Be well,
Hugs,
Oluwa