PDA

View Full Version : Hi all - just checking in!

hatlady
05-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I thought by this time I'd be caught up with evertying a new boss was throwing at me, and be able to post more. Well, I'm still deep in work, but enjoying the challenge. This is the first boss in about 10 years who not only expects a lot but LISTENS as well. I don't mind high expectataions if they are coupled with reality, and listening to my opinion/expertise and recognizing that I have half a brain.

(OK, some days it is only about a quarter brain... :roll: )

Anyway, I'm doing fairly well energy wise, pain wise and health wise, have had a couple days where a flight of stairs constituted heavy exercies - and was avoided. I have been smart enough to eat right, go to bed early... most days. (We won't talk about the crab rangoon the other night... :oops: )

Weird, I'm the HR person, I know all the laws and the rules, yet I haven't said anything to the new boss about my lupus. She knows I'm sun sensitive, as I adjust where I sit in her office on sunny mornings, and of course there's the ever present HAT when I'm outside... 8) But at this point, the lupus isn't an issue - I'm taking care of myself and don't need to share...yet.

Hugs to everyone here - and I'll try to spend a bit of time on the board this wonderful long weekend....

Saysusie
05-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Hatlady;
Oh how I love getting good news and your post was brimming with good news. I am so happy that your job is working out for you, and that you are finding a challenge as well as respect!
I am, especially, happy to hear that you are managing your Lupus and that it is not becoming a impediment. Keep taking care of yourself (and crab rangoon is allowed...you've earned it!) and keep that smile on your face (I could see it in your post). Can't wait to hear from you again!!

So Happy For You
Saysusie

NoodleMom
05-25-2008, 10:47 AM
That is great HatLady. I am glad to hear that thigs are going so well for you. Wanted to let you know that I bought my first hat recently. It has a wide brim and does its job well. I am thankful that it had a neck strap so that the when the wind blows it off it doesnt get to far away from me :wink:

I have just been served my wonderful lunch by my wonderful dd so I am going to go eat now.

lots of shadynes coming to ya, K

sits_inthe_corner
05-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Hugsssss Hat,

Glad you are taking care of yourself. HUGS to ya.

Hope you are all have a great weekend.

Missy
05-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm so glad things are going so well for you! Congrats!

mnjodette
05-25-2008, 03:44 PM
That's a big yippee, Hatlady! So nice to hear you're doing well, and enjoying the challenges of your job! That's great news! Hope all continues just as it is, for a good long while.

Jody

Pretti in Pink
05-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Hatlady,

Nice to hear from you and see you are at least coming up for air until you have keep your head above water with the new boss and it sounds like there is a mutual respect. Keep well and peeking in on us.