PDA

View Full Version : Women Over 40

Suzique
05-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Please do not be offended by this - it is not intended to do so. I found it pretty funny, and I am hoping you will, too.
This is a commentary made by the ever-opinionated Andy Rooney:

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think. If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game , she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting. Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it. Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart. Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her. Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?', here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

Andy Rooney is a really smart guy!

I have to say that I am one of the 20% who believes in the sanctity of marriage, but then, I wouldn't buy a pig, either!

Susan

Oluwa
05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Rolling and roaring on the floor...

Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage! ...............

What a great counterpart to the, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

I needed the laughter...still laughing..

Pretti in Pink
05-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks Suzique, that was great. Tooo funny- I'm with Oluwa on the pig counterpart to the cow.

sits_inthe_corner
05-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Now That's funny :lol: sending it to my sister :D

Pretti in Pink
05-21-2008, 06:15 PM
I sent it to my mom.

Suzique
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
We are a bit underappreciated, aren't we? Glad you liked it Oluwa, Pretty in Pink, and Sits_inthe_Corner. Appreciate the laughs you guys give me, so it is good to be able to return the favor.

Susan

rob
05-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Thats hilarious! Andy Rooney always makes me laugh, but I think thats one of the best commentaries he's ever done. And from a man's point of view, he's right. Women over 40 are very attractive!

ColleenT
05-22-2008, 03:59 AM
Hilarious! Loved it! :lol:
Colleen

Saysusie
05-22-2008, 10:41 AM
That was absolutely hilarious. I sent it to all of my friends. I especially like the "sausage" adage.

Thanks
Saysusie

Faith
05-22-2008, 01:19 PM
That was too funny!!! Thank you for sharing. I always loved Andy Rooney; he tells it like it is.

Thanks,

Faith

Missy
05-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I'd like to hope that at 30 I'm more like those "women over 40" than under it - in spirit anyway!

And oddly enough, the movie stars and women that my husband finds most attractive are those over 40! He really thought a 55 year old I used to work with was beautiful, too! He was only 28 at the time! I think this means he won't be the idiot in the yello wpants Andy was talking about! :D :lol:

mnjodette
05-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Ahhh....Andy Rooney is a wise man! Thanks for that, Susan....I LOVED it, and am going to share it with all of my woman friends (and some of the men...those with a good sense of humor!) I'm waaayyy over 40, by the way, and my husband tells me that he loves me more now than he did when we were in our 20s. (And, he doesn't own any yellow pants...!)

Jody

Suzique
05-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks for your nice comments, family. It sounds as though we have all been smart enough to choose men who do not own yellow pants! And I would bet good money Rob does not own any, either!!
Sadly, I do have friend who have made poor choices in the mate department (bought the pig), but this group seems to have done well. We certainly deserve the praise that Andy Rooney gave us, for we are a sensible, caring, sensitive group (including you, Missy - despite being a little "under the line" - haha).
I wanted to report on something that I have finally managed in my 40's (well, barely still there) - I have completely quit smoking!! I am so proud of myself. I was so nervous when I mentioned my desire to do so in a thread months ago - I was afraid you guys would think I was awful for being dumb enough to do something like that to my body. But I received supportive, caring, "you can do it" messages from everyone, and I can't tell you how much that meant to me! Now that I am really smoke free, I wanted to tell you and thank you for your support.

Susan

Pretti in Pink
05-23-2008, 05:03 PM
WAY TO GO SUZIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never smoked, but I know that giving up anything takes much discipline, positive attitude and temperance. That's a hugh accomplishment and I'm glad you shared it with us. So, pat yourself on the back from me. Better yet, give yourself a hug :BIG:

mnjodette
05-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Woo-hoo!!! Way to go Susan! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/bravo-009.gif

Jody

Oluwa
05-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Woohooo....It is a feat to celebrate. It's hard being a nag too yourself, but you did it...woohoo..

Hugs,
Oluwa

Saysusie
05-23-2008, 06:49 PM
:multi: CONGRATULATIONS SUZIQUE!!!!!!
It takes a lot of fortitude, self determination, and will power to quit..so you should be very proud of yourself!! I know that we are all proud of you!

HOOORAH!!!
Saysusie

Missy
05-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Bravo, Suzique! I hope you are as proud of yourself as we are of you! :D

A great big kudos to you!

Rastagirl
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Suzique.....

The Andy Rooney post is GREAT!! :lol: And just when I needed it. I'll be hitting 45 in a few weeks here, and that was just the extra boost to my ego I needed right now. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Also, congrats on your outstanding achievement!! :D It's a really big deal.

My husband, who's smoked since he was 16, finally quit just before last Christmas. (After many years of begging/nagging from me). :D So far, he's still smoke free.

Thanks, again, for the great post!!

Fondly,

Lori

rob
05-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi Susan,

For the record, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing yellow pants. I'm a levi's and tee- shirt kind of guy. Congratulations on quitting smoking. I've never been a smoker, but I have plenty of friends who were, and quitting was extremely difficult for them. Enjoy being smoke free!

sits_inthe_corner
05-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Congrats Susan!

Bravo...it's VERY hard to quit, so hat's off to you. Please do not get caught off guard by sudden cravings. They will happen. But just let them wash over you like a wave. :) They too shall pass.

Suzique
05-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh all the congrats are just so heartwarming! Actually, the craving has not been too bad. I struggled with it really, really hard for weeks, then one day, I just prayed to God that he take the burdon for me, since I seemed to be just too weak a human to manage on my own. I promise, since that day, the cravings have been very, very little. I fully believed He would help me, and He did. I know this is not the Spiritual section, but that is the honest way I finally got smoking licked!
You are all so kind to be happy with me and proud. My husband never smoked, so you can just imagine how happy he is! hahaha
I decided I didn't want to be a 40 something woman, married to a thirty something man (and a hunk, too, I might add) but look like a 60 something woman due to the harsh effects of cigarettes, that was a bit of help, too.

Susan

TERIOD
05-25-2008, 10:56 PM
what a bunch of quitters!!!!!!!!! how outrageous to be on this board with so many quitters

I myself quit smoking cigarettes about four months ago and its driving meeeee crazzzzzy,,,,but ill manage by chewing gum like crazy

so i think im happy to be here with such nice quitter :D
Terry

mnjodette
05-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Here's a funny cigarette story:

When I was about 19 and a freshman in college, I was home for the weekend with a couple friends. We were hanging out in my parent's family room and I was smoking (the 'rents were upstairs.) Now, my parents both smoked, so it wasn't like they were healthy role models...but they DID NOT want me to smoke.

I heard my Mom coming down the stairs, so I quickly stuck the cigarette in the only place I could think of....my jacket pocket! :shock:

She talked to us for just a bit and then started back up the stairs. When she was just out of sight, she called back down to me "honey, you're jacket is smoking....might want to put the cigarette out!" http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Smoking/smoking-018.gif

When you're a teenager, you always think you are sooooooo clever...NOT! Mom's are always wiser! :roll:

Suzique
05-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Jody, I LOVE your story of the smoking jacket! That sounds like something you would see on a sit com - what a hoot! I can just see you frantically trying to put out the embers of burning pocket! hahaha

Teriod, Thank you - I think you must be nice, too, 'cause kitties don't choose nasty people to be their humans!

I love all the little emoticons everyone uses to emphasize things. One day, maybe I'll learn to do it. I read the thread where Oluwa was trying to walk someone, forgive me, I forget who, through the steps of placing an emoticon in the post. I got lost in the steps and gave up trying. Oh, well, one day...

Susan

sits_inthe_corner
05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
hey TERIOD

Congrats to you too!

I quit 2 yrs ago...and I still get cravings sometimes. But I think I am now addicted to the craving :lol: I actually enjoy the little rush of panic.

Like I said, I just let it wash over me like a wave and it's gone. I don't miss spending the money on the silly things or the bother of trying to find a place where you are allowed to smoke.

Things are pretty strick here in Nova Scotia. I'm slowly remembering who I was before I started smoking. The person who didn't panic at the thought of running out of smokes.