PDA

View Full Version : Daughter Got Married

DrinkofWtr
05-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi Everybody:

Haven't been able to get into the website lately. Technical problems?
Anyway, my one and only daughter, Kelly, got married a couple of weeks ago. It was a beautiful wedding! There was so much to do. Unfortunately, I had an Upper Respiratory Infection during this time. The outdoor setting at the ocean didn't help the illness, but I enjoyed the ceremony anyway. At the reception, we danced to In My Daughter's Eyes played by the disc jockey. There was a unity candle ceremony I was involved in. I gave a toast to the newlyweds, etc. She just got back from her honeymoon in Bora Bora. She said the snorkling was great there, but the groom got badly sunburned. Kelly said she probably didn't get burnt because she had a few sessions in the tanning booth before they left. I am glad to be back in the website again. As usual, a lot has been going on in my life. Later, I till you about my poor Dad who almost died. Apparently, his life-threatening illness was caused by a drug that was recalled, and was made twice the dose it should have been.

Missy
05-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Congratulations!

It sounds like, depite the challenges, it was a day to remember!

thank you for sharing your happy news!

Saysusie
05-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Welcome Back DrinkofWater :lol:
Yes, the site was down for a while, but it is back, better and faster than before.
Your daughter's wedding sounded wonderful and beautiful. I've never been to Bora Bora, but I hear that it is a honeymooner's paradise.
I hope that you are feeling better now. Although our daughter's wedding is always such a pleasure for us mom's, it is also very stressful because you want it to be perfect and you want her to be happy! So, now is the time for you to take a breather, take care of yourself and get better.
I'm happy that you are back!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
05-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Congratulations on gaining a "son"-in-law. Welcome back.

sits_inthe_corner
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
DrinkofWtr

Welcome back :) hope you are feeling better and are giving yourself a chance to rest up.

How's your dad doing now?

mnjodette
05-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Good to see you again, DrinkofWtr - and congratulations on your daughter's wedding! Such a big, big day. Glad you were able to enjoy it, in spite of the nasty infection. Bora Bora...how lovely for the newlyweds!

Hope your dad is much improved. Take care of yourself - I know that's hard when you're caring for others as well.

Jody