PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Texas?

sick n tired
05-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Anyone from Texas? I live in the DFW metroplex.

eyesonheaven
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi, I just saw your post from May last year asking if anyone in the DFW metroplex was here. I live in Colleyville. Have you found a support group around here?Thanks, Jill

sick n tired
02-02-2009, 07:49 PM
You live in Colleyville????? So do I. No I have not found a support group. My daughter started a group of friends who do the walk a thon in my honor. That is in Dallas.
My email is listed at the bottom so please email me if you want to get together. I am currently recovering from Bronchitis and then pneumonia so I am sort of weak right now. I have an appt with the rheumy tomorrow because he is not happy with how long I have been ill (6 weeks)

Anyway, Jill...get in touch...it is sooooo exciting to find someone who is around here. Sometimes it feels like i am on an island.

Blessings,

Karen

KATROACH1972
03-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I live in Crawford, Texas. Got couple sisters in Grand Prarie.

sick n tired
03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Really...Grand Prairie? We are moving to Arlington or Mansfield...still not sure. Where is Crawford, Tx? Are we close? I feel so alone. I know you saw the posts on this page, but I never heard from Jill(Eyes on Heaven) again. I hope that she isn't ill. There is a new one who has Dallas in her name an I was wondering if she was from here. Of course, there are other Dallas' in the nation.
Oh wait, is Crawford where President Bush lives? South Texas.
Well, to say the least I am so excited to "meet" afellow Texan. How do you survive our summers?

Hugs,
Karen

mountaindreamer
03-06-2009, 06:37 AM
hi SNT

i believe Grime lives somewhere on the texas coast. Maybe he will be along shortly....hope you find someone who lives close....i thought it was so cool about our "England" friends getting together.

phyllis

Angel Oliver
03-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Oh im so excited for you all now and so hope somehow you can all meet up and chat or just chat on skype or something to support each other.

Good luck and sending you gentle hugs. Hope the appointment goes well.

love
Angel.xxx

Grime
03-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Yep I'm on the Texas coast. Port O'Connor to be exact. Crawford is south of DFW near Waco. My daughter lives in Round Rock just north of Austin. I'm about 5 hours south of you.

I'm a newbie here. I have found the welcome and the people here wonderful. There is also another newbie here from Brownsville. Yvette

Welcome to the forum
David

sick n tired
03-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey maybe we could try to get together in the summer or something. South Texas is so beautiful. I know...Grime we will go sailing... :-) lol

Grime
03-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Maybe we could all get together in C.C. Karen you have family in C.C. correct. Yes we will defiantly go sailing. We might look like a mummies but who care. We'd be having fun and that's what counts.

We could also get together in Austin. That is kind of in the middle. Give me another reason to see my grandson.

KATROACH1972
03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Good Lord Air condition and ice sodas! Texas heat sux! haha I'm 100 hundred miles away, but only email or post away too. Have a great night! Kathy

KATROACH1972
06-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey any of you Texans, or anyone else know of any support groups here? hugs kathy

magistramarla
06-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,
I just noticed this thread. I'm also in Texas, at least for a couple more months. I'm a transplanted northerner who REALLY hates the heat down here.
I'm in San Antonio, so if anyone comes to see the River Walk this summer, give me a shout!
In September, we'll be moving to Monterey, Cal. for three years (AF orders), and then back to the South Texas heat.
Marla

Grime
06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Marla,
I'm coming up to SA tomorrow morning for VA appointments on Thursday. PM me your phone # and I'll give you a call when I get in.

MicRoMediC
06-09-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm in Sugar Land, just southwest of Houston. I'm jealous of your daughter Grime! I've been to a Round Rock game, they're freaking awesome! It's so different from a majors game!

KATROACH1972
06-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Good Lord Air condition and ice sodas! Texas heat sux! haha I'm 100 hundred miles away, but only email or post away too. Have a great night! Kathy
So do any of you Texans have a support group? Just wondering! Hugs KAthy:cute:

dmott
06-10-2009, 12:00 PM
I am also from Texas! I live in Porter, Texas close to Kingwood the outskirts of houston. :laugh:

Grime
06-11-2009, 04:12 PM
There is a support group over in Houston. Might need a tux and evening gown to go to the meetings.

http://www.lupustexas.org/

Marla,
Sorry about yesterday. I ended up staying at the VA all day and was beat when I left. Total wasted trip up. When its free you get just what you are paying for.

magistramarla
06-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah buddy,
We were making the rounds of the DMV and doctors' offices today, including the VA. My hubby had to drop off some medical records and forms to them, since he's getting ready to retire from the Reserves. It was a long, tiring afternoon.
If I wasn't moving, I would suggest getting a group started and using San Antonio as a nice central location. Perhaps when I move back in three years?
Sorry they gave you such a run-around this trip. Are you coming back up here anytime soon? We'll have to try for that lunch or coffee then. Give me a shout!
Marla

KATROACH1972
06-12-2009, 11:46 AM
[quote=Grime;52229]There is a support group over in Houston. Might need a tux and evening gown to go to the meetings.

http://www.lupustexas.org
Thanks David, I live atleast 250 miles from houston, so I guess i will have to wait to some group closer. Kathy:cute:

sick n tired
06-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't live in Colleyville, anymore...I am now in Arlington, Texas...too much traffic and as always too, too, hot....Magistramarla, are you looking forward to moving to California? Maybe you will be moving to the cooler part...that's a thought...

I don't know of any support meetings, Kathy, except the one Grime suggested and I think there is one in Dallas...not sure, though...It sure can get lonely...I think all of you are way south of me....I will let all you know when I come down...probably in July...

KATROACH1972
06-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Hey my sisters live in Grand prarie, and Arlington! I may have to look you up next drive there! I miss you sweetie! hugs Kathy

justomegirlindallas
10-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Denton here!

oscarinfw
10-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Fort worth here !

Though I'm an "interesting" case; no internal symptoms (joint aches/pains) but plenty of skin rashes thought to be both psoriasis and lupus.

LAP717
03-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone! I am in Carrollton... let me know if you ever get together.

RIDETHEBEST
07-06-2014, 04:08 AM
N.E. Texas / Piney Woods Longview