PDA

View Full Version : Very worried for a long time!!!

tia
05-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I am so young (30) and in a moment of my life when I should focus on having a baby with my wonderfull husband. But I am very worried for almost 7 month now, because of my health. Everything started six months after we moved in Canada. I saw several doctors but nobody knows what could be. I'm reading this forum since I started having problems and I think all of you are wonderfull, I think it is very supportive. We were planning to have a baby next year, so I'm wondering if I have Lupus, should we change our plans? I'm worried that I won't be able to take care of my family, if my health is getting worst. Is there anybody in my situation? Or should I wait for a diagnostic first, but I am afraid that will be a greater risk. Could climate be a trigger, should we move back in our country?

sits_inthe_corner
05-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi tia

Welcome...what part of Canada are you in? People with lupus are all over the world, no matter what the climate. Stress is definately a trigger. Peace and calm is recommended.

Each person had their own triggers. Follow the golden rules of proper rest, eat well, moderate exercise.

There are lots of mother's on this site. I'm sure some will be along to welcome you. Speak with your doctor about starting a family, with some guidance this is quite managable.

My sister has lupus and has raised two very active boys, who are now almost young men.

Each person has their own unique health issues to deal with but we have alot in common as well.

Feel free to ask what ever you want to know. If someone cant answer your question some one else will be able to.

Rastagirl
05-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Tia, :D

I want to welcome you and let you know you are not alone. There will be many others along to welcome you soon. This is a great place to ask questions. Our moderator, Saysusie, is wonderful at helping others interpret and understant their diagnostic tests and lab work.

I can 'hear' the fear and frustration in your post.

I've had Lupus since I was 18 and have been through 2 successful pregnancies. I did not get pregnant until my Lupus was in a remission. Remission means that the disease is quiet and you have no active symptoms.

If you are having a flare, or active symptoms of Lupus right now, it's probably not the best time for your health to go through a pregnancy. It's good to get things under control symptom-wise before you start, if possible.

I have been fortunate that my Lupus has stayed in remission (for 12 years) after having kids and I have been healthy enough to take care of my family so far. I have had to make some adjustments to my lifestyle, like giving up working full time to be a stay-at-home Mom.

Do not give up hope on having a children, miracles can, and do, happen.

One of the most important things for someone with Lupus, is to have a doctor that you trust and that listens to you and works with you in partnership. I hope that you have that in your new home town.

What country did you move to Vancouver from? I'm curious what the climate was like.

Again, welcome, Tia. And please know that you are not alone in this, by any means.

Fondly,

Lori :)

NoodleMom
05-18-2008, 02:49 PM
tia,

I just wanted to welcome you to our little home on the web. Glad you found us.

K

sick n tired
05-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey Tia,

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure that climate can be a trigger unless the new climate is making you ill. Where are you from?

Like Sitc said, stress can be a definate trigger. A move can cause stress, especially if you moved countries. Could it be that you are stressed or depressed?

Many people have been able to successfully have and raise children with lupus. I have many kids myself. What symptoms are you having?

I hope that things look up,

Karen