PDA

View Full Version : Lupus sucks. . . guess I have Fibromyalgia now!!

WantItGone
05-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Greetings all!!

I'm a little irritated right now. I know we all are at some point, that's why I feel at home here. So, I posted in other threads about these different pains I've been experiencing in my muscles (back, arms, legs) including inflamation. Some of you have said it sounds like fibro. Well, you were right. I didn't want to admit it and still don't. I'm going to get a book Faith suggested so that I can get a clearer understanding of what fibro is all about. I'm happy I had the experience I had today though because if not, I would've stayed in denial. The experience I'm referring to is, I told my rheumy about the new aches and explained in detail. So, she had me sit on the doctor's table (I forget what that's called, having a bit of brain fog right now :D ). Anyway, she touches me on around 6 or seven different points, my knees, wrists, elbows, and back. To me, it seemed like she was squeezing. I winced in pain at each point and said "Yes!" when she asked "does that hurt." So, I'm thinking she was squeezing or applying extra pressure. I ask "so, what, is that not supposed to hurt?" She says no. I say "well, you squeezed pretty hard." She said "no, I didn't squeeze, I just touched you there." :shock: I was surprised. She went on to explain that my nerve endings were supposed to send a signal to my brain that what she did wasn't painful, but they didn't. So, I don't know. . . I'm trippin a bit right now. She prescribed Neurontin (don't know if I spelled that right). I really don't want to add another medication but I'm feeling quite funky right now so I guess I'll have to. Anyway, I just wanted to give an update after my visit. Thanks to everyone who had such helpful suggestions and input. You guys are awesome!

Shyce
05-14-2008, 05:35 PM
i recently was told i have fibro as well. and it aint fun either. i had the same experience as u did with the doc.

what meds are u given for it?

SwirlyGirly
05-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I totally know how you feel! After fighting so hard for that initial diagnosis of lupus, then finding these other lurking things was rather disconcerting for me as well! I have since collected Fibro, sjogren's, and raynaud's. I do have to admit, once getting the labels and researching each of them, it made more sense to me. My doc is trying me on Nortriptyline for the Fibro. It is the very first meds anyone has tried for my fibro. I'm actually excited. Each of those pressure points you mentioned radiate pain for me all the time. Just wearing any pants with a waist band that touches my back makes me feel like I just got struck by lightening!

So take the time to get acquainted with your new "label". Acceptance does get easier. You've already tackled the denial. I hope the meds do help you!

WantItGone
05-14-2008, 06:16 PM
i recently was told i have fibro as well. and it aint fun either. i had the same experience as u did with the doc.

what meds are u given for it?

Hi Shyce,

I was prescribed Neurontin (don't know if I'm spelling that right). I'm going to get it now. Wish me luck!

WantItGone
05-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I totally know how you feel! After fighting so hard for that initial diagnosis of lupus, then finding these other lurking things was rather disconcerting for me as well! I have since collected Fibro, sjogren's, and raynaud's. I do have to admit, once getting the labels and researching each of them, it made more sense to me. My doc is trying me on Nortriptyline for the Fibro. It is the very first meds anyone has tried for my fibro. I'm actually excited. Each of those pressure points you mentioned radiate pain for me all the time. Just wearing any pants with a waist band that touches my back makes me feel like I just got struck by lightening!

So take the time to get acquainted with your new "label". Acceptance does get easier. You've already tackled the denial. I hope the meds do help you!

Thanks! I know I have to just get acquainted with it. I have raynaud's also. That's irritating as well. I was always the one who could go out in 50 degree weather with no coat on and bake in the sun all day long. Now, I have to wear gloves in 60 degree weather and an extra pair of socks. Arrrgghh! And, I had a horrid experience in Miami. I didn't even pay attention to the sun sensitivity thing two years ago as I laid out in the sun from 12-4 (which is something I've always done). Omg!!! You guys, two days later (after doing that same thing for two days, dummy huh?!), I could barely walk from the airplane to my car. When I got home (still not knowing wtf was wrong, lol), I was in the bed for two days. One of my friends was like, "hello, you're sun sensitive!" I'm like "oh my God, what a moron I am!" I'm lol now but I truly wasn't then. I hope the meds work as well. I'm sure they will. Thanks so much for posting!!

Faith
05-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi Want It Gone,

I posted on another post. I am sorry to hear you have joined the fun fibro party. I was afraid that you had fibro from your description the last time we talked. Check out the book I had mentioned earlier; as it explains it in detail.

I also have Raynaud's, Lupus, and recently Sjogrens. God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I keep telling myself that. I hope your new meds help. Keep us updated and take care.

Faith :lol:

WantItGone
05-15-2008, 04:03 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

I posted on another post. I am sorry to hear you have joined the fun fibro party. I was afraid that you had fibro from your description the last time we talked. Check out the book I had mentioned earlier; as it explains it in detail.

I also have Raynaud's, Lupus, and recently Sjogrens. God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I keep telling myself that. I hope your new meds help. Keep us updated and take care.

thanks faith!!

can you give me the name of that book again, i've searched the threads and can't find that post. again, thanks, talk to you soon and take care!

Faith
05-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

It is called "All About Fibromyalgia" by Daniel J. Wallace; the same author/md that wrote about "Lupus for Patients and Families." I found it on ebay, amazon, and through the local library.

Keep us updated.

Take care,

Faith 8)

WantItGone
05-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

It is called "All About Fibromyalgia" by Daniel J. Wallace; the same author/md that wrote about "Lupus for Patients and Families." I found it on ebay, amazon, and through the local library.

Keep us updated.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Thanks faith! I'm going to get it today. I meant to get it when I had easter break but didn't.

Saysusie
05-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi WantitGone;
Like you, I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, and a few others. My doctor also did the pressure point test on me - she called it her FM torture chamber (I think that there are 17), of the 17, I had 14. Also, like you, each time that she touched one, I wanted to jump off of the table because it hurt so bad.
My FM has been flaring now for going on 5 months straight. I was finally referred to physical therapy to help with the pain. I am also taking Nortryptiline as well as baclofen (a muscle relaxer), and B-12 shots.
It is common for persons with Lupus to also have Fibromyalgia as an overlap disease. Often times, it is difficult for us to discern which pains are from Lupus and which pains are from Fibromyalgia.
You are not alone and there are many of us who are suffering from the same symptoms as you. I truly understand your frustration at not wanting to have another illness, which means more medication. I feel exactly the same way! So, we can support one another in this, oh so maddening mix of diseases!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
05-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Awww hugs you guys, my heart is breaking for you. There's aline from a song that keeps repeating in my head...

Kickem when their up...kickem when their down.
:shock:

Enough already....it has to stop somewhere...no more for any of you, that's it. You're full.

hugssss
Susan

mnjodette
05-15-2008, 02:32 PM
WantitGone, I'm sorry you had to join this particular party...yeah, me too.

My rheumatologist said (when she first told me I probably had fibromyalgia - having done the ol' squeeze test) that I shouldn't get too hung up on the diagnosis - it was a "wastebasket term." Huh???? I assumed she meant that doctors will often dump any unexplained pain into that diagnosis. Generally, I've been very happy with my rheumatologist - she takes lupus seriously, and has never "pooh-poohed" my lupus symptoms. But her attitude about FMS seems a little cold.

In my local support group, two-thirds of the members have both lupus and FMS. It really IS difficult to tell whether the pains are FMS or lupus.

I hope the neurontin works for you!

Jody

WantItGone
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi WantitGone;
Like you, I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, and a few others. My doctor also did the pressure point test on me - she called it her FM torture chamber (I think that there are 17), of the 17, I had 14. Also, like you, each time that she touched one, I wanted to jump off of the table because it hurt so bad.
My FM has been flaring now for going on 5 months straight. I was finally referred to physical therapy to help with the pain. I am also taking Nortryptiline as well as baclofen (a muscle relaxer), and B-12 shots.
It is common for persons with Lupus to also have Fibromyalgia as an overlap disease. Often times, it is difficult for us to discern which pains are from Lupus and which pains are from Fibromyalgia.
You are not alone and there are many of us who are suffering from the same symptoms as you. I truly understand your frustration at not wanting to have another illness, which means more medication. I feel exactly the same way! So, we can support one another in this, oh so maddening mix of diseases!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Thanks saysusie! It's sooo amazing to me how many commonalities we all have. It's truly amazing and heartbreaking in a way. Why us?!? That's life huh? I'm also so shocked how many people had the exact same response with the "FM torture chamber." I didn't necessarily want to jump off the table but I sure did look @ her like "stop! that hurts." Lol. When she told me she'd only touched me there I thought she was lying for about 5 minutes. She's a really good rheumatologist. As I've said in other threads, I thought she was a bit overagressive. Now, I'm just forcing myself to appreciate her aggressiveness and concern for us lupus and fm sufferers. She told me the same thing, it's difficult to tell which pain is attributed to lupus and which one is because of fm. She told me to keep a diary and try to figure out what triggers the fm and lupus. So, I'll be doing that over the next few weeks. I picked up my Neurontin. I don't know how quickly it's supposed to work (if anyone knows, let me know. . . thanks in advance) but right now, I feel pretty good. My back hurts a bit but it's not enough to even complain.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling a bit better!!

WantItGone
05-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Awww hugs you guys, my heart is breaking for you. There's aline from a song that keeps repeating in my head...

Kickem when their up...kickem when their down.
:shock:

Enough already....it has to stop somewhere...no more for any of you, that's it. You're full.

hugssss
Susan

:D Lol. I love that song sits. . . thanks, I'll keep it in my head. I'm singing it now. :D

WantItGone
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
WantitGone, I'm sorry you had to join this particular party...yeah, me too.

My rheumatologist said (when she first told me I probably had fibromyalgia - having done the ol' squeeze test) that I shouldn't get too hung up on the diagnosis - it was a "wastebasket term." Huh???? I assumed she meant that doctors will often dump any unexplained pain into that diagnosis. Generally, I've been very happy with my rheumatologist - she takes lupus seriously, and has never "pooh-poohed" my lupus symptoms. But her attitude about FMS seems a little cold.

In my local support group, two-thirds of the members have both lupus and FMS. It really IS difficult to tell whether the pains are FMS or lupus.

I hope the neurontin works for you!

Jody

"Wastebasket term?!?" What the crap. That wasn't very sensitive. My rheumy is pretty good. She went into great detail about fm. I had a bit of an issue with the diagnosis yesterday simply because one of my colleagues (a fellow psychologist who has chron's disease) told me a while ago that fm is more of a "mental" diagnosis. She told me this because I was talking about another one of our colleagues and saying how badly I felt for her that she suffered from fm. I made a statement about the other colleague having a similiar disease as us (autoimmune). I originally though fm was one of the autoimmune disorders. So, she goes on to tell me that it isn't. I googled and found that she was correct. She really made a point of differentiating between lupus and fm saying lupus can be diagnosed using tests and fm couldn't. . . so, she believes it's more mental. So, I guess that's stuck in my head since then. When several people on this site suggested that I may have fm, I could only think of her statements.

But, thanks to you guys, my rheumy, and my own research, I now have a better understanding of fm. My rheumy explained that it's a reactive disorder. My fm is my body's way of reacting to lupus. She also explained that because of that, my body is extra sensitive because of nerve endings. Healthy people's nerve endings know a touch isn't painful whereas our nerve endings are so sensitive to pain that it hurts. I hope I explained (what my rheumy explained) that well. So, I'm cool with it. I know what I feel is pain. I'm also ok with the diagnosis because I now truly understand how much stress (whether it's physical or emotional) plays such an important role in how our body feels. I am stressed out. Can't go into detail but trust me, I think I've admitted over the past day that although I've told myself I'm not stressing, my body is letting me know. . . girl, you are truly stressing. Like I said, even if I'm not stressing 100% mentally, it's still physically stressful to deal with all that we have to deal with having lupus.

I'm so sorry that was so long. I feel so much better saying all of that. I can't tell you guys how good it feels to say these things and know you guys can truly relate. I love support groups!!!! Lol! Thanks you guys! Seriously, for all of the helpful advice, support, and just concern.

mnjodette
05-15-2008, 07:17 PM
WantitGone, I had never heard of FM described as a reactive disorder. Interesting. I don't think my rheumy doubts that FM is a 'real' disorder, but she really seems to want to keep the focus on the lupus. I have a lot of trouble sleeping - those painful areas are often really tender at night. My rheumy said that research is showing that FM not only makes sleeping difficult, but that a history of sleep problems can often contribute to the development of FM.

WantItGone
05-16-2008, 06:12 AM
WantitGone, I had never heard of FM described as a reactive disorder. Interesting. I don't think my rheumy doubts that FM is a 'real' disorder, but she really seems to want to keep the focus on the lupus. I have a lot of trouble sleeping - those painful areas are often really tender at night. My rheumy said that research is showing that FM not only makes sleeping difficult, but that a history of sleep problems can often contribute to the development of FM.

I've read the same, that people w/fm have a history of sleeping poblems. Thankfully, my sleep hasn't been disturbed. :) I'd be really irritated then. I love my sleep!

SwirlyGirly
05-16-2008, 09:21 AM
I think that is interesting that sleeping problems may have an impact. I actually had a doctor mention FM to me several years before my Rheumy. I was at a sleep clinic. I have several sleep disorders, sleep walking, severe night terrors, sleep paralysis, and intense insomnia. Now dealing with pain and trying to sleep... sheesh! At least the other crap only bothers me from time to time. Although I have to say, my doc put me on Nortriptyline, I am sleeping a bit better. YAY :D

Faith
05-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey Swirly Girl,

I just noticed you are from the Central Valley, CA. We are actually pretty close probably. What city are you from?

I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Faith 8)

WantItGone
05-17-2008, 06:34 PM
I think that is interesting that sleeping problems may have an impact. I actually had a doctor mention FM to me several years before my Rheumy. I was at a sleep clinic. I have several sleep disorders, sleep walking, severe night terrors, sleep paralysis, and intense insomnia. Now dealing with pain and trying to sleep... sheesh! At least the other crap only bothers me from time to time. Although I have to say, my doc put me on Nortriptyline, I am sleeping a bit better. YAY :D

Omg!! Wow swirly, that's a lot to deal with. I know we all have our ailments but I've said it before, if my sleep is disturbed I think I'm seriously going crazy! Sleep deprivation is something I seriously don't think I can deal with. I'm sooo happy the new med is helping you sleep better. Yay!!! :D

WantItGone
05-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey Swirly Girl,

I just noticed you are from the Central Valley, CA. We are actually pretty close probably. What city are you from?

I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Faith 8)

That's right Faith, rub it in . . . y'all are in warm and sunny California. Jk. I'm seriously envious! :D

SwirlyGirly
05-17-2008, 08:31 PM

Faith 8)

Hey Faith, I'm in Manteca. Where abouts are you? Are you handling the heat okay? I've already had heat exhaustion! Sheesh!

sick n tired
05-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey WantItGone,

I am a member of the fms club, too. I was told by a doctor that fms is what he likes to refer as "crazy woman's disease" then he proceeded to laugh like his joke was funny :mad: My hubby just sat there. You know the scenes on the sitcoms where you hear crickets chirping :shock: , well that was basically our response. I never went back.

Your colleague doesn't know what he is talking about. If this pain is all in my head then please somebody give me a lobotomy.

At the moment, I am not taking anything for fms. I was taking cyclobenzaprine or fiberflex? but now I am off and the doc is focusing on some of the other problems.

Well, I do hope that this finds you feeling better. I hope that the neurontin is working.

-Karen-

Faith
05-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey Want It Gone,

Trust me when I say I am not so rubbing it in that we live in "sunny" California. Nothing to be seriously envious!!! We jump from 5 days of 75 degrees to 102.

We hit 102 yesterday almost beating a record 105. Today, it was 100 with 42% humidity. It's never humid here though I feel like I am living in the mid-west with the humidity. Ugh!! We usually have dry heat.

Seeking someplace cool and dry! lol.

Faith

sick n tired
05-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Well Faith, If that is what you seek, then I doubt you will be moving by me anytime soon....my mother says that Texas is over the blow holes of he11. :lol: There is a saying here and obviously in your neck of the woods, also and it is: if you don't like the weather, wait a few hours (sometimes minutes), it'll change. That is true except in the hottest part of summer when it is just plain sweltering.

Wantiit gone, Where are you from?

Faith
05-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi SwirlyGirly,

You are just up the road from me. I am in Bakersfield. Yes, we are definately "baking." How are you handling the heat? I wish I could afford to live by the coast.

I am definately not handling it. Dehydrated, and heat exhaustion!! I made tuna sandwiches for dinner the other night; no energy. I used to love the Summer when I would swim in the pool to cool off. It's too sunny to swim in the day, and the pool is too cold in the evenings. Legs are hurting and painful, and fibro is acting up in the lower back, hips and buttocks.

How hot was it in Manteca today? I am thinking very close to what we have been at 100-102 with humidity. How are you doing? Do you have the Lupus myalgias with the heat? Not that I wish anyone to have it; I hope you are pain free.

Faith
05-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi Karen,

Many Oklahomans and Texans live in Bakersfield and say the heat is similar except for our heat is usually dry heat.

How do you stand it? At least we don't have the humidity all Summer long like you do. Still, I really hate the Summer being fully clothed and all in 102-115 degrees. Sheesh!!

What part of Texas are you from? I have some friends in Texas. What are you doing up so late?????

Faith

WantItGone
05-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Hey Want It Gone,

Trust me when I say I am not so rubbing it in that we live in "sunny" California. Nothing to be seriously envious!!! We jump from 5 days of 75 degrees to 102.

We hit 102 yesterday almost beating a record 105. Today, it was 100 with 42% humidity. It's never humid here though I feel like I am living in the mid-west with the humidity. Ugh!! We usually have dry heat.

Seeking someplace cool and dry! lol.

Faith

Ok, no longer envious. Lol. Hope the humidity dies down.

Saysusie
05-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Faith;
I'm with you about "Sunny California". It was 105 today in the high desert and we have absolutely NO HUMIDITY whatsoever! It just scorches and burns when you breathe.
What I would give for a nice moist breeze!!! lol

Saysusie

sick n tired
05-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey Faith,

What am I doing up so late???? Sometimes the pain keeps me up. Right now I am exhausted, but can't seem to sleep.

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex....closer to Ft Worth, though.
Very hot here....The heat for me is debilitating. I get so tired and weak if I am out in it too long. Sorry to hear that there are parts of the California Paridise state that are just the same as here. What a bummer.

Hubby and I visited CA last spring. We went to the mountains. It was so cool and beautiful there. We went through wine country...got some wine...mmmmm....so good. Watched the sunset on the beach with our wine. Very relaxing...but then we had to go back to reality and home.
We then flew back via San Francisco. Very pretty there, but very expensive.

I am going to Disney World on Thursday...it should be fun, but I am uncertain how I am going to handle it. Hubby and I feel that I might need a wheel chair for some of the time. Just walking in the mall taking my 14 yr old shopping seems to do me in. How am I going to be able to handle 7 days of fun and sun...I don't want to rain on the family's parade and be the downer...maybe it will all work out.

Well, I hope that it cools off soon for you guys...maybe some rain

Karen

SwirlyGirly
05-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey sick n tired, do you know you can get a note from your doctor saying you have lupus, you can get a front of the line pass at disneyworld and disneyland? I would recommend getting the wheel chair. If you don't need it great, but if you do want it it will be a blessing!

Faith, yes it was 102! Where did the humidity come from?? I used to live in Louisiana and I thought I left that sticky sweaty stuff there! I stayed indoors all day. I've been really achey everywhere. I even sat in a cool bath tub for an hour just to escape a bit. I hate the summer!! I'm already planning a trip to Seattle to visit my brother this summer!

Want it gone: have you done more research on FM? I know it gets intimidating and takes a while to mentally adjust. Hang in there!! *soft hugs*

sick n tired
05-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey Swirlygirly,

I didn't know that a note would do that. We are thinking about getting a wheelchair and taking my cane. I feel soooooo old talking about that... I think that they rent them there. I will be seeing my rheumy Tuesday and I will ask him for the note. hehehe feels like I am back in grade school needing a note from my doc...

WantItGone
05-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Hey sick n tired, do you know you can get a note from your doctor saying you have lupus, you can get a front of the line pass at disneyworld and disneyland? I would recommend getting the wheel chair. If you don't need it great, but if you do want it it will be a blessing!

Faith, yes it was 102! Where did the humidity come from?? I used to live in Louisiana and I thought I left that sticky sweaty stuff there! I stayed indoors all day. I've been really achey everywhere. I even sat in a cool bath tub for an hour just to escape a bit. I hate the summer!! I'm already planning a trip to Seattle to visit my brother this summer!

Want it gone: have you done more research on FM? I know it gets intimidating and takes a while to mentally adjust. Hang in there!! *soft hugs*

hey swirly,

right now, as we speak, i'm not only intimidated i'm irritated. i feel like crap. i have so much work to do and i'm just tired. tired and achy. my rheumy told me to try and distinguish lupus aches from fm aches. right now, i think it's lupus. just feels like it's mostly in my joints. but, the fatigue and just feeling of being worn down i'm wondering if that's attributed to fm. i do know my period is coming so i'm wondering if this is all attributed to the whole luteal phase. ugghhh!! i'm having a bad morning. hope you're feeling okay.

in answer to your question, i have done a bit of research. faith recommended a book, i went to borders and looked for it. i didn't find that exact book but found a bunch of others discussing lupus and fm. i'll go to barnes and noble today to look for the one faith recommended.

sits_inthe_corner
05-19-2008, 06:32 AM
hugsss WantItGone

Sorry you are feeling so crappy:( gentle hugs to ya.

SwirlyGirly
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Want It Gone: I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy! For me there is so much cross over between the lupus and the FM I don't know what causes what most of the time. Since both lupus and FM can cause extreme fatigue, I dunno.

These book makers need to get smart and start doing books on tape of lupus and FM books. They would sell tons because most of us are just too tired to actually read the books!

I'm having a very slow morning. My feet feel like they are fused in concrete. I can't move my toes and I'm walking like Frankenstein's monster. I'm dreading trying to put shoes on. I'm glad I just have one meeting today and I'm done. Too bad the meeting is an hour away. At least the weather is supposed to be only 99 today. YAY. It is even supposed to cool off later in the week to the 70's again!

Sending you great soft hugs and I hope you feel better as the day goes on!

WantItGone
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Want It Gone: I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy! For me there is so much cross over between the lupus and the FM I don't know what causes what most of the time. Since both lupus and FM can cause extreme fatigue, I dunno.

These book makers need to get smart and start doing books on tape of lupus and FM books. They would sell tons because most of us are just too tired to actually read the books!

I'm having a very slow morning. My feet feel like they are fused in concrete. I can't move my toes and I'm walking like Frankenstein's monster. I'm dreading trying to put shoes on. I'm glad I just have one meeting today and I'm done. Too bad the meeting is an hour away. At least the weather is supposed to be only 99 today. YAY. It is even supposed to cool off later in the week to the 70's again!

Sending you great soft hugs and I hope you feel better as the day goes on!

Aww! I'm sorry. I am soooo totally agreeing w/you about the tapes. Not because I'm too tired to read but it'd just be more convienient. I feel really good today. I hate to even say that seeing that you're feeling crappy. My back doesn't hurt, no major aches, and I'm energetic. Thank God. I told my husband, I'm just treating this illness as a minute by minute thing. Not even day by day. It changes that drastically. So, I'm just thanking God for this many hours. :) Hope you feel better sweetie!!

WantItGone
05-20-2008, 01:11 PM
hugsss WantItGone

Sorry you are feeling so crappy:( gentle hugs to ya.

Thank you for the gentle hugs!! They worked. :) I feel awesome today. I have minor aches but that's something I can totally deal with now. As long as I don't have that nagging back & neck pain, I'm alllll good. Lol. So, I'm better today. Hope you're feeling well today!

DrinkofWtr
05-21-2008, 11:40 AM
I tried to take Zoloft, but couldn't tolerate it and kept getting diarrhea. Not sure of the spelling! Even had an episode at work, not good. Will try another med for fibromyalgia. See Dr. today. Seems like the side effects are worse than the cure on these meds.

There's always something to keep you hopping!

Faith
05-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi Saysusie,

Yikes, 105 in the desert!!! I feel for you soooo much!!! This is the time of year I live on Crystal Light Slurpees.

I was dreaming a nice cool breeze along with an indoor misting system. lol.

It's nice tonight (75). It's supposed to last through the weekend. I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Faith

Faith
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi Swirlygirl,

Are you getting any relief in Manteca? It's nice tonight; and I absolutely love it!!!! I just wish it would last all Summer. It was really sticky last weekend; I am not used to it.

I hope you are feeling better and keep us updated.

Faith 8)

Faith
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey Want It Gone,

I am glad to hear you are feeling better!! It's nice to have a "good" day once in a while; just don't overdo it. You end up paying for it.

What is it like where you live? Hot, cool, hot and humid?

Faith 8)

Faith
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey Karen,

I hope you are feeling well and ready for your trip to Disneyworld.

I totally understand about the sleep. There are nights it's due to pain, and many other nights I just can't fall asleep. It's not fun!! At least I have company. lol.

Take care,

Faith

Saysusie
05-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi Faith;
Our hot temperatures were very short-lived. Probably just a clue as to what our summer is going to be like :lol:
Today (Thursday), it is cold, windy, and raining! Go figure. Tomorrow will probably be sunny, with temperatures reaching 112...who knows. The weather has been so unpredictable this entire year.
I am feeling a bit better...finally. Thank you so much for asking.
How are you feeling? Well, I hope!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Faith
05-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi Saysusie,

The weather has been heavenly since the cooler weather came in. We did have the rain; more like a Washington downpour. lol. I swished to the car in my sandals; got in and looked like a drowned rat. Water dripping from my face onto the carseat.

Though, the weather has been nice. I am praying it will stay nice for another 3 weeks; I know it's a dream. lol. My eyes haven't been as dried out in the cooler weather; so that's a positive. When we had that heat wave; I was actually considering duct plugs.

How are you feeling? I hope okay.

I have been okay; ups and downs. Everyone knows how that is. I take Klonopin for Fibro; though I can only get 7 hours of sleep per night. Then I am fatigued by the afternoon. I do not like the wall of fog!!

Talk to you soon and take care,

Faith

WantItGone
09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey all!!

I'm having trouble again. I don't know, I'm taking neurontin 3 xs per day, flexerill twice a day (my rheumy told me to take it once @ bed time but my back hurts so much so I decided to take it in the morning and at bed time), and darvocet as needed. It just seems like I shouldn't be still experiencing all of this back pain w/all of the meds. I'm so depressed about it. It's just irritating and nagging. Any suggestions about alternative medications?

WantItGone
09-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Well, I went to my rheumy. Just got back in fact. She increased my dosage of neurontin from 100 mg 3 xs per day to 300 mg 3 xs per day and said I can take the flexerill 3 xs per day. So, just wanted to update you guys. Hopefully it helps!