PDA

View Full Version : Cute story that happened today

SwirlyGirly
05-12-2008, 07:19 PM
I work with children with autism. I consult within the family's home. This one little girl that I've been working with for a bit over a year is finally learning to talk! She has been able to imitate sounds and words for a while now, but hasn't been using them on her own. She is 6 years old.

Today I was out with her and I have dime sized lupus rash on my arm. She gave me a hug like always, then stopped me, pulled me down to her. She lightly touched my arm and looked up at me and said "ouchies". It was so cute! Her mother cried. She immediately got out her baby book and wrote in her first word as Ouchies.

Just thought I'd share... :lol:

Saysusie
05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
That is such a precious story! And to think, her first words were empathetic words to you! That was, for you, a blessings in several different ways.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

ColleenT
05-13-2008, 12:06 PM
First words are always so special and precious but this is doubly so!! It is indeed such a cute little story. Thanks for sharing it!
All the best
Colleen

rob
05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Thats really a nice story. And her first word was noticing someone else's hurt. That's really something special.

sits_inthe_corner
05-13-2008, 02:00 PM
That truely is special.

I miss working with children. I left the field when I felt my body starting to betray me. Moments like that one you hold in your heart forever.

Stick with it Swirly...it's such a wonderful way to spend your days. Alot of hard work, but certainly worth it :)

Razzleberry
05-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Ah swirly that brought a tear to my eye.

Pretti in Pink
05-13-2008, 04:19 PM
that is inspiring, it's always nice to see the fruits of your labor.

Pearl
05-13-2008, 04:22 PM
beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

Jana