PDA

View Full Version : Pain meds and pain tolerance

SwirlyGirly
05-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Hello all,

I'm curious if other have problems with pain medications not doing anything for you? Yes I have lupus, have for 22 years. But when I broke my foot not one single pain med they tried me on did anything. The pharmacist accused me of drug seeking when my fantastic doc kept trying new meds. I brought him the full bottles to prove that I tried just a few of each drug and nothing worked! This has happened repeatedly I'm used to it by now, but I'm just curious is this just me, or is it common with lupus?

dede96
05-10-2008, 09:04 PM
I am immune to alot of the prescribed pain meds. I don't even get them filled anymore after a hospitalization, and I don't ever ask the dr. for them anymore. Unfortunately, since I quit breathing the last time I was on dilauded at the hospital, morphine is the only drug they can give me and that doesn't work as well when I am really bad.

sits_inthe_corner
05-11-2008, 01:44 AM
I was having leg spasms a few months ago. It was horrific. Day and night constant jarring spasms.

My doctor prescribed a drug to help ease the spasms and I was warned by both her and the pharmasist how strong these pills were. I was scared to take them. So I waited till the weekend so that if I over slept it wouldn't be a big deal.

Nothing :shock: notta zip...no relief. I took the pills back down to the drug store and asked them to dispose of them for me. She asked if I was going back to the doctor. I said no...what's the point...if that's supposed to be the end all be all and it did NOTHING why bother, I'm went home and lived in the bathtub for a few days.

Also any drug I've tried for controlling the swelling has failed as well.