PDA

View Full Version : great treatment for swollen fingers~

carlau
08-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey all
I got my mom to buy me a paraffin wax bath for the hands a couple xmases ago. she had a hard time tracking it down and it was about $40.

imagine my surprise :o
when i was out shopping the other day and came upon a smaller version, bunches of them on a shelf at bed bath adn beyond! only $10! so i bought a small one. the one i have is big and it takes a long time to heat up the wax so i can use it.

when my joints are really swollen and hurting, it helps. the heat feels really nice and sometimes i can even see a difference in the joints after a few go-rounds with the wax. :roll:

anything to cut down on the amount of drugs i'm ingesting!
Carla

Saysusie
08-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi Carlau;
I had heard about the paraffin wax alleviating the swelling and pain in fingers and hands. Thanx so much for the information!! Yes, anything that helps is good to know about :P

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

carlau
08-30-2004, 09:14 PM
i use it on my feet too! (wash them first....) :D

carlau
09-13-2004, 10:33 PM
i've noticed when i regularly take fish oil (1 cap a day) i need lots less advil. i take a lot of advil sometimes because of joint pain in my hands and upper body, but have been having less pain of late since i started taking the fish oil again

Juliepoo
09-21-2004, 04:45 AM
A friend of mine has RA as do I, but I am lucky enough to have lupus also :?
Anyway, our doctor prescribed one of those wax machines to her and she got it with our insurance. I am going to ask him for one as well, as she swears by it. Mabye you can also go this route.
Julie

carlau
09-22-2004, 10:47 PM
i already ahve 2 of them but that is good to know for other folks that insurance will maybe pay!!!
if not, bed bath adn beyond ahs them for only $10! wahoO!