PDA

View Full Version : SITC

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 09:55 AM
SITC, I see you sniffing around, reading about...like I have..

How did your dinner that Friday so many weeks back with your sister go?

A diagnose yet...?

Do tell..

Tight hugs,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
05-09-2008, 12:31 PM
:drinking:

I was a wreck I tell ya! Like ya say I'm just rolling around on the carpet right now drinking in the site. I'll play catch up later when I get home. Lots to say and lots to ask...take care hugsssssssssssssss

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Need a little bond-o, SITC?

I missed you. I can't wait to read you...hugs with an Sssssssssss.

L.,
O

sits_inthe_corner
05-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Dang it's good to be back...

Well I had supper with my sister. Talked her into going back to the doctors. She's been for blood work and Xrays and a scan. Just waiting on results. Though our family doctor said she doesn't think her lupus has reactivated. She thinks it's more like injuries from jogging and such. My sister is a health nut. Hopefully she'll back off the jogging ... there are other things she can do.

We had a good talk. She's at a loss as to why I didn't know mom knew she had lupus. She truly wasn't trying to keep anything a "secret". I believe her.

It just breaks my heart, I wish I had known. I've been playing the "if I had known I could have........" game. I know it gets me no where, but we all do it anyway.

As for a diagnosis...NOT. My family doctor didn't like the new rhuemy that was picked out for me. It's not who she had requested and she said non of her other patients who have gone to that one have stayed with her. So she asked me if I would mind waiting.

When I finished laughing......I said, "Wait?" It was going to take me untill November to be able to see her anyway. So I'm staying with stinky face.....for now. I have an appointment May 28th, we'll see what happens.

Supper time here...so fill me in on how you've been doing. I'll continue to play catchup when I get back from supper.

Hugsssss to the rest of yas and start typing your stories :lol:

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey you..

And hey, it is great to read you, diagnosed or not...Oh no, not Stinky Face....I have an appointment with my dead stare, wax figure Rhuema...on the 28th too and also with my Gastro.

As you know my Mum died 13 years ago. I still do the IF's thing. I make myself stop, because I was who I was then. Naive, thought my Mum would never die. I thought I was asking the right questions..how big, how long,
...statistics. I was in denial about her dying The IFs are, well IF I have made her get a third and fourth opinion...if I said lets go to Europe. IF... I excepted she was dying, maybe I could have said a real, real goodbye.

But after I say each, I follow it up with, I did what I knew and I can't change it..guilt is a hard load to carry on the heart..it is more weight than carrying an elephant on our back. We did or didn't do because of what we did or didn't know...

Hugs...with the SSSSSSSSSSSS
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
05-09-2008, 02:49 PM
And you are very right.

I loved my mother very much and I know she loved me too. In the end that's what's important.

How have you been feeling over all? You sound perky! or should that be...you read perky? LOL

My last couple of blood tests have come back with a negative ANA. I'm still on the plaquenil. But I think I'll be off it come the end of the month. I'm not going to wear my compression socks for three days before my rhuemy appointment. I want to make a point with her that the plaquenil isn't doing anything for me.

The compression socks and the knee brace are some of the things that have been helping me to function....not the plaquenil. She seems to be demented enough to think that if she puts me on a drug then it must be working for me.

I wish it was, but neither the pain nor the swelling have changed any. Well I'm off to cruise the boards hahahahahaha. Catch up with ya there.

mnjodette
05-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Hellllooooo SITC! So good to 'see' you! I'm so glad you and your sister are on good terms...and that she may not really have a lupus flare going on.

Don't be hard on yourself about your Mom. You loved her...she loved you....you did all you knew how to do. I always wish I had done more to make my Mom's...and my Dad's....last weeks (days...hours) better for them. Wish I had said some things...wish I had NOT said some things. But, I loved them and they knew that - they loved me, and I knew that. That's what matters, right? So, celebrate your relationships, like the one with your sister. Your Mom would be proud!

Jody

sits_inthe_corner
05-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Hugsss Jody

Glad you found your way home! What sort of trouble have you been getting into?

Cant take our eyes off each other for a second. Wonder if saysusie is still planted on the couch.

Pearl
05-10-2008, 06:11 AM
So happy for you that your dinner with sis went well. Perhaps IT has not returned to her.....what a wonderful thing!

I am truly sorry the Plaquenil has not worked for you, and I truly hope you get some answers soon.

It's good to be back...isn't it???? :)

sits_inthe_corner
05-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Hugssss Pearl

Glad you made it back? How have you been? Fill us in! Or perhaps you have on another post that I haven't made it to yet :lol:

Good to see ya.

mnjodette
05-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey SITC! We've been busy getting ready for spring - just starting to warm up here. Hubby is outside working on an old boat that's going up for sale. It's been sitting in our yard since he sold his parent's lake place 3 or 4 years ago! Listening to the peepers in the evening; watching the deer eat every blade of grass that comes up :mad: I like deer, but I wish they didn't act like living lawn mowers.

Sorry the plaquenil isn't doing it for you. I wonder what that means for a potential diagnosis? And you still have to see Stinky Face?! :shock: I know that's not high on your list of things to look forward to. Hope your GP finds you a really good rheumy the next time.

Jody

sits_inthe_corner
05-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Hugssss Jody,

I'm so relieved that spring is finally here. My joints aren't as sore now that the deep cold of winter has moved off.

I love the deer too. I can watch them at my sisters. They umm like her veggitable garden. Hahahahahaha

Sold my tent trailer a few years ago. While I miss camping I dont really miss hauling that thing around and setting it up and taking it down. Still felt like there was house work to do!

My cherry tree still hasn't bloomed but the magnolia tree is now blooming :)

Cold and rainy week end here. So no gardening.

I scared to death to be on medications. The more I think about it the worse I get. I think I need to curl up in a corner and suck my thumb for a bit.

I'm tired of doctor's and tests and pills and pain.

Wow where did that come from...oops sorry ... usually I can sense when I'm going to a whine party.

I'll just do it one step at a time. Next step is the appointment with stinky face.

giggle.

mnjodette
05-10-2008, 03:55 PM
SITC, if you can't whine here, where can you whine, huh? We'll all have a whine party right with you. Gotta' do that once in a while, I think.

Here's a personal favorite from my "whine" cellar:

I AM SO SICK OF PILLS I COULD $%#&!!! :twisted: :twisted:

There...now you aren't having your 'whine' alone!

Jody

NoodleMom
05-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi sitc,
Im glad that the dinner with your sister went well. Is she older or younger than you?

I have two sisters who are older than me. I am the baby of the family, I have been away from "home" now for six years. We are taking a vacation, first in over 7 years and we are going to go back "home" for part of it. I am so excited. I wonder if I will have grown up in their eyes? I am 47 after all.

We have been follow my HubbyMans job as it moves to differing states. After our vacation we are relocating to Indana. Never been there before. I am looking forward to it. Sort of a new begining, a fresh start. WE went thru so much while we lived here, it will be nice to sorta just kick the dirt of my heels and begin anew.

We will be tent camping for two of the three weeks that we are gone. WE are taking our children to the Black Hills/ Mt. Rushmore area. Should be fun.

K

sits_inthe_corner
05-14-2008, 03:04 PM
NoodleMom

Yes she is my "older" sister heehee, I'm the baby of the family too. I'm 48 so I'm kind of a grey headed wrinkly baby :lol:

Ty for sharing my whine party Jody :drinking: heehee I hate to whine alone.

NoodleMom
05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
got a few of them old grey hairs myself

mnjodette
05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Whew...you guys are just 'babies'....I've got 10 years on you....and a whole LOT of gray hair (well covered by my 'colorist' however!) I think if they are called 'colorist' then they can charge more for covering the gray hairs! :lol: :lol: