PDA

View Full Version : Missed you...

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Without you all it felt like....

It was like a thunderous day, the sky is clapping, the clouds are shedding rivers of rain... then the freakin' power goes out. Now what does a girl do :shock:

Missed you, and you and you too...
Love,
Oluwa

My email address is to anyone...except spammers! I have a spam block, BTW spammers. But anyway, it is deleted by me.

hatlady
05-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Oluwa, I felt lonely without the board too! Even though my time's been so limited lately, knowing it was "out of service" made me feel very cut off.

So glad I had Saysusie's e-mail, she said she'd heard from many of us. At least I knew that we'd be able to get back together again soon.

This board is a lifeline, a support in times of need, a place to laugh with friends, and a place to just be US.

We are so lucky to have Saysusie, Conrad (Beloved Administrator) and each other - -

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Hatlady,

I too was glad I had Saysusie's address. I think not knowing would have been difficult, punching the web address in and getting, error, error, error...not knowing, gone forever, where, what, who....?@#$%!

I just had to be patient. I can only imagine those who didn't have a contact it must have been hard. Hopefully soon, they will pile back in...I missed you, them..him, her....

Hugs,
Marijo

rob
05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
It's so good to be back. I missed you guys!

Saysusie
05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Wonderful to be back. I have to send a huge "THANK YOU!" to Conrad who works so hard on this site and who put us in the front of the line to be back up and running (he has about 30 boards that all went down). We have to recognize how many hours it takes for him to get a new server, get the boards back up and even give us a new look! He says that there are more changes to come, so I'm jazzed about that!

You are all correct, being away from each other is like saying goodbye to a loved-one! But, we're home....we're back........time for GROUP HUGS!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm in the group hug...an Oluwa head hug for everyone..squeeze..

Saysusie...I did notice the new main page. but I was so excited it was up..my eyes darted up, down, left, right...discussion boards...ah ha...

I will go take another look. New things to come? Chat room?....in suspense...

Love,
O.

Shyce
05-09-2008, 02:42 PM
i was really worried when i noticed the site wasn't working, still after 3 days. i was missing the board so much. i didnt have anyone's email. then rob found me through some googling, then emailed me. so i was in touch with him a bit. also heard from saysusie as well. it was comforting at least knowing what was going on and that we would be back together soon.

and here we are. im a happy camper now.

sits_inthe_corner
05-09-2008, 03:32 PM
:shock:

Joins the group hug :BIG:

I freaked! Then I started searching hahahaha.

I found a blog and left a question, and Conrad was kind enough to answer.

Then I was relieved to know that things would be back.

But then I worried about you all...did you know it would be back...how were you all doing.

I was kicking my self for not giving out my email address. Fortunately Rob found me bouncing around on a cold and barren lupus message board. What a horrid place that was. *shiver

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh you poor thing, SITC and Rob too..looking for love, anywhere. Nothing is like family love, eh...

Here share my binky...

L.,
O

rob
05-09-2008, 04:09 PM
SITC, you took the words right out of my mouth. I've been to Morgues that have more warmth and personality. We are truly fortunate to have this website, and each other. The mod at the other site who scolded me had the personality of Lurch. Seemed like they enjoyed throwing their weight around rather than helping people communicate with each other. Oh well, that's enough about that. It's so good to be back!

rob
05-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh you poor thing, SITC and Rob too..looking for love, anywhere. Nothing is like family love, eh...

Here share my binky...

L.,
O
Lookin for love in all the wrong places....

I always liked the phrase "Any port in a storm". But now, I am officially no longer a fan, and I intend to send the author of that phrase a strongly worded letter.

sits_inthe_corner
05-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I wonder if I'ld get locked out of the other icky sited for posting this one...hmmmm I just feel so bad for those folks. Asking questions that can take weeks to get a response let alone an answer or any encouragement.

Oh and NO sense of humor over there....YIKES

hahahaha my spelling and typing hasn't emproved at all!

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Rob, who, who were those people. Where is that Lurch...I'll take care of him...http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0057.gif (http://www.condoroptions.com)

Pretti in Pink
05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Glad the site is back up and hope all is well with everyone. Old saying still stands, "you don't miss something until it's gone".

sits_inthe_corner
05-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Oluwa,

When things first started going wrong for me, I found a message board for arthritis. It was warm and friendly ... they had other message boards there for lupus and fibro and depression and a bunch of other stuff.

But it's a very strict and restrictive site.

The lupus board is horrific. Sad lonely and hopeless. Lots of questions and very little response.

mnjodette
05-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Geez, I'm so glad I didn't 'stray' into the other lupus site! I did 'experiment' with other sites long ago, before I found WHL. Not a good experience. We are sooooooo lucky here! Thank you Saysusie and Beloved Admin for making us such a safe and warm place to share.

Jody

Faith
05-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Jody,

How did your dr's appt go? Did you get a chance to ask about the Klonopin?

Just curious. I hope you are feeling better and getting some sleep.

Faith

mnjodette
05-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi, Faith. I answered about the doctor's appt. in your other post...it went well!!! I'm hopeful! What I learned about the Klonopin is that it's the same drug as neurontiin, which I was on for a long time. It made me sleepy at first, and helped with the nerve pain from my neuropathy, but then it didn't work any longer. So, no answer for my sleeplessness, unfortunately. But, I do still have my prescription for Ambien, and I use it when I've had too many sleepless nights. I take a Lortab when the pains are bad, but even that doesn't really make me very sleepy. I guess I have an over-stimulated nervous system or something. I just can't shut off my brain. Someone told me that some amino acids work to 'calm' those signals from your brain. I haven't learned anything about that, though.

Jody

rob
05-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Rob, who, who were those people. Where is that Lurch...I'll take care of him...http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0057.gif (http://www.condoroptions.com)

Oh, I took care of him already Oluwa. I used an old Jedi Mind-Trick on him. You know, the Force can have a strong influence on the weak minded. It also works well with rude people on the internet.

Saysusie
05-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Jody;
You are most welcome! But, mostly, it is all of you who make this forum what it is...so I should be thanking all of you!

THANX!!!!!

Saysusie

admin
05-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi Oluwa,
Would suggest you take down the email address - or put it in your signature. Robots harvest email addresses, but signatures are only visible to registered members.

mnjodette
05-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Robots??? Harvest email???? Now THAT sounds like Science Fiction ('cept it's not fiction.... :shock: ) Good advice, Beloved Admin! Thanks.