PDA

View Full Version : Woo...hooooo We Are Family..Sing with me...

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 06:54 AM
We Are Family by Sister Sledge and a little tweaking by me...add Brothers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6F3Sf-PGw

We are family
I've got all my sisters and Brothers with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing!
We are family
I've got all my sisters and brothers with me
We are family

Everyone can see we're together
as we walk on by.
And we fly just like birds of a feather
and we'll tell no lie.
All of the people around us they say
can they be that close.
Just let me state for the record
we're giving lovin a family dose

We are family
We are family
We are family
We are family

Living life is fun and we've just begun to get our share
of this world's delights
High hopes we had for the future
and our goals in sight
No we don't get depressed here's what we call our golden rules
have faith in you and the things you do
you won't go wrong oh no
this is our family view

We are family
We are family
We are family
I've got all my sisters with me
We are family

We are family
We are family
We are family
We are family

mnjodette
05-09-2008, 06:59 AM
YEAH!!! Thanks, Oluwa....GREAT to hear from you!!!!

I can't hear that song in my head without thinking of the final scene in "The Birdcage" (can you picture Gene Hackman in that white dress, strolling out of the Club? Hilarious!)

So good to have our 'family' back together. My hubby just said "You're in heaven with your lupus buddies back, aren't you?" That 'bout sums it up!

So wassup, friends? I'm waiting to hear allllll the news!

J.

TERIOD
05-09-2008, 08:05 AM
I am not getting up at eight oclock in the morning and singin a forty year old disco song, my wife and son would have me committed, let alone what the cats would do to me :onfire: :multi: :onfire: :BIG:

Hi yall glad to see ya back

Razzleberry
05-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Oluwa, although my posts are few and far between I feel connected to you ...and others here ...through your posts. I missed your daily updates and your upbeat attitude. It's good to have the site back. I promise to try to post more often and particiapte more than before. "You don't know what you've got til it's gone" :D

mnjodette
05-09-2008, 08:17 AM
I second that, Mrs. Murdena. Oluwa's posts are always a day brightener (or an eye opener!) It was hard to be away so long....

Good to hear from you!

Jody

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Back at yas...

We are like a candy necklace..remember those. Sticky elastic string around your neck with half ate candy circles.

We are like a candy necklace...all strung together. Full of goodness, sweet...and stuck on one another...

Teroid...ah shake it, go for it. I will vouch for you. Not nutty, just crazy from life and fun....bob that head....

Hugs, tight hugs till you gasp for air..
Oluwa

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 10:14 AM
MrsMurdena..

I would love to read more of you.

Hey, write in code..no will recognize you. But first PM us the deciphering code or will the one in my box of Capt n Crunch work?

Hugs,
Oluwa.

rob
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM
MrsMurdena..

I would love to read more of you.

Hey, write in code..no will recognize you. But first PM us the deciphering code or will the one in my box of Capt n Crunch work?

Hugs,
Oluwa.

I've heard that the Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring works much better than that Captain Crunch thing.

Razzleberry
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Oluwa, How so like you to care and to invite me to share my stories. I'll have to work on a code for us ...pig latin being the only one to come to mind quickly and everybody knows that, so won't work. I'll give it some thought.

I tried mightily to taper off your "scaryoids" ;-) and managed a whole week without them but got blindsided by a flare that I'm still trying to climb back from a month later. I am discouraged.

Now neuropathy has reared it's head and I seem to be going numb bit by bit by bit ~sigh~ I'm trying to remain upbeat tho and I know others are far sicker than me.

How are you managing now? Did you get back to seeing a decent rheumy (shame on that doc who was so insensitive to you!) and did you get all your female issues and stomach nasties resolved? Thinking of you and wishing you a healthy day. How was your brother's visit?

Saysusie
05-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Oluwa;

I am singing with you gurlfren :multi: :turn-l: I know I do not need to say how much I missed my family here. I was kinda lost there for a while; didn't know what to do with my self and felt, truly, disconnected! That was no fun!

Teroid;
As c'mon...sing with us. Your cats may even join in as a kind of meow chorus. How are you doing? We haven't had an update from you for a while. I hope that you are managing well.

Ms. Murdena;
It is always good to see your posts. I'm sorry that you have not been doing so well. Oluwa is a wonderful listener, so I know that you will feel safe sharing with her!

I am so happy that we are up and running again...welcome back to everyone!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Or maybe the Ovaltine decoder, from the Christmas story...Rob...

MrsMurdena..oh, no...a month ouch. You don't have to buck up, just because someone may have it worse. Pain is pain...big or small. Many things can magnify even a pin prick. Just knowing we have IT is enough...hugs.

I know keeping positive will keep the disease from feeding off our stress and woes so that is a good thing for you...

I have indeed lined up an appointment, with my original Rheumatologist. Maybe he and I can have a long talk about our relationship. Searchings for a new one, and after that encounter with the callus one...and along with all the search for others it wears me out.

I am dosing for 3 months with Prometrium for the girly thing, hoping it will thin the lining. Gosh, it does wonders for my sleep. Who knew. I researched it and many women say the same thing...snoring...loving it.

And my hopper, still working on it. They dilated my esophagus, that helped tremendously..took a few biopsies and I completed a Gastric Nuke test Wednesday..result on the 28th...

Taking anything for your neuropathy? Neurotin? The B's, vitamins? Elavil?

Hugs,
Oluwa

mnjodette
05-09-2008, 11:39 AM
OOO Mrs. Murdena, I'm sorry you are struggling with a neuropathy. I have the numb-knee thing going on, too (neuropathy) and now occasionally feet, toes. I was on neurontin for a while and it helped quite a lot (stopped helping after a while, though.) Have you tried that? I believe Lyrica is the same drug - another name. Wish we could all post here in comfort, but I know what you mean....some risk of 'detection.'

rob
05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Oluwa,

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine, and don't shoot your eye out.

TERIOD
05-09-2008, 12:47 PM
They're singin now
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa164/teriod/cats/cats052.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa164/teriod/cats/cats078.jpg

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Saysusie..
How did you slip by me? I like Sister Sledge. I added brothers in the typed lyrics. The beat got me jazz this morning..wooohoo. Reminds me of the disco nights and big hair....

MrsMurdena...you can PM me too or email....

Rob...I liked that show so much, we bought the DVD. With our DVD collections and dolls, games and stuff animals one would think a kid lived in the house. Mine, all mine. I have PS2. When my nephews were here that asked my husband if they could use it, he said you would have to ask Auntie...surprised they were...

L.,
O

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 01:27 PM
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0003.gif (http://www.condoroptions.com)

Woohooo.. party....

Rob, are you the one with the blue mohawk and red balloon?

Razzleberry
05-09-2008, 02:28 PM
mnjodette ...I have the numb knee and numb heels and fingers ..weirdest feeling. Seems to be spreading. I was on neurontin for siatica and as far as I could tell it did nothing but screw with my head. Go for the EMG on Wed so we'll see what that says.

Oluwa ...just might take you up on your offer to email or PM ...I just feel strange putting private info like the above out there for anyone to read. But then I want to participate and contribute my 2 cents worth to the discussion here too ...a conundrum.

sits_inthe_corner
05-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi MrsMurdena :D

I'm glad that you have come foreward. Share what you please, it's just nice to you with us.

I was taken aback when I first realized that I could google myself and find everything I had ever posted. Not just on this site but on other sites as well.

Thinking about it...I decided it's okay. I fully understand folks not feeling comfortable with that, and it does come as a bit of a shoke when you first realize it. But for very personal stuff there are always pm's and email.

This board has helped me through so much frustration and fear. I don't know yet where I'm heading with my health, but I do know that I have some wonderful company to get me there.

Pretti in Pink
05-09-2008, 05:25 PM
I love the song too- And my cousin (really my mother's 1st cousin) married one of the sisters and they sung it at the reception, it was AWESOME! They are all really sweet.

rob
05-09-2008, 06:25 PM
They're singin now
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa164/teriod/cats/cats052.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa164/teriod/cats/cats078.jpg

Terry, I had to do a double take when I saw those pics of your cats. The cat in the bottom photo looks exactly like my tuxedo cat Sasha. I'll scan a pic of her tomorrow and post it, they must be long lost sisters or something!

Suzique
05-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Teriod,
I apologize for spelling your name incorrectly in another thread. I can never quite get all my spelling right!
Had to tell you that your pictures of your kitties brought sweet tears to my eyes. I had two baby girl kitties that looked exactly like these that I rescued. The solid black I raised and loved for 15 years, and my sister raised her black and white sister for 14. These girls were near and dear to us, and your pictures bring back many fond memories.
I just want to reach out and scratch them on their soft little necks....

Susan

sits_inthe_corner
05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
I had my ashley for 21 yrs...she was a cranky little snot from the first day but she'd been with me through so much and we had an understanding. I fed her when she wanted and she'd come sit on me if I was crying. Other than that I was to keep my distance...she was SUCH a cat.

After she passed away..I waited a couple of months then I found my Hogan. He's an "in your face" affectionate kinda guy. I love him to bits.

He claimed me as soon as I walked in the shelter. Came right over and wrapped his paws around my neck purred in my face.

I know ... you're thinking how sweet...remember...he's a cat. At 3 a.m. when he decides it's time for me to feed him...he stands on my arthritis filled knees and wobbles around :shock:

He's Such a cat! lol Got to love them.