PDA

View Full Version : New To Site

SwirlyGirly
05-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Hello all,

I'm glad the site is back! I just signed up then it disappeared! I was beginning to get quite the complex! :lol:

I have had lupus since I was 13 years old. Been a survivor now for 22 years. I am one of those ever so lucky people that has never experienced a remission. With every major flare it has been different. It picks a new organ to go after. So far, it has skipped my kidneys.. YAY. But I find that ironic in itself, both sides of my family have really bad kidney disease.

So my doctor actually told me to get in touch with others out there. I'm always posing questions like "is this lupus or something just weird for me?" I guess she is getting tired of those questions. And is sending me to you all! :)

Anyway, I'm excited to be here. This site seems to be so positive. I was on another site a few years ago that was just so negative and draining. I love all the positive vibes here.

I hope all are having a lovely, low pain day!

TERIOD
05-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Let me be the first to welcome you to this wonderful site, im sure there will be more people around to welcome you as the realize its back up and running, there are alot of wonderful people here

Terry

admin
05-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Welcome Swirly Girly, and thanks for taking the time to signup again.

mnjodette
05-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Welcome, Swirly girl! You're right...this IS a very positve place! You'll be glad you came back, in spite of the little interruption. I'm happy you found us...there are good people here!

jody

Saysusie
05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Swirlygirl;
As Conrad said, thank you for signing up again and for being patient. Yes, we are back with a face lift. Seems to be moving faster than previously also!
Like you, I've been suffering with Lupus for more than 20 years, however, I've never had any of my internal organs involved. But, that does not mean that the disease does not cause suffering, because it most certainly does!
You are correct, we have the most wonderful group of people here who are very caring, supportive and who genuinely want to help! You are in the right place :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Swirly Girl....

I like that, is has rhythm..Swirly, Swirly Girl.

Welcome...glad you kept trying and viola.. today here we are and here you are too

This is forum is great, I take that back..it is more of a forum. Is is a fabulous family and we welcome you with open arms...

Keep looking for your wellness.
Hugs.
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome SwirlyGirly

Glad you found us again, as I hope the others do as well.

I know I've missed the comfort, humor and support from the wonderful people on this site.

Faith
05-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Welcome SwirlyGirly,

I'm glad you found us again. This is THE most awesome lupus forum. There is no other like IT anywhere.

We are so very blessed. Good to see you back.

Faith 8)

Pearl
05-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Just wanted to add my "hello." I hope you find comfort and support here.

Jana

SwirlyGirly
05-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I'm feeling so comfortable here already!

dede96
05-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Welcome SwirlyGirly. Like everyone else I am glad you found us again too. This place is like Kansas and there's no place like "home"!

sick n tired
05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey Swirly girly,

Let me also add my "voice" to welcome you to the site. I have been diagnosed since last September...I am not sure what a remission is...not gotten to one yet, just one endless array of new meds when the old ones don't seem to be doing the trick.

Well, I look forward to getting to know you,

Karen

mnjodette
05-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey, SwirlyGirly - just wanted to add my belated "welcome". Glad you joined us - I know you'll be glad you did, too!

Jody