PDA

View Full Version : Hey All

BeBe
04-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey everyone,

Not sure where to start really! I was diagnosed with SLE about a year and a half ago, though like many it's been going on for a long time (I'm 19, symptoms since about 12 or 13).

Recently (as in the past couple of months), my symptoms have become progressively worse, along with my mental state (for lack of better words) and I thought it was about time I spoke to some other people with lupus as I never have before.

So hello! Look forwards to getting to know you guys and having a chat now and then.

Pearl
04-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are so young and have been suffering. I am very glad you found the forum. Others will be along to offer their words of welcome. There is much support to be found here, along with a wealth of information about lupus. I hope today finds you feeling as well as can be.

Jana

sits_inthe_corner
04-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Welcome BeBe...

This is a friendly and supportive sight, and a really good mix of people. I'm glad you found you're way here. There's nothing worse than questioning your thought patterns. We make great sounding boards :)

Saysusie
05-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Hello and Welcome BeBe;
We all understand how this disease can affect us emotionally. Lupus can be such a lonely disease and also a very misunderstood one. You can come to us at any time, with any question, or just to talk or vent. We are here to help you as much as we can. Rest assured, we will understand and we want you to know that you are not alone :lol:

Welcome to our family
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Faith
05-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Welcome BeBe,

This is the most supportive group you will find online for Lupus and accompanying autoimmunes.

Welcome again,

Faith

dede96
05-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Welcome BeBe, as you have already heard this is a wonderful place to be. Unfortunately we all have our emotional demons associated with this disease, but everyone here is very supportive and has a wealth of knowledge to share.

sick n tired
05-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Hey Bebe,

How are you doing? I hope that the mental stuff is clearing up some for you. Sometimes the fog descends so low and thick that I am hardpressed to remember my name.

I just wanted to welcome you to this forum, too.

Marcia
05-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi BeBe

I am new too, it is good to see you. I am so sorry you have had to deal with lupus and lupus symptoms from such an early age. I totally get the whole mental aspect of having lupus. It is hard to discribe to someone who has not been there. I have been here about a week or so and I have found this to be a very supportive and caring community.

Marcia

mnjodette
05-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi, BeBe...welcome to our little 'family.' There is always someone here who will be able to relate to your symptoms - and everyone is so supportive. I'm glad you found your way here. You're dealing with a lot for one so young. Ask any questions you can think of, or just read the posts. It'll all be helpful.

Jody

AdriaV
05-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey BeBe,
I'm 19 too and was diagnosed with SLE last november, but looking back, have been having symptoms from I was about 9! When I was diagnosed, it was very hard beacuse you want to talk to your "normal" friends about the disease and how it's making you feel, but they JUST don't understand :!: This forum will give you a chance to express what you're feeling, and knowing that other people here know what you're going through, and don't think you're weird beacuse you have a "moon face" from all the prednisone you intake.....is a blessing :!: You'll sure enjoy the support.

Welcome....

NoodleMom
05-18-2008, 02:51 PM
BeBe,

Welcome!! Glad you found us.

K

Rastagirl
05-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Welcome BeBe,

I was diagnosed at age 18 and my world was turned upside down. It was so difficult to see others my age living normal lives and doing all the things they wanted. Making their plans, looking forward to dreams, going to college, etc. I felt so very alone in my feelings and suffering. None of my healthy friends understood, nor did they try.

I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time of it symptom-wise. Are you taking any medication for your lupus? I hope things are better for you soon.

One thing you will find here is understanding and compassion. We have enough for anyone that needs it.

Here's hoping today is a better day for you! 8)

Fondly,

Lori (Rastagirl)

Pretti in Pink
05-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Welcome Bebe,

You've joined a great cyber family. You'll find warm friendships, understanding, and loving advice and concern.

ColleenT
05-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Hi Bebe,

So glad you've joined us! You are welcome and I look forward to getting to know you!
Hope you're feeling better soon! :)
All the best
Colleen