PDA

View Full Version : i live in jamaica and has lupus

chorlette
04-13-2008, 05:49 PM
hi there i am a 28 year female and has been diagnosed with lupus since january 2008. i have a 2year old son and since i gave birth to him i have been noticing extreme tiredness and fatigue.i have been to my GP on several occasions and the tiredness comes and goes. Late last year the tiredness became worst and i noticed my left arm started cramping especially in my sleep at nights. my family and friends told me i was sleeping too much on my arm and i know i was not. the pains got worst and all the medications my doctor gave me just did not work they only made me feel worst.then my GP decided that i do some blood tests(ANA and ANTI-DNA) which came back positive.the pain and inflammation was so severe i could not get out of bed to go to work.my shoulders were swollen and the Gp prescribed prednisone(20mg) and Celebrex for 2 weeks and recommended that i saw a Rhematologist.the rhematologist prescribed PREXIGE, PLAQUENIL and scaled me down to 10mg prednisone and also OMEGA 3 FISH OIL which did wonders for me.I am now off the PREXIGE and on 10mg prednisone per week(2 tablets per week) and 3 OMEGA 3 fish oil per day along with plaquenil, PHARMATON as multivitamin and BECOMPLEX +Iron and i must tell you i am feeling excellent thanks be to GOD.fatty foods such as fried chicken and pork i have no interest in them and i am feeling great within my body.

sits_inthe_corner
04-13-2008, 05:54 PM
That's great chorlette

yah for you! How's the swelling doing? And welcome to the site.

sick n tired
04-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Hey chorlette,

That is so great to hear...those fatty foods make me very sick to my stomach. I don't want them, either.

Welcome to this forum,

Karen

chorlette
04-13-2008, 06:10 PM
[thanks i have not had any swelling since january and no flares either and i thank god for his help.i try to wear sunsreen and keep out of the sun and take my medications on time and eat right alot of fruits and juices

chorlette
04-13-2008, 06:12 PM
thank you and i really try to stay far from those fatty foods and the sun and i try not to get stressed

sick n tired
04-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Chorette,

That is so great...I hope that you stay in remission for a long, long time. What medicine are you on?

Take care,

Karen

Oluwa
05-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey Chorlette,

Still staying away from those fatty foods..smile..

Since the site came back, you're no where to be found. I hope you didn't get lost in the change...

I am hoping you had your thread tagged for an email reminder and you will find your way back....

Still feeling great I hope...and continuing to be blessed by God...

Hugs..We're thinking of you...wondering where you are..
Oluwa