PDA

View Full Version : understanding the pain

candledust68
04-13-2008, 09:31 AM
hello my name is laua
my story.
It all started 4 years ago my first sx, began as red raised lumps very painful to the touch,the lumps were, the size of mini golf balls, though out my body (ex) hands, feet area i was finially sent for blood work. my rh factor came back at 113 .normal is 13 they said, i had rumatic fever haha.. i was then sent to nurmeros doctor's still no answers.. 4 years later
now i have 5 different problems. lupus,SJogren's,urticaria vasclitis,fiberomyalgia. No one can seem to figure out what's wrong with me. I'am becoming very very tiered of it all. the pain, the not knowing ,the doctor's the medicine's .ther is so much more of my story. it would tkae me all day to tell it. so for now i give you this brief story.

sits_inthe_corner
04-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Hello and welcome laua

It's common for lupus to be coupled with other illnesses. Sorry to hear you have not found relief as yet.

For myself most of my problems are with my skin, my joints and swelling. I'm on arthrotec 75 for my joints. It's cut my pain in half, for which I am greatful.

The swelling had been under control but lately it's been coming back. My skin is controlled with creams but it's a constant battle.

I've had symptoms since I was in my late teens, but the worst symptoms have just started showing themself in the last two years.

I'm sure the others well be along to welcome you to the board :)

Saysusie
04-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Hello and Welcome Candledust68;
As Sits-in-the-corner stated, it is not uncommon for rheumatic diseases to have co-existing diseases. In fact, I think that it is rare to find someone who has Lupus only. Myself, I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's Syndrome, IBS, TMJ and a few others. These diseases not only co-exist, many of their symptoms overlap and it is often difficult to distinguish which disease is causing which pain.
For most of us, living with pain has become a part of our lives. I live with pain twenty-four hours/day for seven days/week. I only distinguish my level of pain on any given day...but the pain is always there! Yes, we get tired of being in pain, we get tired of not having concrete answers, we get tired of not knowing what is next. The unfortunate thing is that these issues are pretty much the "norm" for a disease whose primary symptom is its unpredictability! There can be no concrete answers for a disease that has no concrete symptoms, no concrete treatments, no concrete progression. No one knows the cause of Lupus, there currently is no cure for Lupus....so there is no linear progression to how the disease acts or what to expect next!
What we do, to the best of our ability, is to take care of ourselves, take our medications, keep our doctors appointments, eat a healthy diet, try to exercise regularly, take the necessary precautions, and make the necessary lifestyle changes in order to avoid flare-ups and/or to manage our disease (and our overlap diseases) as best as we can.
This forum and its members are here to help you to do all of those things. You can come to us at any time with questions, concerns, or just to vent. We will always be here for you and we want you to know that you are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
05-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Laua...

Seems you got lost in the shuffle when the site went down. I am hoping you had this mark, so you will get an email and find your way back...

I am Oluwa and I have an ear to hear your long story...no story is too long. Know I've written a page or two here....

I have Lupus and Sjogrens too...Awful, eh? Are they treating your symptoms with Plaquenil, pain medicines, prescriptions to help you sleep and for your hives and rashes. I hope so...no one should have to suffer needlessly when there is things to help...

I hope we see you soon...

Be well..hugs,
Oluwa