PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

DrinkofWtr
04-12-2008, 07:05 AM
:) Hi, I am a new member. I was informally diagnosed with lupus many years ago by an M.D. My father has the illness. I just went to see my Dr. to find out if I have fibromyalgia. I am waiting to see him on the 14th and find out the results of my blood test. This illness is a kicker.

michelle40
04-12-2008, 10:04 AM
welcome to the forums...i joined yesterday and they are a really nice group and very helpful and reassuring.....i have been tested for lupus and awaiting results...i have also got hashimotos thyroiditis and possible sojgrens syndrome and fibromyalgia....here u cant rant rave laugh or cry...with those who understand yr feelings.....michelle

sits_inthe_corner
04-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Welcome DrinkofWtr

I'm on my way to find out.....it's a long road. There's alot of hurry up and waite, so dont hold your breath too long. But with ever step you take on the path you find little things to help you out on the way. And you start to settle with the idea that "yes I have lupus" and move past that to how to live your life as you are now.

Every day brings it's challanges. This is a warm and supportive group. Some us may not have alot of answers but there are a few how have been playing on the lupus team for quite awhile and they've got bags and bags of information.

Rambling is a common occurance here :lol: we all do it. Venting and humor occur often as well.

sick n tired
04-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi DrinkofWtr,,

I posted on your other site first...but allow me to formally say welcome to the forum.

I didn't know that your father had Lupus, too....I am sure that is hard to care for.

I was diagnosed by a General practitioner at first, too....

Do you have fibromyalgia, too...I do and I am not sure which is worse right now.... :?

I am pleased to have met you,

Karen

Saysusie
04-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Hello DrinkofWtr :lol:
You've already received warm welcomes from some of our members, I just wanted to add mine to the mix. It is not unusual for family members to both suffer from Lupus. I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1985 and then my daughter was diagnosed around 1992.
I'm glad that you decided to join our family. Our members are kind, supportive, caring and comforting and everyone here is more than willing to provide any answers or information that you might need. Again....welcome!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie