PDA

View Full Version : lupus and EDS

gila
04-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi peops,
I am an EDSer- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome- a genetic connective tissue disorder which is generally thought of as "rare".
but I agree with my prof who once said "well it's more a case of it being rarely diagnosed".
and I keep coming across families who have peops with EDS dx and peops with lupus dx, and even peops who have both dxes...

so that set me thinking... :lol: especially as there is some canadian research out there that found some genetic markers for lupus susceptability...
is there a 'close connection'????

with EDS often the first signs are that you are
late with learning to walk
a non crawler

so could you please indulge me and let me know whether 'yes or no' you
were/werent a 'late developer' ...
thank you!!!
gila

Pearl
04-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Hello Gila -

Welcome to the forum. I don't have EDS, so I can't help with your survey. I am sure some other members will try to assist any way they can.

You might search with the terms "Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome" and "lupus" together on the PubMed website ( www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed ). The article abstracts are from medical journals and some are very technical, but I find it is a terrific research website, even though I am not a physician and do not understand everything I read on the site.

Best of luck to you.

Jana

gila
04-09-2008, 02:34 AM
:oops: sorry I havent made this clear-
I'm not looking for peops who have both dxes

I would like to know if any of you peops with lupus were late walkers and/or non-crawlers?

thanks
gila

Oluwa
04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi Gila...

Humm. I don't think I was late or a nadda. If I was I am sure it would have been mentioned through the years at some point. Though I did suck my thumb for years after I left the diapers behind...

Enjoy this day,
Oluwa